PDA

View Full Version : Rudysreadinglist.com - SPREAD THE WORD! FIVE DAYS REMAINING!

Menthol Patch
11-24-2007, 10:32 PM
It is absolutely critical everyone spreads the word about the Nov. 30th money bomb at http://rudysreadinglist.com because we only have FIVE DAYS REMAINING!

The campaign has made it perfectly clear to us that if Ron Paul does not obtain a massive influx of funds ASAP to be used in the early primary states then he is probably going to LOSE THE NOMINATION! Do you realize what it means if he does not win? If he loses all we have to look forward to is a police state, an economic depression, the shredding of the constitution, and perpetual war!

I beg ALL OF YOU to please spread the word far and wide about the Nov. 30th money bomb! It is our LAST CHANCE to raise the funds Ron Paul needs to win the early primary states! If we don't win at least one of the early states our defeat is pretty much ASSURED!

If you have not done so already please sign up at http://rudysreadinglist.com today!

Menthol Patch
11-25-2007, 02:22 AM
We only have five days remaining to spread the word about the Nov. 30th money bomb. This is our last chance to raise funds for the early primary states.

Will you help in this effort?

austin356
11-25-2007, 02:22 AM
Just spread to over 300 people.

Menthol Patch
11-25-2007, 02:57 AM
That is awesome Austin!

TechnoGuyRob
11-25-2007, 02:59 AM
Don't forget to mention the greater importance of TeaParty07.com and to split their funds 70-30%.

Menthol Patch
11-25-2007, 03:02 AM
I'm not telling people how to split their funds. I'm just telling them they need to donate on the 30th and the Tea Party. The fact of the matter is that instead of splitting their funds people need to find ways to earn or save more money so they can donate MORE!

Menthol Patch
11-25-2007, 03:03 AM
Don't forget to mention the greater importance of TeaParty07.com and to split their funds 70-30%.

By the way, I don't think the Tea Party is more important.

If the campaign does not have the funds to win in the EARLY states I don't think that having 20 million for the later states would do us much good.

Menthol Patch
11-25-2007, 04:11 AM
bump

Eleanor
11-25-2007, 07:18 AM
By the way, I don't think the Tea Party is more important.

If the campaign does not have the funds to win in the EARLY states I don't think that having 20 million for the later states would do us much good.

As of an 11/13 CNN article, Mitt Romney's ads had aired more than 14,500 times. He had spent $10.2 million on TV advertising to that point.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/11/13/romney.ads/

How many times have RP's ads aired? How much money has he been able to spend on TV advertising?

In my opinion spending on TV ads in NH and Iowa is absolutely critical. If we don't win or come in second there we have very little chance of winning in later states. There is a very active Meetup group in my area and their efforts of the last several months - all the money, all the time given - will be totally useless if RP does not do very well in NH and Iowa.

The objective of the campaign is to win votes, not have publicity.

Something to think about.

AlexMerced
11-25-2007, 09:19 AM
I think everyone can live with the goal ofhitting the mil goal they need on the 30th and then hoarding till the 16th for one huge day.

SwordOfShannarah
11-25-2007, 10:15 AM
please see this thread for good links and info

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=41225

Original_Intent
11-25-2007, 10:18 AM
I think everyone can live with the goal ofhitting the mil goal they need on the 30th and then hoarding till the 16th for one huge day.

I'm happy with a million goal on the 30th. That's a nice infusion to help with the primaries and shouldn't impact the 16th much.

Original_Intent
11-25-2007, 10:21 AM
The campaign has made it perfectly clear to us that if Ron Paul does not obtain a massive influx of funds ASAP to be used in the early primary states then he is probably going to LOSE THE NOMINATION!

Flat out untrue. Do I need to keep bringing up full copies of the emails to expose your spin and half truths?

Do what you want.
Encourage people to do what you want.
Do not distort the truth to convince people.

LibertyEagle
11-25-2007, 10:28 AM
Thank you for saying that, Original_Intent.

Menthol Patch
11-26-2007, 06:32 AM
Lets all spread the word about the Nov. 30 money bomb!

Menthol Patch
11-26-2007, 08:18 AM
Have you told all your myspace friends about Rudysreadinglist?

Have you told all your co-workers about Rudysreadinglist?

Have you told all your family members about Rudysreadinglist?

LibertyEagle
11-26-2007, 08:21 AM
It is absolutely critical everyone spreads the word about the Nov. 30th money bomb at http://rudysreadinglist.com because we only have FIVE DAYS REMAINING!

