PDA

View Full Version : Nancy Price running for Pike County, PA Sheriff

Lindsey
04-13-2013, 05:57 AM
Her husband was a RP delegate for the last RNC, and she was an alternate delegate - now she is running for sheriff. Please share with anyone you know in Pike County (Northeastern PA)

www.nancypriceforsheriff.com

From her brochure:

As Sheriff of Pike County, PA a top priority
will be handling on a local level the serious
security issues impacting our whole country
caused by the over-reach and
unconstitutional acts of our federal
government. We should all be clear on how
Pike County will respond.

If elected, I will serve Pike County as a
Constitutional Sheriff which means that
under the 10th Amendment of our
Constitution, “the Nullification
Amendment;” I will declare that the federal
government may not act freely in our
county: that any activity of the federal
government proposed in the county would
have to be approved and allowed by the
Sheriff.

I completely support the Second
Amendment and the Pennsylvania
Constitution, which says, “The right of
citizens to bear arms in defense of
themselves and the State shall not be
questioned.”

I completely disagree with parts of The
Patriot Act and the National Defense
Authorization Act (NDAA).

The Patriot Act purports to authorize the
federal government in a terrorist
investigation several actions which blatantly
violate the Constitution of the United States
of America. It violates the Fourth
Amendment when it allows the government
to search and seize Americans’ papers and
effects without probable cause. It violates
the Sixth Amendment when it allows the
government to jail Americans indefinitely
without a trial. The government may
monitor conversations between attorneys
and clients in federal prisons and deny
lawyers to Americans accused of crimes.
Americans may be jailed without being
charged or being able to confront witnesses
against them.

The NDAA allows for indefinite detention
and assassination of American citizens at the
discretion of the President.

Her brochure is in pdf form, I'll post the whole thing, if someone tells me how to do so..

Lindsey
04-13-2013, 06:00 AM
Here's an article from their local paper.

www.pikedispatch.com

Fellow Republican Challenges Bueki For Sheriff In Primary
By Ken Baumel

MILFORD — Borough resident and Republican maverick Nancy E. Price, wife of Milford Borough Council President James Price, sent shock waves through the Pike Republican Party when she announced her primary candidacy against incumbent Republican Pike County Sheriff Phil Bueki.

According to Price, her main reason for running is not because she thinks Bueki has not run his office well, but because she believes that a primary campaign would allow her to bring public awareness about 2nd Amendment issues that are being debated nationwide.

Bueki, seeking re-election for a fourth term, does not have any Democratic opposition. Bueki said that he is running on the platform of bringing honesty, pride, and professionalism to an office that he said he has modernized and shepherded into the 21st century.

Pike GOP Committee Chairman Chris Decker said in an interview that he and other GOP leaders have taken a formal position that they would not endorse a GOP candidate in a primary and that voters should decide who is qualified or not. Traditionally, in Pike County it is rare for an incumbent GOP candidate to be opposed in the primary.

Decker said that privately most GOP leaders were taken aback by the Price candidacy because they were unaware Price was mounting a campaign. Also, he said that GOP leaders ideally prefer a candidate who has law enforcement background.

Price alleges that the federal government under the current administration has been systematically infringing constitutionally guaranteed 2nd Amendment rights of citizens to keep and bear arms.

Price considers the National Defense Authorization Act (that allows the president to assassinate a terrorist) and Patriot Act (that allows broader than Constitutional specified search and seizures powers against suspected terrorists) infringe Amendments 1,2,4,5,6,8, and 10.

Price also said that she is opposed to any new gun-control legislation and does not favor gun-free zones, such as applying to schools. Bueki testified earlier this year at a Pennsylvania Senate hearing on school safety that he favors strong school safety and security measures, but favors gun-free zones in courts and schools for security reasons

Bueki is currently the only sheriff in Pennsylvania who is also an active Drug Abuse Resistance Education (DARE) drug-prevention officer geared to 5th grade students... for complete story, get this week's issue.

sailingaway
04-13-2013, 11:25 AM
Go, Nancy!