PDA

View Full Version : Teacher instructs students to write "Jews Are Evil"

enjerth
04-12-2013, 04:29 PM
Teacher instructs students to write "Jews Are Evil" (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/12/new-york-school-district-apologizes-for-jews-are-evil-assignment/) (foxnews.com)

An upstate New York school district is reportedly apologizing — and mulling possible disciplinary action — for a high school writing assignment that asked students to “argue Jews are evil” while making a persuasive argument blaming them for the problems of Nazi Germany.

"You must argue that Jews are evil, and use solid rationale from government propaganda to convince me of your loyalty to the Third Reich,” the assignment reportedly read. A third of the students refused.

I think that's brilliant. I mean, this is the next step after students vote for Hitler, right? They have to bow to him.

Prove you're a patriot! You may choose your words from any of our propaganda materials. Do not stray too far off-script.

enjerth
04-12-2013, 04:34 PM
Suggestions:

Additionally, those who opted out of the assignment will be treated as jew-sympathizers.

The next essay will be about how some of your friends and their families sided with those evil jews. You must included any details you can think of concerning their suspicious jew-sympathizing behaviors. Your friend is no friend of the motherland if they harbor kind feelings towards any jews.

RonPaulFanInGA
04-12-2013, 04:52 PM
Teacher instructs students to write "Jews Are Evil"

What is the teacher's screen name here?

tangent4ronpaul
04-12-2013, 05:00 PM
ROTGLMAO!

Actually, I think it's a brilliant assignment. Remember that the winners always write history and when it comes to this period of history, it ALWAYS starts out as: these evil, really bad people did this and this and this... This kind of assignment kicks that on it's head. Lets the kids think for themselves and put on the nazi era German peoples shoes and walk in them.

It could have been done with any conflict and any period of history where source material was available. The only reason it's raising any fuss is because it's "un-PC" to say anything bad about Jews and the Jewish lobby has ensured that this country is Israel FIRST!, USA second.

Can't remember what it was called but there was a educational experiment some years ago, a book was written about it, where a teacher did a number of things to basically form a "in crowd". Some of these things were to come up with an emblem and a special/secret salute or greeting that was like elbow down, hand up formed into what looked like a hand acting like a shadow puppet of a bird or animal. It got very popular and really caught on till there was an assembly and it was explained that this is exactly how the nazi's indoctrinated their population, at which point it became instantly un-cool!

Hope the PC nazi's don't mess with this teacher too much.

-t

Danan
04-12-2013, 05:05 PM
Can't remember what it was called but there was a educational experiment some years ago, a book was written about it, where a teacher did a number of things to basically form a "in crowd". Some of these things were to come up with an emblem and a special/secret salute or greeting that was like elbow down, hand up formed into what looked like a hand acting like a shadow puppet of a bird or animal. It got very popular and really caught on till there was an assembly and it was explained that this is exactly how the nazi's indoctrinated their population, at which point it became instantly un-cool!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Third_Wave

Is this what you're talking about?

Uriel999
04-12-2013, 05:15 PM
The wave!

tangent4ronpaul
04-12-2013, 05:16 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Third_Wave

Is this what you're talking about?

Yeppers!
+rep

-t

KrokHead
04-12-2013, 05:46 PM
An unrelated thread in the vent may be made called "Jews are evil"

Anti-Neocon
04-12-2013, 05:46 PM
I wrote an assignment from the Confederacy's perspective in high school. Does it mean I supported slavery? No, it's just an academic exercise.

I think this is a fine assignment and helps students gain a more 3 dimensional understanding of WWII and all the forces involved, even though "Jews are evil" doesn't very well sum up the Nazi perspective.

Danan
04-12-2013, 05:47 PM
Yeppers!
+rep

-t

There's a German film about that. Pretty good. People intuitively like to be in a collective. It's the job of enlightened individualists to get that out of their system!

itshappening
04-12-2013, 05:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbJfRe6iGlo

kcchiefs6465
04-12-2013, 05:55 PM
An unrelated thread in the vent may be made called "Jews are evil"
Don't listen to RonpaulfaninGA's bullshit. Sure, some members here may be anti-Semitic. (I have hardly seen any) Most of the supposed anti-Semites are upset with the Israeli lobby, our politician's allegience to Israel seemingly over the American people, and Israel's treatment of Palestine. It is posts like his that literally annoy me.

As for a liberty minded philosophy I really don't care who is racist or anti-Semitic. When they start posting their (fucked up) views here and paint a bad picture I'll call them out on it. Liberty is all encompassing. No matter race or religion.

muh_roads
04-12-2013, 06:54 PM
Reminds me of a similar 'devil's advocate' assignment in health class where I needed to support the cigarette smoking argument.

I was never a smoker. The only thing I could think of is that it was good for girls that wanted to stay thin? lol

tangent4ronpaul
04-12-2013, 07:27 PM
tobacco suppresses appetite, and helps if there is little to nothing to eat.
it acts as a vasodialator and muscle relaxant. (not good if frostbite or hypothermia could be a problem)
eating 1-1.5 will stun worms in your digestive long enough for them to pass
and 3-4 or half a cigar administered rectally via an enema will relax muscle tissue enough to allow you to set a bone.