The campaign has made it perfectly clear to us that if Ron Paul does not obtain a massive influx of funds ASAP to be used in the early primary states then he is probably going to LOSE THE NOMINATION! Do you realize what it means if he does not win? If he loses all we have to look forward to is a police state, an economic depression, the shredding of the constitution, and perpetual war!

I beg ALL OF YOU to please spread the word far and wide about the Nov. 30th money bomb! It is our LAST CHANCE to raise the funds Ron Paul needs to win the early primary states! If we don't win at least one of the early states our defeat is pretty much ASSURED!

If you have not done so already please sign up at http://rudysreadinglist.com today!

Please stop spreading mis-truths. Bydlak never said what you are crediting him with saying and you know it. Geez. :rolleyes:

KewlRonduderules
11-26-2007, 08:27 AM

This is such a fear mongering, fatalistic, misleading, and untrue post. I find it disturbing.

I realize people are passionate about this election but let's keep perspective. We already raised almost 9.2 mil- not including offline donations. Does this mean we need more money, of course. Is it a matter of life and death for this campaign- probably not. We will do just fine.

Creating posts like this, makes us seem like conspiracy theorists, wackos in the eyes of others, and 'fringe'. We want to invite people to come in here- NOT scare them away!

I question as to the reason why the post is stated the way it is.

Moreover, isn't there a section for this now in the sub-forums.

Menthol Patch
11-26-2007, 08:31 AM
I'm not spreading mistruths. You can't understand what we have been told.

This is what he said,

"If we were to raise the entire $12 million in the last week of December, we would meet our fundraising goal for the quarter. But Ron Paul would stand little chance of winning the Republican nomination, because that money would have come in too late."

What do you think that means? Can you even read?

If raising 12 million in the last week of the quarter would result in Ron Paul having LITTLE chance of winning what do you think his chance will be if we don't raise a lot of money right now?

What he is trying to tell us is that if we want Ron Paul to WIN we need to raise a lot of money RIGHT NOW! It's crystal clear!

Basically, what he is saying is that a TON of money being raised later on won't mean diddly! The money needs to be raised EARLY! He went on the say the following....

"Time is of the essence. You see, we need to raise money well before we plan to spend it. That's because most of the expenditures that we make need to be paid for weeks in advance. For example, we need to buy crucial airtime for the end of December right now."

Can you read the above paragraph? Can you?! He said they need to be crucial airtime immediately! Not on Dec. 16th and not even on Dec. 30th! He needed the funds to buy critical airtime DAYS AGO!

I'm simply stunned that you can't understand what he is communicating simply and plainly.

Menthol Patch
11-26-2007, 08:34 AM
This is such a fear mongering, fatalistic, misleading, and untrue post. I find it disturbing.

I realize people are passionate about this election but let's keep perspective. We already raised almost 9.2 mil- not including offline donations. Does this mean we need more money, of course. Is it a matter of life and death for this campaign- probably not. We will do just fine.

Creating posts like this, makes us seem like conspiracy theorists, wackos in the eyes of others, and 'fringe'. We want to invite people to come in here- NOT scare them away!

I question as to the reason why the post is stated the way it is.

Moreover, isn't there a section for this now in the sub-forums.

First of all, 9.2 million is NOT nearly enough. If it had been anywhere near enough he would not have sent such an urgent email!

Second of all, everything I have said is the truth. If you read his email you will see that he was communicating they need massive new funds NOW! Why else would he say (considering all the funds they already had) that even if they raised 12 million dollars in the last week of December that Ron Paul would have little chance of winning?!

The fact of the matter is that the campaign needs massive funds and they need them ASAP if Ron Paul is going to win.

terlinguatx
11-26-2007, 08:38 AM

KewlRonduderules
11-26-2007, 08:39 AM
Yeah, he said If we were to raise the entire $12 million in the last week of December. Anything before that is not the last week- neither is November 30th & December 16th.

Time is essential but not life and death of this campaign. We will raise the money- I can guarantee it.

So this campaign is not going to die or lose steam or anything else.

Your initial post suggests a flare of hysteria with such words- losing, defeat, police state, perpetual war, etc.

Calm down. We want to invite people here not scare them away. Most are unaware of such issues.

