PDA

View Full Version : Websites of Diverging Political Perspectives?

DonovanJames
04-16-2013, 10:58 AM
I've wondered about this, in passing, a few times here and there. First of all, I am discomforted by "factions" but for the sake of clarification I will use identifiable terms here.

Are there any Progressive, Liberal or Pro-Obama websites with a forum type atmosphere? (Please no MSM sites/blogs with a comment section)

I am looking for something to the emulation of the RPF or DailyPaul that is not, to an extent, populated with Libertarian/Conservative/Volunteerism minds. This is not an attempt to infiltrate and disavow other people, but more of a mission of understanding and gaining my own knowledge by wearing another's shoes, per say.

I'm sure we are all aware of propaganda and mob mentality, but I believe that what we do here and how we participate together may, to some, be considered the very same thing. When you ask a fish about his surroundings; the last thing he'll say is that he is in water.

Is it that these forums you and I frequent are the ONLY bastion of politically exchanging ideas? The first of their kind perhaps? If so, I find that very amazing and very proud to be a part of it!

But if you do know of some "blue" forums could you please PM me or post in here?

Please refrain from any derogatory comments towards "the Liberals" - (Unless you are referring to crooks already in office) I'm looking to be among people who still go through the same BS that you and I have too.

Thanks!

CPUd
04-16-2013, 11:37 AM
Reddit is a good starting point.

It's good to see different sides of an issue/idea. But a side effect is that each group has misconceptions about the other, and you will be facepalming more often, no matter which site you are on.

ninepointfive
04-16-2013, 11:42 AM
these two slant conservative, but there are many others on it:

godlikeproductions
abovetopsecret

reddit, as mentioned, definitely slants liberal and there are many young people on it.

not sure about a "mirror" to rpf, but this is a really good idea. post any results/observations of yours back here from time to time.