PDA

View Full Version : Here's a new one. Ron Paul - A New York Republican?

American
11-25-2007, 12:27 AM
National digest: Ron Paul raises $9 million in two months

Campaign fundraising

WASHINGTON | Rep. Ron Paul said in a television interview Friday that he has raised more than $9 million in the past two months for his presidential campaign.

Paul, a New York Republican, said on Bloomberg Television’s “Political Capital With Al Hunt” that he expects to raise at least $12 million for the fourth quarter.

On Nov. 5, Paul’s supporters put together an eye-popping performance for their candidate, gathering $4.3 million, one of the biggest single-day showings of any candidate in history.

continued..
http://www.kansascity.com/news/nation/story/375333.html

steph3n
11-25-2007, 12:30 AM
someone needs to research!

American
11-25-2007, 12:33 AM
I think they are trying to confuse the people of Kansas for Dr. Paul with Rudie.

Maverick
11-25-2007, 12:33 AM
Wow, I don't get it. How do you screw that up? I can understand some of the misinterpretation of some of his policies, but to completely miss (or make up) something as simple as where a congressman hails from?

Btw, I guess this should be in the Bad Media section?

OptionsTrader
11-25-2007, 12:35 AM
Probably written by someone used to publishing spin for the parrot.

http://i13.tinypic.com/7wse2va.jpg

ionlyknowy
11-25-2007, 12:36 AM
Where was RP born? Pennsylvania? That's only 216 miles and 3 hours and 54 minutes from New York...LOL!!

yaz
11-25-2007, 12:38 AM
Why is the picture of some ugly girl instead of Ron Paul?

OptionsTrader
11-25-2007, 12:38 AM
Where was RP born?

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

ronpaulfan
11-25-2007, 12:40 AM
They're picking up smear tactics from that Pace picante sauce commercial.

"This one's made in New York City"

"NEW YORK CITY?!?!"

:p

OptionsTrader
11-25-2007, 12:58 AM

"NEW YORK CITY?!?!"

LOL old school...

Ginobili
11-25-2007, 01:01 AM

"NEW YORK CITY?!?!"

*Horse alarm goes off*

noztnac
11-25-2007, 03:04 AM
Dig This:

A "New York" Republican?????
Ron Paul is not from New York. Are they trying to confuse Dr. Paul with draft dodger Giuliani?

foofighter20x
11-25-2007, 04:09 AM
Dig This:

A "New York" Republican?????
Ron Paul is not from New York. Are they trying to confuse Dr. Paul with draft dodger Giuliani?

Bzzzt. Incorrect. Giuliani didn't dodge the draft. He registered as required. He did get deferments, however. Get your facts straight if you are going to attack someone. If you don't, then it only makes the person attacked look like a victim and makes you look like a lying hatchet man.

troyd1
11-25-2007, 06:15 AM
Someone probably just misread something or had their facts wrong.

Bradley in DC
11-25-2007, 09:05 AM
When I filed our slate of delegate candidates in DC, they first printed it as Ron Paul - New York. I caught the error and they redid it. But weird.

speciallyblend
11-25-2007, 09:43 AM
anyone email them yet for a major correction?

noztnac
11-26-2007, 02:44 AM
Bzzzt. Incorrect. Giuliani didn't dodge the draft. He registered as required. He did get deferments, however. Get your facts straight if you are going to attack someone. If you don't, then it only makes the person attacked look like a victim and makes you look like a lying hatchet man.

You can twist the facts around any way you want. Giuliani "dodged" the draft.

The fact that his method of "dodging" the draft was to pull strings and get deferments changes nothing.

I didn't say what he did was illegal. I said he was a draft dodger. Go look up dodge in the dictionary. It means to avoid.

I am concerned that people don't know about the four deferments. I'll let people look at the facts and decide for themselves who did and did not avoid (dodge) the draft.
My father served in Vietnam. He considers Giuliani a draft dodger.