Menthol Patch
11-26-2007, 08:41 AM
Don't you realize the best way to make the Tea Party successful is to support the Nov. 30 money bomb? If we can raise 12 million dollars AN ENTIRE MONTH EARLY then that will gain us massive publicity! The news people will be talking about the upcoming Tea Party constantly!

The fact of the matter is that the one reason why we don't have more supporters (especially among those that are not as active online) is because the media pundits on TV don't talk about Ron Paul!

For every time they talk about Ron Paul they talk about each of the other candidates a HUNDRED or more times!

If we can get another splash of publicity it will setup the Tea Party for an even larger SUCCESS!

KewlRonduderules
11-26-2007, 08:45 AM
Don't you realize the best way to make the Tea Party successful is to support the Nov. 30 money bomb? If we can raise 12 million dollars AN ENTIRE MONTH EARLY then that will gain us massive publicity! The news people will be talking about the upcoming Tea Party constantly!

The fact of the matter is that the one reason why we don't have more supporters (especially among those that are not as active online) is because the media pundits on TV don't talk about Ron Paul!

For every time they talk about Ron Paul they talk about each of the other candidates a HUNDRED or more times!

If we can get another splash of publicity it will setup the Tea Party for an even larger SUCCESS!

And I agree with you but creating posts that signal alarms especially false ones does not really help our cause.

Might I recommend tone it down a bit. Let people know the urgency but not make sound so fatalistic. Get ride of the police state, perpetual war stuff. Most people are clueless about that. They will see that any say to themselves- "what the !@#$%!!!!?" This will only confirm to them what the media suggests.

Menthol Patch
11-26-2007, 08:47 AM
Yeah, he said If we were to raise the entire $12 million in the last week of December. Anything before that is not the last week- neither is November 30th & December 16th.

Time is essential but not life and death of this campaign. We will raise the money- I can guarantee it.

So this campaign is not going to die or lose steam or anything else.

Your initial post suggests a flare of hysteria with such words- losing, defeat, police state, perpetual war, etc.

Calm down. We want to invite people here not scare them away. Most are unaware of such issues.

Read this quote from his letter.

"Fact is, we only have about two weeks to raise money for the early primaries. If you wait a month from now to donate, your money will only be spent after Iowa caucus-goers and New Hampshire primary voters have made up their minds."

Can you read the above? If we don't raise him a bunch of money by Nov. 30th it's going to be TOO LATE for the money to be used to win the early primary states!

The fact is that we should all be hysterical! That's right, we should be TERRIFIED of what's going to happen if Ron Paul does not get nominated! Are you just ignoring the fact the media is getting by with calling a candidate a terrorist without even a slap on the wrist? Are you ignoring the dollar crashing? What about the insane debt that is piling up beyond 10 trillion dollars? What do you think about the new "Home Grown Terrorism" bill that is in the senate?

If Ron Paul does not win the nomination our nation is SCREWED.

KewlRonduderules
11-26-2007, 08:49 AM
With post like yours, I question your motives.

We'll be fine. You'll see.

I'm done here.

Menthol Patch
11-26-2007, 08:52 AM

I'm done here.

What the heck are you trying to say?

What motives are you trying to question?

Please, bring it out! Please do so!

I'm simply trying to face reality. The fact is that the campaign finance guy for the Ron Paul campaign gave us a REALITY CHECK that people did not want to hear! He is telling us that they need money early, they are spending money rapidly, and they needed money to buy ads for the early primary states SEVERAL DAYS ago!

Menthol Patch
11-26-2007, 09:00 AM

I'm done here.

Oh, I get it now. You don't like us telling people the same truth that Ron Paul tells people. You want us to sugar coat the message!

The facts are....

1) This nation is piling on debt like crazy. I think it's almost up to 10 trillion dollars. We are going to go BANKRUPT. Related to this is the fact that they print money and borrow money like crazy. That is increasing inflation. Combine the above with the higher oil prices that are hurting the economy (about 20 dollars of the oil price only exists due to the fear mongering of our leaders) and we are headed towards an economic depression!

2) There are Republicans and Democrats pushing for the USA to be abolished and replaced with the North American Union. Ron Paul speaks out about this. I'm willing to as well!

3) Face reality. We are headed towards a total police state. Our rights are violated more and more each day! We already have TV hosts stating that the military should be used against us! Additionally, I guess you have not read about the H.R. 1955: Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act of 2007! It is the first step towards an official thought police unit!

