PDA

View Full Version : Professors Compare Pro-Life Students to Lynch Mob

Origanalist
04-17-2013, 10:50 PM
Pro-Life students at the University of Buffalo came under a fierce attack by a group of professors who compared them to a lynch mob. At least one professor was arrested after she launched a profanity-laced tirade directed toward the students.

The professors were outraged after the Students for Life club received permission to display a pro-life exhibit that included graphic images of abortion victims along with Holocaust victims and victims of lynching.

A half dozen history professors condemned the display in a letter to the student newspaper.

“Anti-abortion protesters appear to have a lot in common with those who supported lynching,” they wrote in the school paper. “We feel it is imperative to speak out against this crass, uninformed and dangerous misuse of history.”

The professors said they did not object to their protest – only to the content of their protest.

However, Laura Curry, an adjunct instructor of media study, said she was offended by the entire display and began publicly berating and cursing the students.

“Where does it say I can’t use the f**k word in public,” Curry screamed at students. “I can swear because that’s part of my vocabulary. That’s part of my First Amendment rights.”

She was later arrested by authorities for disorderly conduct. An unidentified individual filmed the incident and posted the video on Creative Minority Report.

“That image is profane but f**k is,” she yelled at police officers responding to the disturbance.

A university spokesman told Fox News confirmed Curry’s arrest but declined to provide information about her current employment status.

“Would you let my class know I’m under arrest,” she asked as officers slapped a pair of handcuffs on the profane professor and carted her off to jail.

Christian Andzel, president of the university’s Students for Life group, called the professors’ attacks shameful.

“Not only am I ashamed and appalled that my professors twisted our message to suit their point of view, but I am offended due to their false characterization of our argument,” Andzel said. “We were citing the history of oppression and voicelessness of the victims who deserved human rights and justice.”

Pro-Life students were also targeted by their peers. Their photos were posted on signs that were labeled “Indecency, Ignorance, Intolerance.”

“We knew coming in this would be rough,” Andzel said. “I am so proud of the pro-life students who stood up for the voiceless.”

The University of Buffalo did not offer any apology to the students who were subjected to the professor’s public outburst.

“The University of Buffalo strives to create an environment in which diverse opinions can be expressed and heard,” the statement read. “As a public university, it is a fundamental value of UB that all members of the campus community and their invited guests have a right to peacefully express their views and opinions, regardless of whether others may disagree with those expressions.”

The university said protestors have a right to “oppose the views or opinions of others, but not in such a way as to limit or prevent the speaker’s freedom of expression or interfere with university operations.”
http://townhall.com/columnists/toddstarnes/2013/04/17/professors-compare-prolife-students-to-lynch-mob-n1570886/page/full/

Smart3
04-17-2013, 11:56 PM
Showing aborted fetuses alongside Holocaust victims is going way too far.

You've basically called the entire Jewish population of America - Nazis. (since virtually every Jewish voter is pro-choice)

enjerth
04-18-2013, 09:00 AM

You've basically called the entire Jewish population of America - Nazis. (since virtually every Jewish voter is pro-choice)

Mass murder is mass murder, and our current abortion policy may have roots in Nazi eugenics. So why not?

Oh, and I'm not pro-choice. I know plenty of Jews who aren't.

UMULAS
04-18-2013, 09:09 AM

APAT Warrior
04-18-2013, 09:30 AM
Mass murder is mass murder, and our current abortion policy may have roots in Nazi eugenics. So why not?

Oh, and I'm not pro-choice. I know plenty of Jews who aren't.

I concur. I'm not "pro-choice" at all. I believe if you for example lie down, get pregnant and then are due to have a baby, that you allow nature to take it's course and have the baby. Now whether or not you should've gotten pregnant in the 1st place if you weren't able to care for a child, aka, support the child, that's not what I'm addressing. I just think personal responsibility for ones actions means alot, no matter how much pro-choice anyone wants to clamor about. Mass murder is mass murder, exactly. Aborting babies is tantamount to deserving of a murder charge.

gwax23
04-18-2013, 09:58 AM
I know people who go to that school and the idiots are pro choice and posted all these pictures of them confronting the pro lifers.

The pictures got huge number of likes to my dismay.

roho76
04-18-2013, 10:05 AM
Only these people can compare people who want to kill others to people who don't want to kill others. Talk about "new speak."

talkingpointes
04-18-2013, 10:34 AM

I'm with Earnest Hankcock on this - If you're going to a pistol gathering, better bring your biggest rifle. Don't meet people have way, meet them all they way. I was not pro-life before Ron, but he completely helped change my mind. You don't need to be a christian to see that abortion is morally wrong.

