PDA

View Full Version : How To Approach Chicken-Hawks...

AdoubleR
11-24-2007, 09:40 PM
I found this worked with people who are adament about supporting the Neo-Con agenda who refuse to hear Ron Pauls message. After debating the facts and realising that they are totally anti Ron Paul I close with this:

"Well, since I see that you insist the war is necessary, that's fine. I respect your decision. I would just like to give you one suggestion (then they ask what?). I tell them to invest in the Military Industrial complex since they might as well get something out of the war also. (They then ask why). Then I proceed to explain that most politicians are motivated by profits for themselves and their buddies. I tell them we're bombing bridges, and rebuilding them... on your TAX MONEY. Millions are making loads of money doing this, and THAT'S why THEY support the war, even a lot of journalists. They all know there's no threat and are just making a quick buck... So if you want the war as bad as they do, atleast get something form it like they are so I can respect your logic. Find out why politicians are millionaires who leave their profitable companies to make less money working for government".

Now some people I talked to did some research between when I talked to them and the last time. They said you know what? "It's true... Give me some more information on your candidate and what his stand is..." I'm sure some people might have used this angle, but if you get them thinking and give them an honest suggestion to benefit from it all like everyone else, they end up realising what's really up.... They become more open to the message and then let their guard down for a bit... TRY IT... Lemme know if it works for you...

partypooper
11-24-2007, 09:46 PM
i found this to work in one neocon case:

let it bet that wars have a net positive result. let us assume that they make us safer in a sense of decreasing the likelihood of a terrorist attack.

the problem is - we can't afford it. even if the war in iraq prevented another 9-11 it would not have been worth it. we can't spend 500+ billion dollars (+ several thousand lives) to save several thousands lives. we have to live with the risk of terrorism in the same way we live with the risk of dying in a car-crash - we don't have millions of ambulances lining highways though that would certainly save some lives, too.

ronpaulfan
11-24-2007, 09:49 PM
I don't waste my time on those people. It takes 20 times more energy to convert chickenhawks than it takes to convert the every-day American.

But that is just me. If you can handle the head-ache then by all means!

constituent
11-24-2007, 09:51 PM

with a stick?

AceNZ
11-24-2007, 10:02 PM
I like to ask neo-cons why they thing we're fighting in Iraq. Most will answer that we're there to make the world a safer place, reduce the potential for terrorism in the US, bring democracy to the region, or some similar crap.

My response is something along the lines of:
Do you think that goal has been worth killing more than a million Iraqis? Doesn't that make us more like Saddam than some kind of saviour?

Some will dispute the number of deaths, but it's readily supported with a search on the web. I even heard RP use that number for the first time in a recent interview in Nevada.

I also like to point out that the main people behind 9/11 were Saudis, not Iraqis -- so what have the Iraqis ever done to us, or threatened to do to us, that has warranted killing on such a large scale?

If they're open to a follow-up, I might add that I think one of the big reasons we're in both Iraq and Afghanistan is for control of the their oil fields and pipeline routes. I just plant the seed, and let them think about it. I try not to get into a big debate, because it almost always ends poorly.

TechnoGuyRob
11-24-2007, 10:06 PM
I don't waste my time on those people. It takes 20 times more energy to convert chickenhawks than it takes to convert the every-day American.

But that is just me. If you can handle the head-ache then by all means!

But when a chickenhawk converts his chickenhawk friends, that is a huge poll booster, since we know who they poll. :)

Revolution9
11-24-2007, 10:07 PM

with a stick?

I like to sneak up behind them and go BOOOM!! They'll blow a sphincter every time they are so wound into a gut knot with wretching fear.

Best
Randy

michaelwise
11-24-2007, 10:20 PM
I say, "I just thank God our country is going bankrupt doing it, have a nice day", and just walk away.

TVMH
11-24-2007, 10:21 PM
I was wearing my RP hat at the poker table last night, and this drunk redneck actually tried to convince me that if we brought all of our military home that "we'd have 'em knockin' at the door."

I tried to point out that no country in it's right mind would attack this nation with the military at home, but he wasn't having any of it.

ignoranceisntbliss
11-25-2007, 11:37 PM
I was wearing my RP hat at the poker table last night, and this drunk redneck actually tried to convince me that if we brought all of our military home that "we'd have 'em knockin' at the door."

Tell him thats exactly the same sort of threats LBJ & Nixon made about leaving Vietnam. Watch "War Made Easy":

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8383084962209910782