4) Hardly none of the Republicans and Democrats are willing to push for our troops to come home. There are a few democrats and Ron Paul, but that is all. The fact is that we are going to end up staying in Iraq forever and attacking Iran unless Ron Paul is elected!

We all need to be terrified of what is ahead if Ron Paul is not elected.

Politeia
11-26-2007, 09:31 AM
"Menthol Patch", are you some kind of a plant? It's obvious you're trying to torpedo the Ron Paul Campaign, by damping down enthusiasm. Your "goal" is fatally small. The truth is,

THE RON PAUL CAMPAIGN NEEDS $100 MILLION BY TOMORROW OR RON PAUL WILL LOSE, AND WE WILL ALL DIE!!!!

Do you have a house? SELL IT! Do you have a car? SELL IT! Can you go into debt? Can you rob a bank? DO IT!

If you, yourself, don't go completely insane this moment and personally contribute every cent you can possibly collect by liquidating every asset you own (remember, your body is worth a few dollars for the chemicals it contains), Ron Paul will lose AND IT WILL BE YOUR FAULT!!! YOU, PERSONALLY!!!!!!!!!

[/hysteria]

Actually, I'm pleased to see this idea not gaining much traction. As I've said, so long as it remains a private push among members of this forum -- who presumably will have been aware of all the discussion here, and some of whom apparently are flush enough to donate every time anyone calls for more donations -- it's not a bad idea. But publicizing it to Meetup Groups or other rank-and-file Paul supporters is very counterproductive. They can only wonder, "Wha? I thought I was supposed to donate on December 16? I can't afford to donate every day of the week. Can't these guys get their act together and tell me what they want me to do?"

As I've also said, I think the email that sparked all this was a mistake; cooler heads should have prevailed before it was sent out, and I'm very sorry that cooler heads did not prevail here in how the community responded to it.

Contrary to your hysteria, every dollar that this November 30 push siphons away from December 16 puts the latter in jeopardy of fizzling. If December 16 is not massively bigger than November 5, it will be a dud. Even if the campaign does end up with as much money as it would have had on December 17, only divided between two dates instead of all at once, a fizzled December 16 will be disastrous for the grassroots effort. The "moneybomb" idea will be dead in the water. And the credibility and momentum of the grassroots campaign -- which, let's be honest, so far has been the campaign -- will be seriously damaged. Perhaps not fatally, but pretty bad nonetheless.

The truth is, no amount of money will be enough if America is not ready for Ron Paul and what he represents. Five months ago -- after 25 years of trying to spread the word with next to no success at all -- I would have found the idea of a Ron Paul presidency preposterous. Now, suddenly, it looks like there may be a chance.

It wasn't all the money collected and advertising done by the campaign in the first few months that accomplished this. It was the fact that, amazingly, suddenly there seems to be a significant number of Americans who are interested in real Liberty. When people want something, they will find it. But no amount of persuasion will interest them until they actually want it.

Certainly the campaign can use all the money we can get to it to advertise and spread the word about Ron Paul. The campaign asked us for $12 million in the quarter -- which many saw as an unwisely high goal, likely to lead to embarrassment -- and they're getting it -- already ahead of schedule. This "$12 million collected only in the last week" business is poppycock, the high point of the stupidity in the infamous email.

And we in the grassroots set a date of December 16 for the next big "moneybomb", and broadcast that date to all the world. If December 16 fizzles, it will be a huge embarrassment for us, and we will have only ourselves to blame.

Both the campaign and the grassroots should stick to what we said we would do, not hysterically change course with every random fear meme that passes through our pointy little heads. That, I believe, is What Ron Paul Would Do. Show a little maturity.

terlinguatx
11-26-2007, 09:35 AM

Politeia
11-26-2007, 09:58 AM
I'll see if I can donate $25 actually, just checked out the site and it ain't so bad, but I can't afford $100 on this day.

On the other hand, you might want to save all you can for December 16, to make up for whatever damage November 30 does. Yeah, it's not a bad hook, but doing it now is really stupid.

For my part, I may not donate at all on December 16, if it looks like it'll be a dud. Why invest in a failure? If it does flop -- which as I said will be the end of the "moneybomb" as a method -- then maybe someone will come up with another neat, fun money raising idea, and I'll join that.

The damage this fiasco has already done to both the campaign and the grassroots is the real problem, not a few dollars more or less on November 30.

Menthol Patch
11-28-2007, 03:55 AM
We only have 2 days remaining! Spread the word about Rudys Reading List!