PDA

View Full Version : Planning Your Route, Carpools, & Hitchhikers for Sat June 30th Des Moines Rally

nayjevin
06-23-2007, 11:19 AM
This thread for who's going, what route are you taking, and how many open seats do you have. How do people contact you to catch a ride? What's your gas money rule?

Let's get there people, as a group, respectable and clean, for one cause, and one cause only.

cujothekitten
06-23-2007, 12:15 PM
Anyone going from chicago?

cujothekitten
06-23-2007, 12:34 PM
bump

nayjevin
06-23-2007, 12:34 PM
we only have 7 days!

sunny
06-23-2007, 12:46 PM
bump

i'm in maine - anyone from new england going to iowa! lol i know it's a long way from here but i think i'd go if there were other people
to go with...

i don't have cable and never seen colbert except the bush fiasco (that i only saw the clip of) and dr. paul being on his show - so my question is:
what is the "bump"?

FSUSeminolesR#1
06-23-2007, 12:48 PM
I live in South/Central Florida. Is anyone going from down this way.

Hamburglar
06-23-2007, 12:51 PM
i'm in maine - anyone from new england going to iowa! lol i know it's a long way from here but i think i'd go if there were other people
to go with...

i don't have cable and never seen colbert except the bush fiasco (that i only saw the clip of) and dr. paul being on his show - so my question is:
what is the "bump"?

A bump when you are on the forums is posting to put a thread at the top of the list.

The colbert bump is the boost in the polls you supposedly get by going on his show.

Bossobass
06-23-2007, 12:58 PM
I'm flying in through Dallas from Charlotte, NC. I'm bringing 3 people with me, so that's 4 more supporters.

Can anyone in Iowa post info regarding signs for the rally?

Bosso

JoshLowry
06-23-2007, 01:05 PM
I'm flying in through Dallas from Charlotte, NC. I'm bringing 3 people with me, so that's 4 more supporters.

Can anyone in Iowa post info regarding signs for the rally?

Bosso

The guys from Phoenix who started the Ron Paul R[evol]ution logos are bringing lots of supplies: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=33690&postcount=58

I wouldn't rely on them though, try and bring what you can. I am driving through Dallas in a Yukon XL on the 26th, do you guys have a ride?

nayjevin
06-23-2007, 01:07 PM
there's about a 25% chance i can go -- driving from Tulsa, so

Joplin
Kansas City
OKC
Miami, OK

I would have 2 seats. I'll know for sure in a day or two.

Could maybe work out a Springfield or Columbia situation.

sunny
06-23-2007, 01:07 PM
A bump when you are on the forums is posting to put a thread at the top of the list.

The colbert bump is the boost in the polls you supposedly get by going on his show.
thanks!

kevinh-SD
06-23-2007, 01:24 PM
Anyone coming from the Northwest is welcome to stay the night with us before and after. Futon couch, floor space, tent space int he yard, camper space in the driveway.

We live about halfway between Sioux Falls and Mitchell, just south of I-90.

FYI

We have 3 friendly cats.
I have a sunday morning paper route at about 4:00 am, but I won't be loud.

Looks like the package will be delivered (http://blog.ronpaul2008.com/ron_paul_2008/2007/06/in-iowa-ron-pau.html). :cool:

angelatc
06-23-2007, 01:41 PM

Cujo, are you on the MeetUp group? Scott Bludorn just sent us an email about coordinating the Chicago area.

Bossobass
06-23-2007, 01:55 PM
The guys from Phoenix who started the Ron Paul R[evol]ution logos are bringing lots of supplies: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=33690&postcount=58

I wouldn't rely on them though, try and bring what you can. I am driving through Dallas in a Yukon XL on the 26th, do you guys have a ride?

Yeah, we're covered, thanks a million for the offer.

From being at the debates, I've become sold on the impact of the tiered signs, which is just a few signs stapled to a 1"X 2"X 6-8'. Impossible to fly with that sort of gear, so I was wondering if anyone in Iowa could handle that sort of materials list.

Hope to meet you there, Josh:cool: Later in the week when my flight times are secured, I hope to exchange cell phone #s with ya, etc.

Bosso

JoshLowry
06-23-2007, 02:16 PM
You should try and board with one, just for kicks.

I will pick up 5 or 6 of those stakes from Home Depot before I leave town.