USEFUL STUFF!

Oh, yeah - and if you are a teen it makes you look all grown up and cool and stuff... :rolleyes:

it's also supposedly harder to kick than heroin.

-t

gwax23
04-12-2013, 07:47 PM
I wrote an assignment from the Confederacy's perspective in high school. Does it mean I supported slavery? No, it's just an academic exercise.

I think this is a fine assignment and helps students gain a more 3 dimensional understanding of WWII and all the forces involved, even though "Jews are evil" doesn't very well sum up the Nazi perspective.

That was your choice. Forcing kids to write this is a different story. The teacher could of used far less controversial topics why this was the number one is curious.

Smart3
04-12-2013, 08:56 PM
Jews are evil? I know a lot of people who would LOVE to do this assignment.

RickyJ
04-12-2013, 09:01 PM
"You must argue that Jews are evil, and use solid rationale from government propaganda to convince me of your loyalty to the Third Reich,” the assignment reportedly read. A third of the students refused.

Where the heck were teachers like this when I was in school? Damn, all I got was propaganda from a Jewish teacher about the holohoax.

phill4paul
04-12-2013, 09:04 PM
That was your choice. Forcing kids to write this is a different story. The teacher could of used far less controversial topics why this was the number one is curious.

Far less controversial? Remember this one?

http://newsone.com/1071875/niko-burton-mock-slave-auctio/

Child Humiliated By Mock Slave Auction At Elementary School

GAHANNA, Ohio — An African-American mother and son were astonished after a History teacher at Chapelfield Elementary School held a mock slave auction, dividing the class into “Slaves” and “Masters”. The class only had two black students in the class; one was assigned “Master”, and the other, Nikko Burton, was assigned “Slave”.

Burton, 10, was sent to his seat after he refused to be poked, prodded, and be humiliated during the reenactment. A spokeswomen for the school maintains that the lesson is part of a “state required” curriculum.

While a representative for the school has apologized to the family over the phone, 10 year old Burton wishes that the teacher would have apologized to him personally.

“He felt degraded, he was hurt and the kids picked on him later,” Aneka Burton [Nikko's mother] said. “I feel like that was totally inappropriate; it was racist and it was degrading.”

QuickZ06
04-12-2013, 09:08 PM
What is the teacher's screen name here?

Da fuck are you smokin?

kcchiefs6465
04-12-2013, 09:13 PM
Da fuck are you smokin?
RonPaulFanInGA adds a similar response to most threads that mention Israel. He'll give his sly smart-assed remarks and leave.

Christian Liberty
04-23-2013, 11:53 AM

The CSA has no comparison to the Nazis at all. The CSA fought for independence. Of course, they had slaves, which was wrong, but the reason for the war was the North wouldn't let the South go.

Besides the fact, slavery is not nearly as bad a fate as torture and murder.

brandon
04-23-2013, 12:00 PM
I think it's great to try and make students think out of the box and argue from a view point they don't agree with. In my college public speaking class, for one debate I chose to argue in favor of music censorship. I think I really gained a lot from that.

Brian4Liberty
04-23-2013, 12:08 PM
"Students, your assignment is to compare and contrast this thread with a previous thread: Student suspended after refusing to step on Jesus (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?408592-Student-suspended-after-refusing-to-step-on-Jesus/)"

Sam I am
04-23-2013, 12:49 PM
The assignment actually is fairly interesting.

My assumption is that the purpose of the assignment was to force students to try and understand what was going on in the heads of whom we considered out enemies at the time, so that they can have a better grasp of the history.

The ability, or event he desire to understand your opposition is something that is seriously lacking in today's world(and it was lacking in the past too for that matter)

enjerth
04-23-2013, 01:18 PM
"Students, your assignment is to compare and contrast this thread with a previous thread: Student suspended after refusing to step on Jesus (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?408592-Student-suspended-after-refusing-to-step-on-Jesus/)"

Yes, that's great material as well.

Student suspended for refusing to step on Jesus
vs.
Teacher suspended for instructing students to study the propaganda of the Nazi state

Who are "the evil Jews" in this generation?

Christian fundamentalists, end-time believing "patriots"?

The principal group of people who, although not being Jewish, may look forward to a biblically-based nation of Israel? (Albeit somewhat different from Jewish aspirations.)

Brian4Liberty
04-23-2013, 05:20 PM
Yes, that's great material as well.

Student suspended for refusing to step on Jesus
vs.
Teacher suspended for instructing students to study the propaganda of the Nazi state

Comparison: Both assignments attempted to force students to question norms and break taboos. How hard is it to deviate from prior conditioning? Can Pavlov's dog's resist drooling when the bell rings?

Contrast: One taboo was easy to break for all but one student. That student was suspended. The other taboo was so strong that a third of the class rebelled and the instructor was suspended.