PDA

View Full Version : What do you think? In a Rand Paul Presidency - where would Ron Paul fit in?

Boss
04-14-2013, 08:08 PM
Curious... if Rand is sworn into office in early 2017... in what *official* capacity do you think he will utilize his father?

Chairman of the Fed? :D

WhistlinDave
04-14-2013, 08:09 PM
Secretary of Ending Bullshit

thoughtomator
04-14-2013, 08:11 PM
Ron Paul would be excellent for a number of Cabinet positions - State and Treasury are the first to come to mind. Most of the other cabinet positions need to be dissolved anyway - FedGov doesn't need much more than State, Treasury, and Defense to operate effectively within the boundaries of the Constitution.

rp08orbust
04-14-2013, 08:14 PM
I don't see Ron Paul wanting any official position.

T.hill
04-14-2013, 08:22 PM
I don't see Ron Paul wanting any official position.

He would probably keep his position as unofficial senior advisor

T.hill
04-14-2013, 08:23 PM
In any case Ron Paul would have an active role in a Rand Paul presidency, as he already is a powerful voice in influencing Rand right now.

RonPaulFanInGA
04-14-2013, 08:26 PM
I doubt he'd have, or want, any official position, but I'm sure Ron Paul would be there giving needed advice to Rand Paul.

Anyone who loves Ron Paul but suspects Rand Paul: who else is going to give Ron Paul such a place in the White House?

Origanalist
04-14-2013, 08:27 PM
He would have the "hey Dad, what do you think of this?" position.

Christian Liberty
04-14-2013, 08:37 PM
I doubt he'd have, or want, any official position, but I'm sure Ron Paul would be there giving needed advice to Rand Paul.

Anyone who loves Ron Paul but suspects Rand Paul: who else is going to give Ron Paul such a place in the White House?

I actually wonder if Rand Paul would cause Ron Paul to disappoint me, I don't see him directly condemning his son on anything. That's just not how he is...

Granted, I do like Rand Paul, he's better than anyone else who has a chance by a longshot, he's just not the ideological purist that his dad was. And he's wrong on several key issues.

DonovanJames
04-14-2013, 08:39 PM

Roflcopter.

The Northbreather
04-14-2013, 08:40 PM
Senior advisor of everything.

Secretary of THE WISDOM OF THE OLD MAN.

Director of Dismantling Political Power Through Informing The Population.

Mr.NoSmile
04-14-2013, 09:09 PM
One step at a time, folks. With things like GOP Chairmen favorable to us being ousted, the power grab rules still in effect, wishful thinking should be making sure there's enough strength in numbers at the state level.

TaftFan
04-14-2013, 09:14 PM
Senior Advisor.

Others are more qualified for cabinet jobs, and no one is more deserving of rest than Ron Paul.

Paulistinian
04-14-2013, 09:14 PM
I personally would like to see Rand move his elderly parents into the White House with he and his wife & children. I'm sure the Pauls are that kind of family (remember when Ron and Rand shared an apartment in DC?). I especially love it because Ron would get to live in the White House, something Romney, Giuliani and McCain never will be able to do...

supermario21
04-14-2013, 09:18 PM
"From the west wing, this is another edition of Texas Straight Talk."

JK/SEA
04-14-2013, 09:20 PM
yep.....advisor.

MRK
04-14-2013, 09:31 PM
Roflcopter.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/73/Roflcopter.gif

You gotta hand it to Paul, the man has done quite a duty to his country already.

economics102
04-14-2013, 10:47 PM

Winner.

jbauer
04-15-2013, 09:37 AM
happy father? I don't see Ron getting into an official role in politics anymore.

jbauer
04-15-2013, 09:39 AM
I personally would like to see Rand move his elderly parents into the White House with he and his wife & children. I'm sure the Pauls are that kind of family (remember when Ron and Rand shared an apartment in DC?). I especially love it because Ron would get to live in the White House, something Romney, Giuliani and McCain never will be able to do...

Move him in? Hell the entire Paul family gets government paid for trips to Hollywood, the Oscars, basket ball games, golf outings, Mexican spring breaks and anything else they can think of.

Tunink
04-15-2013, 09:40 AM
The position of retirement and knowing with pride that he did everything he could do to change this country for the better.

dancjm
04-15-2013, 12:37 PM
Regardless of Rand getting the Presidency, I wonder where Ron Paul's statue will go when people realize his rightful place in history?

Now, THAT would be a Statue of Liberty. :D

Bastiat's The Law
04-15-2013, 01:24 PM
Regardless of Rand getting the Presidency, I wonder where Ron Paul's statue will go when people realize his rightful place in history?

Now, THAT would be a Statue of Liberty. :D

I'm not big on idols. How about an institution of higher learning or a charity hospital in his honor instead?

eleganz
04-15-2013, 04:49 PM
Ron would probably be home in Texas most of the time with Carol and the family while continuing his college/speaking tours and occasionally visiting Rand in the white house, I'm sure.

If Rand gets in the white house, he's going to have to surround himself with good people and not compromise on certain staff/cabinet positions.

VoteRandPaul2016
04-15-2013, 05:03 PM
Secretary of Defense or FED chairman.

FriedChicken
04-15-2013, 05:37 PM
I believe Ron will take the position of Proud Father. The greatest thing to see is the respect he would have to be given and surely the media would scramble to get an interview and his books would get even more reads.

I've never really thought about it before - but one of the greater services of a Rand Paul presidency would be keeping the elderly Paul relevant to the majority of the public. More of his old speeches might be heard for example.
I think it might make Ron even more influential than he's been in the past in the role of public educator.