BravoSix
06-23-2007, 04:08 PM
I'm flying in from out of state. My flight lands in Kansas City, Missouri at 1:14 PM on Friday, June 29th. I've rented a car already, and will be driving to Des Moines.

I plan on staying until Sunday morning, July 1st.

I'd be more than happy to pick up a few hitchhikers in the KC Metro area. I could fit 3, maybe 4 more people.

All I ask is that ya chip in for gas, and maybe split the cost of the rental with me ($72). If you're strapped for cash, and that's too much to ask, then so be it.....I'm going that way anyway.

PM me or email (Brian AT bravosix.net)

Also, I haven't booked a hotel as of yet, so if anyone has reccomendations, send 'em my way.

John of Des Moines
06-23-2007, 04:11 PM
Please use Meg Davis as your contact person. I won't have time to handle mundane questions about Des Moines. Meg Davis: <meg9999@gmx.net>

JoshLowry
06-23-2007, 04:13 PM
Please use Meg Davis as your contact person. I won't have time to handle mundane questions about Des Moines. Meg Davis: <meg9999@gmx.net>

Have her register here!

No questions are mundane, everyone in life needs a little support. ;)

nayjevin
06-24-2007, 09:28 AM
I won't be able to make it after all -- but wish luck to all.

JoshLowry
06-24-2007, 09:31 AM
Houston to Des Moines

Room for 3 more adults

Leaving on 26th

Dallas, Oklahoma City, Wichita, Topeka, Kansas City

denvervoipguru
06-24-2007, 09:48 AM

I will pick up 5 or 6 of those stakes from Home Depot before I leave town.

Denver will bring some tiered-sign supplies too

emilysdad
06-24-2007, 10:19 AM
Des Moines is 1875 miles from my home in California. I want to be there, however, air flight is $900 and 11 tanks of gas @ $70 per tank is $800. I can't afford this on my own. If I can get 3 more from CA, the cost would be much more reasonable. The drive is 27 hours per mapquest, which means it is more like 23 hours.

Anbody from CA willing to share the expense and would like to attend, please email me at kinsjon@sbcglobal.net by Wednesday.

Thanks.

Suzu
06-24-2007, 10:30 AM
Houston to Des Moines

Room for 3 more adults

Leaving on 26th

Dallas, Oklahoma City, Wichita, Topeka, Kansas City

Josh,

I am 9 hours due south of Des Moines needing a ride. I don't have a vehicle. Any chance you could route your trip through Ava, Missouri?

meg44
06-24-2007, 11:10 AM
I'm going from Kansas. We had a show of hands at our meeting yesterday; it looked like five or six were going. I'd like to find out more about the Convoy out of Texas.

Meg
meg9999@gmx.net

BravoSix
06-24-2007, 11:34 AM
Meg-

I've posted this before, but I wanted to just bring it to your attention. I'll be driving from Kansas City to Des Moines on the 29th. I'll have room for 3 or 4 more people to tag along if anyone you know of needs a ride.

Brian

Avalon
06-24-2007, 12:11 PM
Anbody from CA willing to share the expense and would like to attend, please email me Hey, I'm not from CA but I do know it's a big, well populated state. If you narrow down your location a bit more, I'm sure you'd be more likely to get responses.

JoshLowry
06-24-2007, 12:17 PM
Josh,

I am 9 hours due south of Des Moines needing a ride. I don't have a vehicle. Any chance you could route your trip through Ava, Missouri?

Private message sent.

emilysdad
06-24-2007, 01:28 PM
Hey, I'm not from CA but I do know it's a big, well populated state. If you narrow down your location a bit more, I'm sure you'd be more likely to get responses.

It is a big state and I live smack in the middle, so even as far north or south is about a 4 hour drive, plus depending on the response, travel arrangments can be adjusted to pick someone up. I have left a message with our local meetup cordinator as well. I live in a small populace and we have 19 meetup members. I know it is a long shot because this would definately be a "Road Trip", pressed for time and arrangments, so anybody willing to go needs to realize the nature of this trip! I like to think positive, so the inconvienences associated with this trip (other than finances) is really no big deal to me. Dr. Paul and the prospect of this rally is most worthy of this adventure.

