PDA

View Full Version : FASCISM: Mark Levin says a powerful Republican Congressman trying to silence his show

TaftFan
04-13-2013, 02:53 PM
http://www.therightscoop.com/fascism-mark-levin-says-a-powerful-republican-congressman-trying-to-silence-his-show-in-their-district/

erowe1
04-13-2013, 03:01 PM
He gives this unnamed Republican Congressman a warning below noting that if they succeed in getting him silenced, he will expose them:

Why not expose them now? Isn't this the kind of thing journalists should expose?

TaftFan
04-13-2013, 03:03 PM
Why not expose them now? Isn't this the kind of thing journalists should expose?

He is probably using the threat as leverage to get him to stop.

FSP-Rebel
04-13-2013, 03:05 PM
We've seen the treatment that Levin can give a la Ron. I pity this fool that's trying to start a war with Levin because he'll be toast. burnt

FSP-Rebel
04-13-2013, 03:07 PM
I'm guessing this is King from NY. Any other guesses?

TaftFan
04-13-2013, 03:10 PM

Good guess. Boehner is another.

anaconda
04-13-2013, 03:11 PM
http://www.therightscoop.com/fascism-mark-levin-says-a-powerful-republican-congressman-trying-to-silence-his-show-in-their-district/

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?339354-Take-The-No-Levin-Challenge&highlight=take+the+no+levin

erowe1
04-13-2013, 03:13 PM
He is probably using the threat as leverage to get him to stop.

That's what he's acting like. It seems to me that exposing him would make him stop.

itshappening
04-13-2013, 03:37 PM
very interesting.

itshappening
04-13-2013, 03:40 PM
He said "you may feel like you can kick people off committee's... "

That's a reference to the Amash purge.

The only congressmen who can kick you off a committee are in the steering group/leadership.

So it's Boehner, Cantor or McCarthy or someone else on the steering committee... there's 30 members i think. They run the show... most chairman are on it, leadership etc.

jj-
04-13-2013, 03:42 PM
I suggest changing the title to Fascist Mark Levin.

DGambler
04-13-2013, 03:47 PM
Didn't Levin use his show to help silence any liberty candidates?

itshappening
04-13-2013, 03:48 PM
Didn't Levin use his show to help silence any liberty candidates?

He's calmed down a bit now. He's had Rand on a few times.

itshappening
04-13-2013, 03:49 PM
I suggest changing the title to Fascist Mark Levin.

He is a bit of one isnt he? I'm sure he wouldnt object to national service etc.

itshappening
04-13-2013, 03:58 PM
Mark Levin just posted this on facebook:

-
The criminal front group, Media Matters
by Mark Levin (Notes) on Saturday, April 13, 2013 at 2:33pm

On a fairly regular basis, the criminal front group, Media Matters, funded by the likes of George Soros, takes my publicly stated comments from my radio broadcast, recasts them out of context, and then posts them on its own website, hoping to attract the attention of mainstream media outlets and left-wing bloggers, who in turn, they hope further, repeat them. This is one recent example: http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/04/11/3-bizarre-conservative-reactions-to-the-backgro/193585

If you want to hear what I actually say you can listen to my show on numerous media platforms (radio, satellite, internet, apps). You can even listen to them up to two years later through the genius of modern technology. You do not need to have them contorted by a radical left-wing hate group with a diabolical agenda. I have no idea how this group retains its tax-exempt, non-partisan, charitable status.
-

kathy88
04-13-2013, 04:07 PM

He denies it's Boner.

Neil Desmond
04-13-2013, 04:13 PM
It would be kind of ironic if the liberty movement ended up putting its support behind Mark Levin, the neocrank. LOL!

speciallyblend
04-13-2013, 04:23 PM
levin needs to stfu. Levin is a Fascist he should f'in know. edit i just read comments here. I see everyone is thinking the samething.

kathy88
04-13-2013, 04:39 PM
levin needs to stfu. Levin is a Fascist he should f'in know. edit i just read comments here. I see everyone is thinking the samething.

Not everyone.

