PDA

View Full Version : The Maine Hermit charged with more crimes for his own protection

devil21
04-15-2013, 03:55 AM
http://www.wbtv.com/story/21976265/authorities-maine-hermit-attracts-marriage-offer

Worried Knight could be the target of someone looking to capitalize on his notoriety, authorities charged him with two additional counts of burglary and theft and increased his bail to $250,000.

"My job is to ensure he does appear in court," Maine State Trooper Diane Perkins-Vance told the newspaper. "But there's a lot of people out there trying to exploit him."

30 years in the woods and for his own "protection" he needs gov't looking out for him and protecting him with more criminal charges just so no one takes advantage of him. Sounds like he's very good at not being taken advantage of already.

phill4paul
04-15-2013, 05:22 AM
"The first concern is he might be a flight risk," she said. "The second concern is the group of people who are interested in posting bail for Mr. Knight who are not from our state and not members of his family

Funny, if there is concern about this one would think they would have a law against it. They allow bail bondsman do they not?

paulbot24
04-15-2013, 05:57 AM
The government has pushed him out of the woods and into a public cage, surrounded by hundreds of cameras, and a bunch of LEOs going "Gosh. Weird huh?" Their reason? "We don't want this poor man exploited!" You really can not make this shit up. I don't know anybody that creative.

tod evans
04-15-2013, 06:27 AM
I expect one of two things to happen to this guy;

1) He'll be involuntarily committed.

2) He'll mysteriously "suicide"..

Anti Federalist
04-15-2013, 07:22 AM
I expect one of two things to happen to this guy;

1) He'll be involuntarily committed.

2) He'll mysteriously "suicide"..

Silence, Comrade Citizen.

Anti Federalist
04-15-2013, 07:32 AM
Worried Knight could be the target of someone looking to capitalize on his notoriety, authorities charged him with two additional counts of burglary and theft and increased his bail to $250,000

He's charged with, what again?

Stealing food and supplies from cabins and whatnot?

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Free Country.

http://i.imgur.com/3X9Brk1.gif