PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul speaks at Knox Co. Lincoln Day dinner

sailingaway
04-13-2013, 01:24 PM
http://www.wbir.com/images/640/360/2/assetpool/images/130412095353_ronpaul.jpg

A familiar face joined Knox County Republicans Friday night for their annual Lincoln Day dinner. Former presidential candidate and congressman Ron Paul was the keynote speaker.

The annual dinner is a fundraiser for the GOP and is hosted by the Knox County Republican Party.

Paul spoke about the future of the party and said the GOP is starting to attract young people who are concerned with the economy and want small government.

manages not to mention the huge crowd. http://www.wbir.com/news/article/264499/2/Ron-Paul-speaks-at-Knox-Co-Lincoln-Day-dinner

itshappening
04-13-2013, 10:56 PM
I was amazed to hear about the size of the crowd from Matt Collins and other local sources.

He's going to drive some Republicans crazy by pulling in these crowds.

This was well deserved for them supporting Jimmy Duncan all these years.

He took so much crap for that Iraq war vote.

Matt Collins
04-14-2013, 08:53 AM
He's going to drive some Republicans crazy by pulling in these crowds. Trust me, more so than you know! This was their largest dinner for the KnoxGOP outside of an election year, and their 2nd largest of all time.

Rand will be in Nashville this upcoming Saturday and he'll have very close to the same size crowd.

Last night Alberto Gonzales was in Nashville for a dinner and he barely drew a couple of hundred people.

I would love to be a fly on the wall with the Republican echelon in the state because they are looking around and saying "wow, if we want to draw a huge crowd, or raise a ton of money, the Pauls are doing it" which they never thought would happen.

This was well deserved for them supporting Jimmy Duncan all these years.

He took so much crap for that Iraq war vote.Funny you mention that, after Ron's speech, Rep Duncan gets up there and specifically says "we should not be the world's policemen" and of course half the audience cheered at that. If Ron hadn't have been there, I doubt he would've said that, but after an hour long speech by Ron with standing ovations, he felt that he had the cover to say that sort of thing. 5 years ago, or even 5 months ago, he probably would've been booed by his hometown crowd for such.

Matt Collins
04-14-2013, 09:16 AM
Why don't we have a calendar for Ron? This is the first I've heard he will be in Nashville tonight, and many would likely have liked to know. where will he be? We have networks to spread information but we can't do it if we don't have it.
Huh? Ron was in Knoxville last Friday, Rand will be in Nashville this upcoming Saturday

sailingaway
04-14-2013, 09:32 AM
Huh? Ron was in Knoxville last Friday, Rand will be in Nashville this upcoming Saturday

Yeah, I deleted it. I read it fast and thought you were saying Ron would be speaking in Nashville today while he was in TN. It is really hard to find his upcoming events and they would be much better attended if people knew about them in advance. Ron needs a calendar somewhere.

Matt Collins
04-14-2013, 01:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7VAMaFjIq2g