PDA

View Full Version : Tucker at Ron Paul Rally

0zzy
11-24-2007, 09:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFDhudGbWvw

Can't wait to read the article, hopefully it's not bad.

ronpaulfan
11-24-2007, 09:28 PM
that sound almost blew out my speaker.

turn down the volume before clicking that link.

ItsTime
11-24-2007, 09:29 PM
luck of the draw. I hope he interviewed a few of the 200 plus vets that were there. :)

ItsTime
11-24-2007, 09:30 PM
hahaha QFT

jenninlouisiana
11-24-2007, 09:31 PM
What does QFT mean? Thanks.

LibertyEagle
11-24-2007, 09:32 PM

Quoted for Truth.

steph3n
11-24-2007, 09:33 PM

quote for truth :)

10thAmendmentMan
11-24-2007, 09:36 PM
Carlson doesn't always walk around everywhere with that goofy, little bowtie?

Duckman
11-24-2007, 09:40 PM
Carlson doesn't always walk around everywhere with that goofy, little bowtie?

Yes he does. That's his schtick.

Does anyone know who it is that is doing most of the talking to Tucker in this video? I want to shake his hand. Whoever it was I believe is a really, really good spokesman for the ideas we all believe in here, and I have zero doubt that Tucker is very much in agreement, or coming to agree with much of what he is saying, because he has said it so well.

PatriotOne
11-24-2007, 09:41 PM
Outstanding. Glad he went to the fab Vegas Rally. LV loves Ron Paul.

TheNewYorker
11-24-2007, 09:41 PM
Tucker Carlson reminds me of Jimmy Olsen from superman.

Benaiah
11-24-2007, 09:42 PM
He loves the bow tie.

curtisag
11-24-2007, 10:01 PM
Sometimes I think Tucker is going to be huge for Ron Paul, then he starts with all this negativity and tries to marginalize Ron Paul and his supporters. He may just be ignorant of the reality of the Ron Paul revolution, and that may be why he's trying to learn more from real supporters here in Las Vegas.

LibertyEagle
11-24-2007, 10:09 PM
I really wish that one guy would have shut up. He's making us sound like a bunch of loons.

Ron Paul Fan
11-24-2007, 10:12 PM
I really wish that one guy would have shut up. He's making us sound like a bunch of loons.

I really wish that one guy would keep speaking his mind! We could use more of that round here and not this collectivist garbage.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
11-24-2007, 10:14 PM
Hes not wearing the bow tie. His defenses are down. ATTACK!!!

Duckman
11-24-2007, 10:16 PM

I'm suprised you would think that... why? Because the brought up the 9/11 truther controversy? I think he played it very well, stressing all supporters don't believe that. He then went on to say a number of very relevant and important things about the faith Americans currently have in their system of government.

terlinguatx
11-24-2007, 10:17 PM

constitutional
11-24-2007, 10:19 PM

I second that notion. :)

tnvoter
11-24-2007, 10:23 PM

tyvm for the warning haha

constitutional
11-24-2007, 10:24 PM
lol, If I were there, I could not have refrained from making a bow tie joke.

:) I hate him.

Arklatex
11-24-2007, 10:27 PM
Anyone remember this clip? http://youtube.com/watch?v=aFQFB5YpDZE

American
11-24-2007, 10:28 PM
WOW, we really need to polish our replies as to why we support Ron Paul.....=\

Ron Paul Fan
11-24-2007, 10:35 PM
WOW, we really need to polish our replies as to why we support Ron Paul.....=\

Who is we and what if that's really how they feel?

theseus51
11-25-2007, 02:22 AM
In case anybody didn't see, it's actually a 4 part youtube series.
http://www.youtube.com/user/canvasjoe108

qwerty
11-25-2007, 02:26 AM
awesome!