To see this images almost make me physically ill. I cannot believe those that partake in this. It's just too much, way -too much.

Lucille
04-18-2013, 10:37 AM
The professors were outraged after the Students for Life club received permission to display a pro-life exhibit that included graphic images of abortion victims along with Holocaust victims and victims of lynching.

All victims of leftists. They don't like to be reminded of their handywork, I guess.

CaseyJones
04-18-2013, 10:40 AM
http://www.lifenews.com/2013/04/17/college-professor-arrested-for-profane-rant-at-pro-life-students/

A college professor has been arrested for a profane rant at pro-life students at the University of Buffalo.

Professor Laura Curry screamed at students, yelling at them: “Where does it say I can’t use the f**k word in public. I can swear because that’s part of my vocabulary. That’s part of my First Amendment rights.”

According to a report by Fox News, Curry, an adjunct instructor of media study, was lashing out at the University’s Students for Life organization. The group had erected a pro-life display featuring images that offended Curry.

“I can swear in public because that is profane,” she said referring to the display. “That image is swearing to me. That is profane to me.”

more at link ^

Christian Liberty
04-18-2013, 10:41 AM
I would have yelled back, and told her she was endorsing murder. I would not have supported her arrest.

Anti Federalist
04-18-2013, 10:41 AM
Can we separate yet?

talkingpointes
04-18-2013, 10:57 AM
All victims of leftists. They don't like to be reminded of their handywork, I guess.

Well, if you are right and they are expressing cognitive dissonance. (looking at the pictures and seeing first hand what their beliefs entail)
That would explain the butthurt outrage and the professor acting like a child. Wahhhh, cry me a river, you sick fucks. When I usually tell leftist I'm pro-life they try to paint me as a creationist. lol Because when you look at the "cells" as life and that shooting semen into a woman's vagina leads to a child, it's sick and it's hard to say what it is you truly think. Many pro-choice people I don't think have an idea of how it's actually done, I sure didn't.

enjerth
04-18-2013, 11:12 AM
Can we separate yet?

Separatists are the new evil within. (Reported)

On the other hand, if you don't like it, you can always just leave. Just remember, we hold grudges, we have drones, and the whole world is our warzone.

Be sure to pay your taxes on the way out.

The Free Hornet
04-18-2013, 11:40 AM

So what? Jews can act like Nazis just like anybody else. If they're offended, they can exercise their free speech too.

This is from someone not on board with faux the pro-life movement that gives mothers a pass on what it wants to demonize as murder but regulate as in Obamacare. It is a shame neither side had more coherent arguments but nobody went too far.

Pericles
04-18-2013, 11:41 AM
I'll go with Potter Stewart - abortion is the only medical procedure which has as its object, something other than the preservation and extension of life.

FriedChicken
04-18-2013, 12:06 PM
I think the teachers acted very distastefully - one would hope they above all would be able to engage in a civil disagreement. I can tell from the article that the author has taken the side of the pro-life students, so I don't know that the entire story has been told, but from what is in this article it seems the students reacted very maturely and respectfully.

If the pictures of aborted fetuses are not children I don't understand why the site of them would be offensive to anyone in a university setting where gruesome pictures with an educational intent would surely have been seen before in more than one class.

I hope that the pictures they used are real - because their are a lot of fake photoshop jobs out there on the internet. Even though it wouldn't really mean anything regarding the argument I'm sure lots of people would love to rub in their faces that the pictures aren't even real as an attempt to undermine the argument.

Warrior_of_Freedom
04-18-2013, 12:13 PM

The Jews are doing the same to the Palestinians what the Nazis did to the Jews. The only difference is they aren't systematically killing them all. They're just terrorizing them to death.

Origanalist
04-18-2013, 12:55 PM
Hey, aren't you a moderator?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?411679-Professors-Compare-Pro-Life-Students-to-Lynch-Mob
:D

CaseyJones
04-18-2013, 12:58 PM
merged

Mini-Me
04-18-2013, 02:35 PM
The bizarrely twisted thinking and crass tone of these professors are both forcing me to reevaluate which fields of study actually deserve doctorate degrees. ;)

Krzysztof Lesiak
04-18-2013, 02:39 PM
This is insane.