PDA

View Full Version : Sir Richard Lugar of Indiana

itshappening
04-15-2013, 10:21 AM
Queen knights former Sen. Dick Lugar

You won’t be able to call him Sir Richard, but he’ll still be a knight.

Former Sen. Richard Lugar (R-Ind.) has been given the rank of a Knight Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire, or KBE, by the Queen Elizabeth II, his office announced Monday.

Lugar won’t carry the title “Sir” — that’s exclusive to subjects of the queen. Lugar joins former Sens. George Mitchell, Ted Kennedy and John Warner as senators-turned-knights. Kennedy and Mitchell received the honor for their work ending the conflict in Northern Ireland, and Warner for his work strengthening ties between the American and British militaries.

Lugar, who twice chaired the Senate Foreign Relations committee, was known for his support of NATO and work to eliminate weapons of mass destruction while in the Senate. He also studied in England as a Rhodes Scholar.

The British Ambassador to the United States will formally knight Lugar on April 16.

Other knighted Americans include Bob Hope, Bill Gates and former Presidents Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/04/dick-lugar-knighted-90074.html?hp=f3

MRK
04-15-2013, 10:26 AM
What a lot of people don't realize is that you can decline this 'honor'. Many respectable people throughout history have done so, with good reason.

Lugar however is a Fedcoat in every sense of the word, and licked the hair follicles off the hand that gave him this title.

HOLLYWOOD
04-15-2013, 10:54 AM
FEDCoat-REDCoat... I say give Richard Lugar his honorary "Career Wealthy Prostitute" title

I think it would be nice if organization/ would give the equivalent to the "Razzies Awards" for scumbag career politicians that have done; harm, lied, stolen, racketeered, conspired, and committed fraud.

Basically, saluting the worse that has occupied Washington DC.

itshappening
04-15-2013, 10:58 AM
FEDCoat-REDCoat... I say give Richard Lugar his honorary "Career Wealthy Prostitute" title

I think it would be nice if organization/ would give the equivalent to the "Razzies Awards" for scumbag career politicians that have done; harm, lied, stolen, racketeered, conspired, and committed fraud.

Basically, saluting the worse that has occupied Washington DC.

LOL Hollywood, that would be a very long list.

About 530 recipients a year.

seyferjm
04-15-2013, 10:59 AM
Richard Hammond>Richard Lugar

TaftFan
04-15-2013, 02:17 PM
I won't lie, I would accept being knighted. He isn't British though and can't be called a Sir.