FSP-Rebel
04-13-2013, 04:46 PM
It would be kind of ironic if the liberty movement ended up putting its support behind Mark Levin, the neocrank. LOL!
Jerry Doyle had an explosion recently in terms of talk radio ranking and is now in the top 10 nationwide and I would say he's our ace so far. The good I see in Levin is that he's in his own unique battle with establishment republicans for his own reasoning and I think it's helpful as I detest these same people too. That said, the second he starts RuPauling Rand my fangs will come out.

speciallyblend
04-13-2013, 04:47 PM
Not everyone.

well the ones that do not think levin is a fascist are blind.

itshappening
04-13-2013, 04:53 PM
Jerry Doyle had an explosion recently in terms of talk radio ranking and is now in the top 10 nationwide and I would say he's our ace so far. The good I see in Levin is that he's in his own unique battle with establishment republicans for his own reasoning and I think it's helpful as I detest these same people too. That said, the second he starts RuPauling Rand my fangs will come out.

I doubt he will. He's learned his lesson.

We'll see.

I think he's a big fan of Rubio.

erowe1
04-13-2013, 05:00 PM
I doubt he will. He's learned his lesson.

We'll see.

I think he's a big fan of Rubio.

If there's a threat of Rand actually becoming the nominee, Levin will do everything he can to stop it.

itshappening
04-13-2013, 05:07 PM
If there's a threat of Rand actually becoming the nominee, Levin will do everything he can to stop it.

That would be futile and piss off a lot of his audience.

He ain't going to change anyone's vote in Iowa or NH. We win whether they like it or not and if they want to whine about it rather than cover it properly then that's their mistake.

They don't have some mythical power dripping from the microphone. Their influence is limited.#

So how is he going to stop it?

kathy88
04-13-2013, 05:12 PM

He ain't going to change anyone's vote in Iowa or NH. We win whether they like it or not and if they want to whine about it rather than cover it properly then that's their mistake.

They don't have some mythical power dripping from the microphone. Their influence is limited.#

I don't know why you keep repeating this over and over ad infinitum ad nauseum? There are many people out there that take what these guys say as the final word. They absolutely influence voters.

erowe1
04-13-2013, 05:13 PM

I don't know if he will succeed, but he'll try. He definitely did to Ron. And I would say, in that case, did succeed.

itshappening
04-13-2013, 05:17 PM
Ron did amazing in Iowa and got 20% of the vote and 2nd in NH. He didn't turn anyone away from Ron with his pathetic rants. That was pretty much his ceiling.

Rand's ceiling is going to be far higher. He won't be able to do a damn thing.

itshappening
04-13-2013, 05:18 PM
I don't know why you keep repeating this over and over ad infinitum ad nauseum? There are many people out there that take what these guys say as the final word. They absolutely influence voters.

These people are not in Iowa and NH. They're irrelevant.

Well, maybe some of them are but his listeners in those states are not enough to affect a presidential primary.

erowe1
04-13-2013, 05:20 PM
Ron did amazing in Iowa and got 20% of the vote and 2nd in NH. He didn't turn anyone away from Ron with his pathetic rants. That was pretty much his ceiling.

Rand's ceiling is going to be far higher. He won't be able to do a damn thing.

I don't think that was Ron's ceiling. And I definitely think the media made a difference. Not so much Levin himself, but he played his role. And he'll do it again.

itshappening
04-13-2013, 05:22 PM
I don't think that was Ron's ceiling. And I definitely think the media made a difference. Not so much Levin himself, but he played his role. And he'll do it again.

It pretty much was his ceiling. His favorables in every poll were dire. GOP voters did not like Ron. He did well to get a quarter of votes in the early states.

Rand's favorables are the highest of any GOPer in the nation!

That means he can easily get the 35-40% he needs to win them . In fact it could be a blow out.

What's he going to "do"? Rant about Rand Paul? It will make no difference. At all.

erowe1
04-13-2013, 05:26 PM
It pretty much was his ceiling. His favorables in every poll were dire. GOP voters did not like Ron. He did well to get a quarter of votes in the early states.

A quarter of the vote in a lot of early states would have equaled winning the state. Missing that by a couple percent made a big difference. And if they hadn't pulled that off, they were ready with more ammo if Ron did win Iowa. Same with Rand.

What's he going to "do"? Rant about Rand Paul? It will make no difference. At all.

