PDA

View Full Version : Paul vs. Laughlin - RP's campaign against Rep. Greg Laughlin (1996)

0zzy
11-24-2007, 10:56 PM
How a Former Libertarian Presidential Candidate Ousted a Congressional Switcher in a GOP Primary

A Year and a half ago, a seismic electoral shift gave Republicans control of both houses of Congress and promised a revolution in the operations and objectives of American government. Only six months ago, it appeared that Revolution was keeping apace, after seven Democratic members of Congress (all but one a southerner) had swollen the GOP majorities by switching parties.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m2519/is_n6_v17/ai_18535311

bbachtung
11-24-2007, 11:17 PM
I read that a few months back. It is pretty strong evidence that Ron Paul knows how to get elected.

noxagol
11-24-2007, 11:29 PM
Yeah, considering he has beat an incumbent THREE times, and has beaten people backed by the NRA and even people backed by the Republican party themselves when they decided Paul was not serving the party interests well enough. Sounds like a similar situation, where have I seen it before? Oh yeah..... NOW

Paulite5112007
11-24-2007, 11:47 PM
Yeah, considering he has beat an incumbent THREE times, and has beaten people backed by the NRA and even people backed by the Republican party themselves when they decided Paul was not serving the party interests well enough. Sounds like a similar situation, where have I seen it before? Oh yeah..... NOW

Not only the support of the NRA, but Speaker of the House, Newt Gingrich and then Governor of Texas, GWBush. All of this against Ron Paul in a district with hundreds of miles of coastline and his belief that flood victims should not get federal aid. Simply amazing.