0zzy
11-25-2007, 03:25 AM
They sound a bit conspiratorial, they didn't correct tucker "He'd get rid of Social Security and Medicare and whole departments!", and ya. interesting stuff though.

derdy
11-25-2007, 03:59 AM

Lol. She's gotta say that, Liberty Eagle is a saniac for Ron Paul. Nothing to see here folks, not even the crazies for Ron Paul! :p

derdy
11-25-2007, 04:00 AM
And Tucker is a suck up, he wouldn't report Ron Paul unless it was what the people wanted; he's more interested in his TV Program

xerigen
11-25-2007, 04:22 AM
After watching all 4 parts, I think Tucker was genuinely interested and I think the people supplying him information supplied good, consistent information on why people support Ron Paul's stances.

saahmed
11-25-2007, 04:48 AM
QFT= quite f***ing true

derdy
11-25-2007, 04:50 AM
After watching all 4 parts, I think Tucker was genuinely interested and I think the people supplying him information supplied good, consistent information on why people support Ron Paul's stances.

I still think Tucker is a dipshit looking out for his own neck! If Ron Paul wasn't so popular he would be thrashing him.:eek:

derdy
11-25-2007, 04:51 AM
QFT= quite f***ing true

I thought it was 'Quit Freakin Trolling!"

Someone needs to clear up these abrevations!

LibertyEagle
11-25-2007, 06:24 AM
I thought it was 'Quit Freakin Trolling!"

Someone needs to clear up these abrevations!

No kidding. I sure hope it means, "quoted for truth", or I have badly been misusing it. :o

BLS
11-25-2007, 06:34 AM
Good GOD people......

Can you NOT act like nutjobs when you are talking to a TV personality...

Jeebus.....I'm ashamed.

Here's an idea. ASK him questions...don't tell him for 30 minutes how you feel.

TheEvilDetector
11-25-2007, 06:36 AM
Good GOD people......

Jeebus.....I'm ashamed.

I think they did alright.

Tucker hasn't got anything worthwhile to say, we've heard it all on television already.

Corydoras
11-25-2007, 07:00 AM
I think they did all right.
I'm worried about this Tucker article, because it's going to be EXTREMELY influential.
Leaving aside his celebrity entirely, The New Republic is as influential as can be in political journalism.
The New Republic and Tucker -- that is truly a sign that The Powers That Be are taking the Ron Paul campaign very seriously.

jrich4rpaul
11-25-2007, 07:21 AM
In case anybody didn't see, it's actually a 4 part youtube series.

Just making sure more people see this

Andrew76
11-25-2007, 11:45 AM
Good GOD people......

Jeebus.....I'm ashamed.

Agreed. I mean, it's easy to get excited and flustered under those circumstances. I'd like to hope that I'd be more articulate than that, but who knows?

Tucker's WHOLE thing is that he doesn't really believe that Ron Paul supporters truly understand what Ron Paul stands for. ie: they're cherry picking just a couple of issues like the war, or fiat money, and ignoring more "controversial" issues like abortion, eliminating the DOE, phasing out social security, etc.

His stand, it seems to me, is that people are hearing what they want to hear with Ron Paul, and not paying attention to the other more "complex" issues. I couldn't disagree more. I think we all DO understand all of Ron Paul's issues, and maybe we disagree here or there but largely we understand and identify with Ron Paul's sincerity and downright reasonableness.

For instance, it isn't just about the war for me, but about a whole host of things - most of which Ron Paul has nailed right on the head: foreign policy, economics, scope of government, strict adherence to the Constitution, individual rights and the integrity of the individual, individual responsibility, fiscal responsibility, etc.

I think with reporters like that, it can be dangerous because they ask a question, then they just let you talk and talk and talk... potentially hanging yourself in the process. They didn't say anything wrong, but we all need to remember - myself included! - to be as articulate and concise as possible when talking to people about Ron Paul.

angelatc
11-25-2007, 12:46 PM
It appears to be a 5 part series as of this posting.

Starks
11-25-2007, 12:49 PM
Why does Tucker look older than usual?

rooteroa
11-25-2007, 12:52 PM
EVERYONE DIGG THIS!! http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/RON_PAUL_Tucker_Carlson_giving_some_great_coverage _at_a_Ron_Paul_Rally

angelatc
11-25-2007, 12:55 PM
Why does Tucker look older than usual?