ChicagoLawyer
06-24-2007, 03:06 PM
I'm driving from Chicago, leaving early Saturday morning and leaving late on Saturday, making it all in one day (but a full day!). I've cross posted this on the Chicago meetup site. I can take 3 others in my little car, so let me know, either through the Chicago meetup site or through this thread. I don't know who else is driving from Chicago, but maybe we can get a convoy.

Joe Knows
06-24-2007, 03:15 PM
It looks like we got us a convoy.

Since we are going to have many different vehicles converging on Des Moines I would like to suggest that we all decorate our cars with Ron Paul signs. Think of all the people we will see on the way.

I will be flying in to Wichita from Florida and then renting a car.

Joe Knows

LibertyEagle
06-24-2007, 03:44 PM

They only care about fluids, box cutters and nail clippers. :)

bojo68
06-24-2007, 04:48 PM
Got at least one in Portland Or. interested in riding, my car is only a 2 seater.

CurtisLow
06-24-2007, 04:51 PM
Anyone driving there from the N.E. via highway I-80 Pennsylvania?

JoshLowry
06-24-2007, 04:53 PM
Got at least one in Portland Or. interested in riding, my car is only a 2 seater.

25 hour road trip! :eek:

gocubsgo
06-24-2007, 05:56 PM

seriously thinking about it

gocubsgo
06-24-2007, 05:58 PM
I'm driving from Chicago, leaving early Saturday morning and leaving late on Saturday, making it all in one day (but a full day!). I've cross posted this on the Chicago meetup site. I can take 3 others in my little car, so let me know, either through the Chicago meetup site or through this thread. I don't know who else is driving from Chicago, but maybe we can get a convoy.

If i go, that's my plan too... i should know by Monday.

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-24-2007, 06:04 PM
Doesn't every meetup group have this listed as an event? That makes it REALLY easy to car pool.

That said, if anyone wants to carpool from MN, go to our meetup event at http://ronpaul.meetup.com/55/calendar/5918762/

Post Chicago's meetup event here, y'all can RSVP, and then you all will know who's going, where to meet to carpool, what time, etc.

sunny
06-24-2007, 06:10 PM
Anyone driving there from the N.E. via highway I-80 Pennsylvania?

hey curtis, i'm in maine........that's a really long trip but i'm considering doing it. where are you exactly? when are you leaving? staying? coming back? what are you driving? how old are you? etc etc. etc.

bojo68
06-24-2007, 08:17 PM
25 hour road trip! :eek:

I have a reading assignment for Ed Failor, and I want to deliver it in person. Think of Uncle Sam holding up his first three fingers saying "Read Between the Lines" That jerk's got me pissed, and a week on the road is no big deal.

LinuxUser269
06-24-2007, 09:02 PM
Traveling from Sarasota florida renting a car need help with fuel no one on board yet so i need to know by late monday early tuesday so i can pick the size car or van if enough ppl are going . probably leave on thurs night or friday morning

CurtisLow
06-24-2007, 10:46 PM
hey curtis, i'm in maine........that's a really long trip but i'm considering doing it. where are you exactly? when are you leaving? staying? coming back? what are you driving? how old are you? etc etc. etc.

I was looking for a ride. I'm 44. I might just hang out....?

LinuxUser269
06-24-2007, 11:00 PM
I live in South/Central Florida. Is anyone going from down this way.
I am in Sarasota / Bradenton area
I am ready to rent a car. depending on how many go from the area or on the way on the size car or van to get . we need to get this worked out quickly for it to work . gonna need help with with fuel.

I think a bunch of constitution loving tax hating Ron Paul supporters converging peacefully from around the country(world perhaps) on Des Monies will be just what the doctor ordered for a bad case of forgetting who's the taxpayers best Friend.

ALL IN FAVOR....say I

Trance Dance Master
06-25-2007, 01:50 AM

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/94/calendar/5925321/

I would love to go! Need a ride as well.

belian78
06-25-2007, 07:02 AM
I'm in Peoria, and planning on being there this saturday. still need to plot out my course, but looking to see if any in my area are on here looking to carpool. i'll have room for 3-4 depending on if anyone comes with me from Peoria. I'll be back with updates as soon as i know, but PM me if your interested in sharing gas costs.

ChicagoLawyer
06-25-2007, 08:55 AM
Trance Dance Master: You get my private message?

JoshLowry
06-25-2007, 09:00 AM
Trance Dance Master: You get my private message?

He's probably still sleeping, looks like he was up late last night.