PDA

View Full Version : Corker and Graham demand 'more revenue'

itshappening
04-14-2013, 06:43 AM
These two are absolute joke. They're calling for 'more revenue'. The Federal government will collect a record amount of taxes this year. Sucking more revenue out of the productive would be a disaster for the economy.

-
South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham, who is part of the immigration gang, is one Republican who has said openly he’s willing to approve more revenues if they come with entitlement cuts.

“I think $600 billion in revenue is possible on our side if you get meaningful entitlement reform,” Graham said. “The president embracing meaningful entitlement reform and selling it to the Democratic Party [is needed].”

As for joining another gang, Graham said he’s willing to try anything that could produce solutions.

“Whatever gets us there,” Graham said. “I know it’s working in immigration.”

Tennessee Sen. Bob Corker doesn’t think a budget gang can get the job done.

“I don’t think that’s probably the model for this,” he said.

But Corker is one of a handful of Republicans who publicly approve adding more revenue. He is also critical of the budget tactics of both Republicans and Democrats, and thinks a comprehensive approach is needed for a grand bargain.

“It’s going to take significant entitlement reform,” Corker said. “The House, the Senate and the president, none have offered the real things that we need to do to solve this fiscal problem. And it’s just none of them are serious in that regard.

“And that includes the House, the Senate and the president. What I hope is going to happen over the next few months is we’ll move into a realistic discussion about entitlement. And y
ou know, 75-year actuarial soundness. … I think if we move toward that, the other pieces will fall into place.”
-

Dean Heller who is an extreme disappointment wants Boehner to cut a deal. Whatever's good for Boehner is good for Dean Heller he says.

-
“I would love to see the speaker and the president just sit down and cut a deal like [former President Ronald] Reagan and Tip O’Neill did in the past,” said Sen. Dean Heller (R-Nev.), a moderate who could play a role in striking a grand bargain. “Sit down, cut a deal. If it’s good enough for the speaker, it’s good enough for me. If it’s good enough for the president, it’s good enough for Democrats.”
-

SOURCE:
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/04/a-bipartisan-deficit-gang-is-brewing-in-senate-89980.html

leverguy
04-14-2013, 07:16 AM
"adding more revenue" = more and/or higher taxes

Squeeze, baby, squeeze... (http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig/neill2.html)

itshappening
04-14-2013, 07:44 AM
Of course POLITICO are salivating at the prospect of some sort of "deal" on the budget. They call it a "grand bargain" which is sure to cement Obama's legacy for decades to come!

I say: No deal. Shut it down Boehner. The sooner the better.

The only way you get Obama and the Democrats to the table and to agree to actual cuts is to shut down their precious Federal government.

But Boehner thinks his job is to be complicit in all this.

thoughtomator
04-14-2013, 08:08 AM
Did everyone see the news last week about how government (fed, state, local) alone spends more than the entire income of the whole population? Without the additional debt accumulation everyone would starve at this level of government spending.

roho76
04-14-2013, 09:30 AM
Do those entitlement cuts include the MIC? I didn't think so Lindsey.

itshappening
04-14-2013, 09:31 AM
Did everyone see the news last week about how government (fed, state, local) alone spends more than the entire income of the whole population? Without the additional debt accumulation everyone would starve at this level of government spending.

They will starve when the EBT cards dont work :(

Honestly don't know what's going to happen... maybe get the WFP to deliver grains of rice?

torchbearer
04-14-2013, 09:55 AM
dude really is psycho.