PDA

View Full Version : What Would an Army of Bitcoin Millionaires do to Help Spread Liberty?

Sentinelrv
04-12-2013, 04:32 PM
First of all, this thread isn't about whether you think Bitcoin will succeed or not, so please no arguing about that. It's about what would happen if it did succeed.

Let's say that in 5 years Bitcoin has skyrocketed in price and all the early adopters were now millionaires or even billionaires. Now we know that a lot of people that bought these coins understand the negatives about central banking because of Ron Paul. I don't know how many Bitcoin owners are part of the liberty movement, but I imagine that it's a large number.

Let's say you were one of the early adopters and were now rich because of it. What exactly would you do with your new fortune to further the cause of liberty? Would you donate it all to RandPAC, create infomercials about the evils of the Federal Reserve, create your own liberty based media network to compete with the others? What would you do?

TaftFan
04-12-2013, 04:35 PM
Get a TV network going for sure.

I would also create a PAC that would support liberty candidates in the Republican primaries, and support leftist third parties in the general in order to split the vote and ensure Republican victories even in Democratic districts.

I would also create a new "Volcker Fund" to fund free market economists and writers.

muh_roads
04-12-2013, 05:09 PM
I would definitely donate BTC to such efforts that you both have mentioned.

Watch them put limits on PAC's if BTC is doing really well by then...

jj-
04-12-2013, 05:10 PM
They would not pay taxes on the stuff they buy using it.

mad cow
04-12-2013, 05:32 PM
I would definitely have a Rand Paul 2016 bumper sticker on my Maybach.

Sentinelrv
04-12-2013, 06:02 PM
If I was a billionaire at least, I would probably go around to all the large universities and colleges and offer them huge donations as long as they scrapped their Keyensian economic courses in favor of Austrian free market economics. Do you think they would take the money and agree to the terms or choose to continue brainwashing their students?

itshappening
04-12-2013, 06:02 PM
Please stop perpetuating this hype. It's not going to skyrocket. It's more likely to crash to nothing and cost people money.

I know you said this thread should not be about whether it succeeds or not but your post by implication is hype and suggestive that it succeeds and goes to the moon thus creating millionaires eager to spread liberty so I'm denouncing this post and calling you out as I will anyone hyping this garbage from now on.

Bitcoin is dead. Get over it.

Petar
04-12-2013, 06:04 PM
Please stop perpetuating this hype. It's not going to skyrocket. It's more likely to crash to nothing and cost people money.

I know you said this thread should not be about whether it succeeds or not but your post by implication is hype and suggestive that it succeeds and goes to the moon thus creating millionaires eager to spread liberty so I'm denouncing this post and calling you out as I will anyone hyping this garbage from now on.

What makes you so sure that it is dead?

itshappening
04-12-2013, 06:06 PM
See my thread about Mike Adams. I've been using Bitcoin for 2 years and know much about it. The recent crash has convinced me it's a load of garbage and pointless. I;ve always thought that but now with the instability and having witnessed 2 crashes I can say for sure it's too unstable and vulnerable to be of any use.

So the hypers need to be called out and people here warned not to go near it unless they're buying drugs from silk road or doing other small transactions. It's a novelty. Nothing more. They won't skyrocket and you won't get rich off it.

jj-

A year ago I heard about the same statement from someone else.

Sentinelrv

Sorry, but I'm not trying to hype anything. I don't even own any bitcoins. It's just a what if question. How about we just leave bitcoins out of it and say if you were rich, what would you do.

itshappening
04-12-2013, 06:09 PM
Yes you are hyping by associating bitcoin with millionaires you are perpetuating hype.

This post adds nothing to the sub-forum and is merely hype. It's not economic news or a view just a dream. It's pathetic.

kcchiefs6465
04-12-2013, 06:11 PM
What would you do?

Help Glen Bradley for NC GOP Vice Chairman!!! Every donation counts! (http://glenbradley.net/?pg=donate)

ETA: And you don't even have to be a millionaire. :o

$2,000 is the goal

Sentinelrv
04-12-2013, 06:23 PM
Yes you are hyping by associating bitcoin with millionaires you are perpetuating hype.

This post adds nothing to the sub-forum and is merely hype. It's not economic news or a view just a dream. It's pathetic.

Ok, sorry you feel that way. I just thought it would be fun to see the creative ways that people would spread the message if they had money. If a mod wants to delete the thread then go ahead, sorry to offend anyone.

04-12-2013, 06:29 PM
Well first off if you want to create an army of BTC millionaires, you've already admitted that it is too volatile to be a viable currency.

If you really had an army of billionaires wouldn't it make more sense to find and purchase a new location to live rather than try to fix this mess? If not that then purchase as much of a low population state as possible and take over a state government.

kpitcher
04-12-2013, 08:34 PM
If he reworded it to be "If an army of daytrader or hedge fund millionaires" would there be as many attacks on the premise?

As to the question I think we'd see a variety of better libertarian candidate campaigns. Voters do need good press campaigns and no matter the strength of the grassroots for phone banking and info spreading you need the glossy handouts, billboards, etc to reach the average voter.

psi2941
04-12-2013, 08:53 PM

1. I don't mean to go against all my prior post of bitcoin bashing but I think bitcoin has some value, i think its over priced right now because i mean come on BTC reached the price of two barrel of oil which is insane. However labeling it as "sound money" or currency i'm totally with you.

2. I think bitcoin has a colt like following. These people have convinced themselves bit coin is the future. So even though bit coin crashes to zero, I think these people will pick up all the pieces and try to jump start it. So we might be back to where the price of bitcoin is around the price of silver.