PDA

View Full Version : 4th Quarters totals reported after Iowa and NH?

LastoftheMohicans
11-24-2007, 10:06 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 4th quarter fundraising totals are due in to the FCC until Jan. 15th. This is well after the Iowa Caucuses and NH and SC primaries. How will the campaign capitalize on what will probably be a top three in Q4 fundraising after the fact?

Ron Paul Fan
11-24-2007, 10:10 PM
Word will come out from the campaigns a few days after the 1st of the year. That's what has happened the previous quarters. It might not get out before Iowa, but there should be some good coverage on Paul finishing 1st in fundraising before New Hampshire!

stevedasbach
11-24-2007, 10:12 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 4th quarter fundraising totals are due in to the FCC until Jan. 15th. This is well after the Iowa Caucuses and NH and SC primaries. How will the campaign capitalize on what will probably be a top three in Q4 fundraising after the fact?

All the campaigns will be pressured by the media to release their numbers ASAP after Jan 1st.

kylejack
11-24-2007, 10:14 PM
We don't have to worry about that, because we report our numbers in real time. How do you think we got that huge media blast?

Perry
11-24-2007, 10:22 PM
It doesn't matter. After the 16th we'll be looking at damned near 20 million. Others will follow suit and fall short. Rudy & Mitt might come close or pass Paul but Mitt will never do it without giving himself another 7 million. As far as fundraising goes in the Republican party we are already the winners with more headlines to follow..

Benaiah
11-24-2007, 10:22 PM
I'm sure that Paul's campaign will release numbers before voters hit the booth.

voisine
11-24-2007, 11:08 PM
RP is likely to raise 2 to 3 times what the others raise this quarter. It won't even be close. Traditionally the 4th quarter is worse than the 3rd. Most of their corporate donors are already maxed out.

kylejack
11-24-2007, 11:13 PM
After we pass Rudy's Q3, I don't think anyone will really expect the others to beat us. We know Romney will continue to have unlimited money.

LibertyEagle
11-24-2007, 11:18 PM
It doesn't matter. After the 16th we'll be looking at damned near 20 million. Others will follow suit and fall short. Rudy & Mitt might come close or pass Paul but Mitt will never do it without giving himself another 7 million. As far as fundraising goes in the Republican party we are already the winners with more headlines to follow..

We're not going to get that, unless we get back to promoting The Tea Party.

kylejack
11-24-2007, 11:36 PM
I'm kinda expecting the new money bomb to be similar to the 4.3 million again. We don't have nearly as many signups as I thought we would by this point.

Ron Paul Fan
11-24-2007, 11:41 PM
Still 3 weeks to go my friend. I expect us to at least break the record of $6 million that Hillary set. Most people were guessing $1-2 million for November 5th and it shocked nearly everybody so maybe the same will happen on December 16th.

Freedom
11-25-2007, 12:24 AM
Still 3 weeks to go my friend. I expect us to at least break the record of $6 million that Hillary set. Most people were guessing $1-2 million for November 5th and it shocked nearly everybody so maybe the same will happen on December 16th.

I agree with you and I want to correct one fact in your statement. The one-day fund raising record is $5.7 million held by John Kerry on the last day of the 2004 primary season when he received money from Democrat supporters as they lined up behind him after his nomination was confirmed.

Hillary claims that she raised $6.1 million in a single day, but FEC reports show that this money was raised over a one week period.

Benaiah
11-25-2007, 12:32 AM
Yes but unless we smash 6.1 million the media will report Hillary as the biggest.

We need to top 7 million so that they can't twist any numbers to deny us the title of most money raised in a single day.

sharedvoice
11-25-2007, 12:39 AM
Q4 Ends Dec 31.

http://www.fec.gov/pages/report_notices/2007/prezye_07.shtml

ronpaulyourmom
11-25-2007, 04:02 AM

Easy answer, raise so much money on the 16th that our fundraising prowess gets reported weeks before IA/NH when voters are still deciding.

philgest
11-25-2007, 04:10 AM
We need to raise as MUCH as possible between now and 16 December, and on the 16th, go all out and raise as much as we can....and continue until the of the quarter...just think, the more we raise, the larger check Romney will have to write to himself on 31 December...