PDA

View Full Version : RNC passes Iowa GOP motion to honor Ron Paul

sailingaway
04-13-2013, 01:36 PM
submitted by the Iowa GOP (thank you Steve Bierfeldt for posting the text, below!)

RESOLUTION HONORING RON PAUL,
FORMER CONGRESSMAN AND MEDICAL DOCTOR

WHEREAS, the Honorable Ron Paul has served his country with dignity and integrity as a United States Congressman from the State of Texas for more than 20 years.

WHEREAS, Ron Paul served his country bravely as a member of the United States Military during his time as an Air Force Flight Surgeon.

WHEREAS, a generation of new voters were inspired to join and become active in the Republican Party due to Ron Paul’s promotion of a limited government philosophy.

WHEREAS, Ron Paul has remained consistent in his dedication to the principles of life, the free market and the Constitution.

RESOLVED, that the Members of the Republican National Committee express their sincere gratitude to the Honorable Ron Paul for his selfless commitment and personal dedication with which he has served this nation.

pretending outreach while shafting grass roots on the rules.

http://discussions.latimes.com/20/lanews/la-pn-republicans-gay-marriage-20130412/10

ClydeCoulter
04-13-2013, 03:29 PM
Huh? The link sent me to : GOP rejects gay marriage, asks Supreme Court to uphold Prop. 8

Dr.3D
04-13-2013, 04:34 PM
Huh? The link sent me to : GOP rejects gay marriage, asks Supreme Court to uphold Prop. 8

Yep, look at the seventh paragraph....

The marriage resolution was one of a dozen approved without debate on the third day of the RNC’s spring meeting. Other measures affirmed the party platform, honored former Rep. Ron Paul of Texas and called for cooperation with the “conservative grass-roots movement.”

sailingaway
04-13-2013, 07:44 PM
Yep, look at the seventh paragraph....

Yeah, they didn't give it a lot of ink.

Another paper tried to say the same conservatives who honored Ron wanted the anti prop 8 stuff which is nonsense. What happened is we didn't have enough there and they gave the 'honor' as a sop after the rule change power grab stuff was perpetuated.

Keith and stuff
04-13-2013, 08:00 PM
Excellent. Thanks for sharing. I wouldn't have known this great news on my own. While I live next to a RNC voter, I usually don't talk to the voter about national issues.

Mr.NoSmile
04-14-2013, 09:42 AM
Considering their ruling on the Blackwell Amendment, who really cares? As with the video tribute, it's pandering and all fluff. Nothing more.

Keith and stuff
04-14-2013, 09:46 AM
Considering their ruling on the Blackwell Amendment, who really cares? As with the video tribute, it's pandering and all fluff. Nothing more.
It is quite an accomplishment. I'd love to see the wording of it. If it is nicely worded, I'd love to see it added to the front page.

SteveBierfeldt
04-18-2013, 11:11 AM
Here is the text of the Resolution. It was written and submitted by the Iowa GOP.

WHEREAS, the Honorable Ron Paul has served his country with dignity and integrity as a United States Congressman from the State of Texas for more than 20 years.

WHEREAS, Ron Paul served his country bravely as a member of the United States Military during his time as an Air Force Flight Surgeon.

WHEREAS, a generation of new voters were inspired to join and become active in the Republican Party due to Ron Paul’s promotion of a limited government philosophy.

WHEREAS, Ron Paul has remained consistent in his dedication to the principles of life, the free market and the Constitution.

RESOLVED, that the Members of the Republican National Committee express their sincere gratitude to the Honorable Ron Paul for his selfless commitment and personal dedication with which he has served this nation.

sailingaway
04-18-2013, 07:25 PM
Here is the text of the Resolution. It was written and submitted by the Iowa GOP.

Thank you, Steve!

Now we just have to work on getting more people there and getting the rules changed!

satchelmcqueen
04-19-2013, 02:24 PM
bump for fake efforts by the gop.

JK/SEA
04-20-2013, 08:46 AM
hahaha...those that wrote this are obviously laughing their asses off. This resolution has zero sincerity reeking between each paragraph. I'd prefer 'they' keep ignoring Ron Paul and his millions AND millions and millions of supporters.....oh, and i personally despise being labeled a 'fan' of Ron Paul. Its like being called a 'fan' of the U.S. Constitution.

In Liberty, and former State Delegate and current PCO...JK/SEA.

FriedChicken
04-20-2013, 09:27 AM
I'm happy about this.
I know its false sentiment - but they're showing their hand that they are fully aware that one day the GOP party needs the liberty movement to survive. Its a very good sign that the winds are changing.

jmdrake
04-20-2013, 09:30 AM
Yeah, they didn't give it a lot of ink.

Another paper tried to say the same conservatives who honored Ron wanted the anti prop 8 stuff which is nonsense. What happened is we didn't have enough there and they gave the 'honor' as a sop after the rule change power grab stuff was perpetuated.

Well it's time we start doing our own press releases / blogging and link to that instead of depending on the MSM to give us a fair shake. Who has a Washington Examiner account? And does Ron's new organiztion issue press releases?

Keith and stuff
04-20-2013, 06:18 PM
hahaha...those that wrote this are obviously laughing their asses off. This resolution has zero sincerity reeking between each paragraph.
The people that wrote it are the pro-Ron Paul people in the IAGOP. They helped run his campaign in IA.

sailingaway
04-20-2013, 06:29 PM
The people that wrote it are the pro-Ron Paul people in the IAGOP. They helped run his campaign in IA.

Yeah. They voted to change the rules.