PDA

View Full Version : Rathdrum, Idaho

Origanalist
04-15-2013, 10:27 PM
Ok, so I'm looking for employment as close as I can get to Sand Point Idaho because I want to move somewhere near there. And I find a ad for my trade in craigslist in the Spokane listings from a outfit in Rathdrum Idaho.

So I google this town of 6,858 people and get a encyclopedia of stats and miscellaneous factiods about this place that pretty much blew me away.

Small town America, did you know you were so heavily scrutinized?

http://www.city-data.com/city/Rathdrum-Idaho.html

Ekrub
04-15-2013, 10:45 PM
Believe Rathdrum had the white supremacist group living in it a while back. Think some of them are still around, unfortunately. Coeur D'Alene is a beautiful city near sandpoint, and I love the whole area (eastern washington, northern idaho, and western montana). Lots to do if you like the outdoors. Where you moving from?

Orgoonian
04-15-2013, 10:59 PM
I love that area,beautiful!

Believe Rathdrum had the white supremacist group living in it a while back.
Why do you call them white"supremacist?"

Origanalist
04-15-2013, 11:00 PM
Believe Rathdrum had the white supremacist group living in it a while back. Think some of them are still around, unfortunately. Coeur D'Alene is a beautiful city near sandpoint, and I love the whole area (eastern washington, northern idaho, and western montana). Lots to do if you like the outdoors. Where you moving from?

Snohomish County in Washington. Coeur D'Alene is not where I want to live. Sand Point has Schweitzer Mountain, lots of greenery, a river and a huge amount of beautiful countryside and a lot of other plusses for my way of thinking. The people you are talking about were at Hayden Lake before the SPLC took them out..http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/news/idaho-community-celebrates-10th-anniversary-of-splcs-aryan-nations-victory

It's really not my thing, but yeah, there are some around. The freinds I have over there welcome any liberty-freedom minded people white, black, brown or pink polkadot.

Origanalist
04-15-2013, 11:02 PM
I love that area,beautiful!

Why do you call them white"supremacist?"

I believe the term was "seperatists".

Origanalist
04-15-2013, 11:17 PM
Anyhoo, my point is, who the hell is paying for this incredibly detailed breakdown of the demographics of small town 'merica?

Orgoonian
04-15-2013, 11:19 PM
I believe the term was "seperatists".

That term seems more fitting.The media,and the splc use the term supremacist to incite a negative reaction.

MRK
04-15-2013, 11:28 PM
Anyhoo, my point is, who the hell is paying for this incredibly detailed breakdown of the demographics of small town 'merica?

You can thank the Census for that.

Origanalist
04-15-2013, 11:37 PM
Correct language matters. There are hard core racists there, there is no denying. And plenty of people I won't be connected with, but I'm sure lots of folks feel the same about me.

Anytime someone suggests you should have freedom of association the howling begins. Me and mine are diametrically opposed to the shit they espoused, but they can do whatever they want as long as they leave the rest of us alone.