It's the power of make-up and professional lighting.

me3
11-25-2007, 01:26 PM
Fantastic videos. Thanks for recording and posting them.

Eric21ND
11-25-2007, 01:36 PM
I thought it was a great video. They were informed and voiced their reasons for supporting Paul. I think we just need to point out the perfect storm that is converging here. That is where all this support is coming from. Perfect candidate, perfect time, and a public that is disillusioned with both political parties.

If Bush wasn't as bad and corrupt as he was, we might not be able to see how great Ron Paul is in comparison to that.

StrikerV
11-25-2007, 01:48 PM
GREAT VIDEO bumpty bump

Arklatex
11-25-2007, 01:56 PM
Anyone remember this clip? http://youtube.com/watch?v=aFQFB5YpDZE

This is a really great clip. Stewart explains to Tucker that he is part of the MSM problem. :D:D:D

Maybe this is what changed him for the better, Stewart must have left an impression. Whatyda think?

If that clip is too long, here's a shorter one with the meat: http://youtube.com/watch?v=vmj6JADOZ-8&feature=related

OptionsTrader
11-25-2007, 01:59 PM
I think I understand Tucker's mindset better now.

I have thought he sounded negative on Ron Paul at times on his show because he does not think we understand all of Ron Paul's ideas. Intead he is just very skeptical of the majority of Americans truly wanting smaller government. He really believes that most people want a nanny state to take care of them. What he did not understand as one of the people there pointed out, (the blonde woman), that the American people just haven't had another option and they will flock to the idea of personal responsibility and liberty if they just hear Ron Paul's message.

I think it is so true that he will gain an extradorinary amount of momentum if his message is heard and given the time in the MSM it deserves. The pundits like Tucker are just so damn jaded and septical that we actually want this kind of change. I can hardly blame them given that most people are still so apathetic when it comes to politics. But people like Tucker have to get a little idealistic themselves in order to put Ron out ther for people to heard him first, that's the catch-22 of a skeptical jaded media (along with the wall of fear and hate put up by the O'Reillys, Hannitys, and Becks etc)

DJ RP
11-25-2007, 02:29 PM
I think the people talking did great. From the first video it might have come over like one of the guys was a little strange but by the end of part 5 I was proud of all of them.

The 14 year old kid was the icing on the cake. Explaining how he converted his bush supporting father to Ron Paul was the perfect antidote to tucker's skepticism. The message IS popular enough, people just have to hear it!!!

StrikerV
11-25-2007, 02:30 PM
wow OptionsTrader, you are right.. Tucker was very different talking to stewart back then.. infact I was as well... Kerry flip flops, how can we let the terrorists win? ugh... if only i knew what i knew now.

He is at the Ron Paul rally taking questions (Tucker) here a few days ago... Tucker seems to have some hope to come to our side but he IS still a journalist.

jenninlouisiana
11-25-2007, 02:40 PM
Thanks to all who explained QFT!!!

AlexMerced
11-25-2007, 02:46 PM
How is this a related video?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prHyhGXV6OU&feature=related

Shellshock1918
11-25-2007, 02:51 PM
LOUD NOISES!

Holy crap my ears!!! Its the sound of freedom at volume 10!!

slantedview
11-25-2007, 03:23 PM
Decent video. Anyone know when Tucker will be reporting on this visit?

StrikerV
11-25-2007, 03:24 PM
He will probaly be compiling all this information for a good segment.

He will be the first to report on the December 16th event IMO.

Derek
11-25-2007, 04:35 PM
That was fun to watch. I think by the end Tucker seemed more "into it," especially after meeting that kid who converted his dad to Ron Paul.

On a side note, Tucker seems like a genuinely nice guy. I think it'd be fun to hang around with him at some of these RP events.

MusoSpuso
11-25-2007, 05:51 PM
quote for truth :)

Alternatively...Quite Fucking True

Adamsa
11-25-2007, 06:03 PM
Tucker is a great guy and a Ron supporter, he is just very very skeptical about people wanting to go back to small government.