PDA

View Full Version : Illinois House votes to legalize medical marijuana

sailingaway
04-18-2013, 12:00 AM
CHICAGO — The Illinois House of Representatives voted narrowly on Wednesday to legalize the use of marijuana for medical purposes, bringing the state a step closer to becoming the 21st in the United States to allow the use of the drug in some form to treat illness.

The chamber voted 61 to 57 in favor of a measure to allow patients with a doctor’s permission to use marijuana. The measure will now go to the state Senate. Gov. Pat Quinn (D) has said he is open-minded on the proposal.

Twenty states and the District have voted for some form of medical marijuana. The most recent was Maryland, where lawmakers gave final approval this month. Washington state and Colorado have gone further and approved marijuana for recreational use.

The Illinois measure sets up a four-year state-regulated pilot program, effective next January, allowing a maximum of 60 places to grow marijuana for medical uses. If another law has not been approved by the end of the four years, the pilot program would end.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/illinois-house-votes-to-legalize-medical-marijuana/2013/04/17/9b4fe3ac-a7c6-11e2-a8e2-5b98cb59187f_story.html?wprss=rss_social-wirepolitics&Post+generic=%3Ftid%3Dsm_twitter_washingtonpost

oyarde
04-18-2013, 12:10 AM
I see, lots of taxes, no guns , and some weed. The real Illinis would be ashamed , freedom, Liberty, weed for any who want it, weapons for all.....

belian78
04-18-2013, 08:13 AM
The day that MM dispensaries open up in IL is the day that a horn grows out of my head, and I get the ability to turn invisible. LMAO There is absolutely no frickin way the Gestapo in this state will allow it to happen. Even if laws get passed, there will be so many regulations and so much red tape, no one will be able to open a facility.

This is the state that is allowing it's waterways to be absolutely overrun with asian carp, while bow/fishermen have been begging to be able to sell to processing plants. IL gave out I think, 6 permits, statewide? LMAO