PDA

View Full Version : Gov. LePage invites gun manufacturers to Maine

itshappening
04-14-2013, 04:48 PM
Maine Governor Paul LePage in a WSJ Op-Ed:

Beretta, Colt, Magpul and any others: In Maine you will find air, rail and seaports that can carry your exceptional products across the country and across the globe. You will find hardworking Mainers, and you will find a governor who is ready to provide incentives and guarantees that will make it attractive for you to set up shop in our state.

I will never sign anti-gun legislation that erodes the rights of Maine citizens, drives your business away or infringes on the U.S. Constitution or the State of Maine Constitution.

Come to where you are welcome and where you will be appreciated. Come to Maine. I'll even throw in some lobster.

:D

Anti Federalist
04-14-2013, 07:14 PM
Well, good for him!

Keith and stuff
04-14-2013, 07:25 PM
Lol. That's both ironic and hilarious :) Of course, he is best known for saving crazy things. Why stop now?

Though actually, now that it looks like 2 liberal might challenge him in 2014, there is a chance he will get reelected. Maine certainly has been than average gun laws. Better than plenty of Southern states, but that isn't saying much...

Anti Federalist
04-14-2013, 07:35 PM
Lol. That's both ironic and hilarious :) Of course, he is best known for saving crazy things. Why stop now?

Though actually, now that it looks like 2 liberal might challenge him in 2014, there is a chance he will get reelected. Maine certainly has been than average gun laws. Better than plenty of Southern states, but that isn't saying much...

Crazy things?

Yah, I'd love to see that idiot over in Concord, Hassan, say something "crazy" like that.

Keith and stuff
04-14-2013, 07:49 PM
Crazy things?

Yah, I'd love to see that idiot over in Concord, Hassan, say something "crazy" like that.

NH has had crazy talking governors in the past. In fact, the governor that made Axe the Tax and the tax pledge, among other things, is from New Hampshire. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meldrim_Thomson,_Jr.

His son, the Americans for Prosperity New Hampshire Honorary Chairman is still highly active. I remember watching him testify at the gas tax increase hearing. Gov. Hassan is trying to increase corporate income tax collections in NH by making a procedural move. Gov. LePage is trying to increase person income tax collections in ME by making a procedural move... LePage says a lot of funny things but he isn't without issue.

Don't get me wrong, Hassan isn't a good governor. However, if Democrat governors are going to continue to lie when they campaign and run to the right (fiscally) of the average Republican governor in the US, we are going to continue to have Democratic governors in NH :(