PDA

View Full Version : Randpaul2016.com

StumbleBum7
04-17-2013, 06:15 PM
Hi I just had a question. I really wanted a Randpaul Sticker for my new car. I ordered a

http://store.randpaul2016.com/stickers/stand-with-rand-bumper-sticker.html

through this site over 2 weeks ago. Yet to recieve a shipping confirmation or a email back regarding if it was ever being shipped. I can't find a number to call them. Does anyone know if this site is legit or not? Im tempted to call my card company and cancel this transaction if possible. Certainly disappointing.

sailingaway
04-17-2013, 06:19 PM
A PAC is sending out stickers for free or your address, I believe, they seem to be building a mailing list. I thought that was them. I think they filed with the FEC as having donated to Ron (just a few thousand) but when you looked at the expenditures it seemed to all be for the 'bumper sticker project'. I have no idea if it is legitimate or not, sorry. I've wondered.

sailingaway
04-17-2013, 06:24 PM
my understanding is that rand-2016.com is Rand's, or something, but someone here was getting RandPaul2016 for Rand back in 2010. I thought that was his Senate site.

Yep. Don't see a store link there: http://www.randpaul2016.com/

tsai3904
04-17-2013, 06:28 PM
That is his official campaign reelection website.

I don't see a phone number either but you can try contacting the campaign here:

http://store.randpaul2016.com/contacts/

tsai3904
04-17-2013, 06:31 PM
When you add items to your cart, it says the estimated shipping time is 10 business days so two weeks plus/minus couple days sounds about right.

StumbleBum7
04-17-2013, 06:31 PM
I did that twice now. Once just tonight. Hopefully they get back to me or I will cancel the order and order elsewhere. The lack of communication is killer.

Thanks for all the info though guys.

StumbleBum7
04-17-2013, 06:46 PM
When you add items to your cart, it says the estimated shipping time is 10 business days so two weeks plus/minus couple days sounds about right.

Good catch. I looked I ordered April 2nd. So Its been 15 days. Hopefully its shipped soon

DrHendricks
04-28-2013, 06:13 PM
I made an order on March 30th and my order is still listed as processing. Is it time to cancel my order? :confused:

libertyplz
04-28-2013, 08:05 PM
I made an order on March 30th and my order is still listed as processing. Is it time to cancel my order? :confused:

Yea, I don't know. Not sure if they have an email that is actively checked. I don't know if this related or not, but I haven't received my shirt yet that they said they would send with a $50 donation ( I don't think they are offering a shirt with a donation anymore, but I made a payment while they were - around march 20th I think). It's not really a big deal in my case. I was planning on sending a donation regardless, the shirt was just a bonus. So if I don't get it, it's no big loss really. I hope the people that ordered stuff through the store gets their stuff soon though.

whoisjohngalt
04-29-2013, 11:32 AM
My girlfriend ordered a stand with rand shirt about a month ago. Nothing. She emailed them to ask if they were still going to ship it. No response...

tsai3904
04-29-2013, 11:47 AM
I found the campaign treasurer's business phone number online.

If anyone who had a problem with their order pm's me, I'll give you the number so you can hopefully contact the treasurer and ask about the orders.

whoisjohngalt
04-29-2013, 11:52 AM
If Rand doesn't know now, he will soon.

This is horrible. Think about how much "Stand With Rand" memorabilia was ordered that would serve as great marketing for 2016. Not just by us either, but by plenty of neocons, teocons, and the like

Not to mention a pissed consumer who isn't a die hard supporter might very well become skeptical of his team's ability to manage things and therefore be reluctant to donate to the campaign in 2016. I know that's how my mom is and I'm sure there are others like her. If she had ordered that shirt, been charged, and not heard a word back after trying to make contact, she would refuse to ever get Rand another penny.

This is deeply upsetting.

whoisjohngalt
04-29-2013, 11:53 AM
I found the campaign treasurer's business phone number online.

If anyone who had a problem with their order pm's me, I'll give you the number so you can hopefully contact the treasurer and ask about the orders.

There is no evidence that anyone has ever actually received anything. I don't think this is a couple cases. I think that there is something massively wrong.

tsai3904
04-29-2013, 12:06 PM
I just spoke to the campaign treasurer on the phone.

He said he hopes to get things shipped out this week or next week but its really in the hands of the third party vendors that they ordered the products from. He said he'll contact the vendors right after my call and will check on the progress. He sounded very apologetic and said that this "Stand with Rand" stuff came out of nowhere.

Cowlesy
04-29-2013, 12:16 PM

He said he hopes to get things shipped out this week or next week but its really in the hands of the third party vendors that they ordered the products from. He said he'll contact the vendors right after my call and will check on the progress. He sounded very apologetic and said that this "Stand with Rand" stuff came out of nowhere.

Thank you for picking up a phone and calling someone! +REP

dannno
04-29-2013, 12:27 PM
Wow by the time these stickers get sent out I think most people are going to just want to sit with Rand.

whoisjohngalt
04-29-2013, 12:30 PM

Yes good work, but there is no guarantee and he might try to cover his ass by not letting Rand in on the catastrophe that has occurred. Rand is going to find out. This is more damaging than it seems as previously mentioned. I'm glad he answered the phone, but not responding to multiple emails in this day and age is completely unacceptable.

Those of us who are die hard supporters not getting our stuff is no big deal, but those who are lukewarm, undecided but fans of the filibuster will be affected and at the very least we lost out on a ton of consumer paid advertising.

If I was Rand, I would make a very brief statement apologizing and pointing to the overwhelming response from the filibuster causing the delay.

whoisjohngalt
04-29-2013, 12:41 PM

Even if it did "come out of nowhere" which is a bit nonsense, they didn't have the t-shirts for sale until afterwards and they should have anticipated from the filibuster response that there would be a massive run for merchandise.

Why not send out a mass email to all those who ordered? Why not put out a press release? Something? Anything? Why not respond to electronic communications? There is no excuse for any of that, I don't care how apologetic he is. Very disappointing. Making the campaign look like amateurs.

libertyplz
05-06-2013, 04:10 PM
Just bumping this.

I got my shirt today, so for the people that are still waiting I'm sure your stuff is on the way!