PDA

View Full Version : Tax Cheaters: Los Angeles, San Francisco, Houston, Atlanta and the district ofColombia

aGameOfThrones
04-15-2013, 11:56 PM
The IRS has released a study showing where the nation's biggest tax cheaters live. (AP)

A new report from the Internal Revenue Service shows that some of the nation’s wealthiest areas are also home to many of the nation’s biggest tax cheats.

For millions of procrastinating Americans, April 15 has unofficially become known as “Tax Day,” the last day in which individuals can file their tax returns before missing the national deadline.

We may not particularly enjoy filing our taxes, but most people say we should still be honest. A 2006 Pew Research Center poll found that 79 percent of people think it’s morally wrong to cheat on taxes.

Nonetheless, not everyone is completely honest when filing their tax returns. And some people choose to not file any return at all. But where do most offenders call home?

According to a report from the National Taxpayer Advocate, a division of the IRS, the biggest offending areas per capita are: Los Angeles, San Francisco, Houston, Atlanta and our nation’s capital, the District of Columbia.

That’s right, the same place where our national tax laws are crafted is also one of the least honest when it comes to abiding by those same laws.

In addition, as the Associated Press notes, many of these offending areas are also some of the nation’s wealthiest, including two California destinations, Beverly Hills and Newport Beach.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/irs-report-shows-where-nation-biggest-tax-cheaters-221703743.html

Anti Federalist
04-16-2013, 12:06 AM
That’s right, the same place where our national tax laws are crafted is also one of the least honest when it comes to abiding by those same laws.

Is a degree required to be a "journalist"?

I mean, honestly, I need a bunch of suits in a room with more degrees than a thermometer to tell me this?

Warrior_of_Freedom
04-16-2013, 01:11 AM
Tax cheaters? More like rape avoiders.