There's a ton they can and will do. Front runners go down all the time. Google Gary Hart. Every actor has his role, the big money, the party leaders, the talking heads. It's a team effort, and at the end of the day, Levin is on their team.

itshappening
04-13-2013, 05:31 PM
A quarter of the vote in a lot of early states would have equaled winning the state. Missing that by a couple percent made a big difference. And if they hadn't pulled that off, they were ready with more ammo if Ron did win Iowa. Same with Rand.

Considering Ron's favorables among the GOP faithful were in the TOILET he had no business getting even a quarter of the vote.

So how did someone with like -20 approval get a quarter of the vote? The in-state campaign was amazing.

This is what the voters pay attention to in those states.

They're not all listening to the rants of Mark Levin, Rush Limbaugh or Hannity. Very few of them in fact do.

Rand's approvals are the highest of any GOPer. So he's going to be formidable. The campaign in those states will be formidable top. His ceiling is going to be far higher. The faithful like him more than liked Ron. It might be a blow out and he might have it wrapped up long before any votes are cast. He's scheduled to be in Iowa and NH next month and he's started very early. A ranting Mark Levin if he chooses to foolishly do that will not make a dimes worth of difference to stop what looks like his inevitable candidacy.

itshappening
04-13-2013, 05:37 PM

There's a ton they can and will do. Front runners go down all the time. Google Gary Hart. Every actor has his role, the big money, the party leaders, the talking heads. It's a team effort, and at the end of the day, Levin is on their team.

You're not factoring in the fact that Rand is basically inheriting that formidable in-state campaign in Iowa, NH etc. this puts him at a huge advantage. He's also got commanding approval numbers. The rants of a talk radio host are not going to derail him.

Hart: ' he was considered a frontrunner for the Democratic nomination until various news organizations reported that he was having an extramarital affair. '

Rand is not going to having an affair and wont have a scandal... well he might i can't predict the future but it's unlikely.

oyarde
04-13-2013, 05:43 PM
My guess , Mcarthy .

roho76
04-13-2013, 05:45 PM
This is just the establishment losing their grip because they're being highlighted as the crooks that they are to their own base. The typical republican voter is losing faith in the old guard, hence the rise of Rand. His outreach to the black community will win him points within the party as well just for the simple fact that no one else is doing it and they realize it needs to be done. I'm sure we'll see Rubio pandering to some demographic or another within the coming week on the coattails of Rand's performance.

erowe1
04-13-2013, 05:45 PM
You're not factoring in the fact that ...
No, I'm not factoring in any of that because that's not what I'm talking about. All I'm saying is that if Rand is really a threat to win the nomination, there won't be many people on his side, least of all Mark Levin.

Rand is not going to having an affair and wont have a scandal... well he might i can't predict the future but it's unlikely.

It doesn't matter what Rand does. If they want to pin something on him the weekend before the Iowa caucuses, they will.

itshappening
04-13-2013, 05:59 PM
No, I'm not factoring in any of that because that's not what I'm talking about. All I'm saying is that if Rand is really a threat to win the nomination, there won't be many people on his side, least of all Mark Levin.

It doesn't matter what Rand does. If they want to pin something on him the weekend before the Iowa caucuses, they will.

They won't have anything on him. Even if they ranted about him in unison which the media won't do with Rand (they're very friendly with him and it's not a trap) they still wouldn't beat what he's going to build in Iowa and NH. They either come along for the ride or look like fools. Most of the media will come along for the ride. I've no idea what the talk radio crowd will do but I suspect they will be fair and not be in attack mode against the most popular Republican in the country. Their listeners would go nuts.

thoughtomator
04-13-2013, 06:01 PM
Speaking of Fascism and Mark Levin, how did he get his show distributed so widely in the first place?

itshappening
04-13-2013, 06:10 PM
Speaking of Fascism and Mark Levin, how did he get his show distributed so widely in the first place?

That's a good question. How do any of them do it? I think they get promoted through political bosses.

Apart from Levin they're mostly very loyal to the GOP. He seems to be the only one who actually speaks out against them.

Although he's solid on war and foreign policy from their point of view.

I think maybe defense contractors are involved? A ranting neocon keeps the public behind their schemes. Hence the desire to have him on stations.

erowe1
04-13-2013, 06:17 PM
That's a good question. How do any of them do it? I think they get promoted through political bosses.

