PDA

View Full Version : We Continue To Win One Person At A Time

TonySutton
04-13-2013, 10:46 AM
My aunt posted this today on facebook. I figured people here would like to hear what she had to say.

You may have noticed that I have been posting about my opposition to gun control. No, this mild mannered, soft spoken Southern lady hasn't turned into a fanatic, fringe nut. But I do believe our Constitution was developed by men who were fresh off seeing what tyranny can do. My 26 months in Afghanistan changed me forever in so many ways. After a 25 year career as a loyal Federal employee, I no longer trust my government. When I saw how our leadership twisted the most horrific incidents into a positive spin, I cannot believe they will tell us the truth. "We killed 19 children accidently, well here is the positive side to that. We killed a bride and groom at their wedding, well this is the up side. Violence has escalated in Afghanistan, but we are winning." When I hear our leadership tell the American public that a 20 hour siege of the US Embassy in Kabul in 2011 was "harassment" and that when I know that over 40 rockets hit the Embassy that day, wounding three people, including a two-year old child, I know they will lie to us. I cannot deny what my own eyes saw and my own ears heard and I know when I am being lied to. Do I trust our leaders to make the decision to protect our 2nd Amendment rights that assures us we can protect ourselves from tyranny? No, I do not.

torchbearer
04-13-2013, 11:00 AM
vet terr'ist. reported.

TonySutton
04-13-2013, 11:11 AM
As a side note, she is not former military. She worked for one of those agencies with lots of initials.

MRK
04-13-2013, 11:16 AM
As a side note, she is not former military. She worked for one of those agencies with lots of initials.

It's worse than we could have imagined. Terr'ists have infiltrated the most clandestine of government branches.