Apart from Levin they're mostly very loyal to the GOP. He seems to be the only one who actually speaks out against them.

I think maybe defense contractors are involved? A ranting neocon keeps the public behind their schemes. Hence the desire to have him on stations.

I don't see it that way. All of them paint themselves as anti-establishment. And all of them craft story lines that pit them against the folks Rush calls the Rockefeller Republicans. They make drama out of it, which is what Levin is doing now. But when election time comes, all of them protect those same establishment Republicans from any real threat.

thoughtomator
04-13-2013, 06:34 PM

I was being rhetorical. Levin got his distribution primarily through being a take-it-or-else rider on stations that wanted to broadcast Rush Limbaugh. In other words, by the very fascism that he now so hypocritically decries. If he has any real seriousness, his first step should be to remove himself from his continuous profit off that arrangement. He'll still have years of his own actions to account for, but if his change of heart is true then this is the first step of walking the walk.

itshappening
04-13-2013, 06:58 PM
Limbaugh definitely got on stations due to special interests like the defense industry... i'm convinced of that much.

His slobbering over Bush and War was sickening.

XTreat
04-13-2013, 08:46 PM
I was being rhetorical. Levin got his distribution primarily through being a take-it-or-else rider on stations that wanted to broadcast Rush Limbaugh. In other words, by the very fascism that he now so hypocritically decries. If he has any real seriousness, his first step should be to remove himself from his continuous profit off that arrangement. He'll still have years of his own actions to account for, but if his change of heart is true then this is the first step of walking the walk.

He was Hannity's Rider, not Limbaugh.

Christian Liberty
04-13-2013, 08:48 PM
If Levin has political power and he's using it against anti-liberty freaks...

GO LEVIN!!!!

economics102
04-13-2013, 09:47 PM
If the enemy of my enemy is my enemy, he is still my enemy even though he's the enemy of my enemy.

:)

ord33
04-13-2013, 10:03 PM
My guess is it is definitely Eric Cantor. Listen to this rant from Mark Levin caling out Eric Cantor in the Violence Against Women Act: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga5Y1V3o4Uk

Levin was actually 100% spot on in his rant against Cantor on this one in my opinion.

KingNothing
04-13-2013, 10:06 PM

Boehner's got far bigger fish to fry. I'd be shocked if it were him. He doesn't care what Levin says, much less care enough to have Levin silenced.

My guess is that Levin is making the threat sound more significant than it really was. That's how he stands to gain, and by not actually saying the name of the Republican, there can be no counterargument to his statement.

KingNothing
04-13-2013, 10:09 PM
My guess is it is definitely Eric Cantor. Listen to this rant from Mark Levin caling out Eric Cantor in the Violence Against Women Act: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga5Y1V3o4Uk

Levin was actually 100% spot on in his rant against Cantor on this one in my opinion.

I don't believe it is Cantor. Do you honestly think Cantor cares what Mark Levin says? If this threat was made, it was probably made by a less substantial politician.

ord33
04-13-2013, 10:15 PM
I don't believe it is Cantor. Do you honestly think Cantor cares what Mark Levin says? If this threat was made, it was probably made by a less substantial politician.

I actually do think Cantor (or people on his staff) care and I definitely wouldn't put it past them to go and try to get Levin to stop bashing him where his district supporters can hear.

Also, Levin's show is broadcasted on a station (WCHV) in Charlottsville which can be heard throughout Cantor's district. The station is locally owned by a family (Monticello Media) not a big corporate station like Clear Channel or something. So, Cantor might have thought that he could strong arm a smaller local person and perhaps the station owners ratted him out to Levin.

Plus, Mark Levin mentioned the person was involved in the threats of stripping of committee's for the Congressmen and Eric Cantor was right in the middle of that ordeal.

Brian4Liberty
04-14-2013, 01:02 PM
I'm sure we'll see Rubio pandering to some demographic or another within the coming week on the coattails of Rand's performance.

Rubio was pandering to the US Chamber of Commerce (second largest lobby group in DC) and associated crony corporatists today.

jkob
04-14-2013, 01:16 PM

Saw fascist and congressman in the title and made that guess as well