PDA

View Full Version : Schumer-Toomey-Manchin Gun Control Bill: Cuts HIPAA Privacy for Mental Health Records

sailingaway
04-12-2013, 04:26 PM
We've been discussing this. If your doctor is a gun phobic liberal you might want to find a different doctor -- not that they are going to be easy to find, under Obamacare: http://t.co/OjrYDTdaC1

sailingaway
04-13-2013, 08:14 PM
bump

Anti Federalist
04-13-2013, 08:17 PM
bump

Probably one of the biggest stories of the past few years right here.

The ramifications and precedent this sets is stunning and chilling.

Wait until employers start doing this.

And not a fuck is given...*sigh*

sailingaway
04-13-2013, 08:25 PM
Doctors are not notably pro guns. Many doctors who see a disproportionate number of wounds and may be gun phobic liberals will have the ability to 'list' people so they can't get guns -- without the patient even knowing until they file for a gun. No where was the dr trained in due process or chosen by the patient for this purpose. A doctor you chose for convenience may be Nancy Pelosi's clone who thinks anyone who has an AR 15 has proven thereby imbalance sufficient to prevent them from having guns, and can list every gun owner, or at least every one with a sense of humor they don't understand, so they can't get guns.

AND it is private medical information the doctor would be giving out.

Anti Federalist
04-13-2013, 08:43 PM
Doctors are not notably pro guns. Many doctors who see a disproportionate number of wounds and may be gun phobic liberals will have the ability to 'list' people so they can't get guns -- without the patient even knowing until they file for a gun. No where was the dr trained in due process or chosen by the patient for this purpose. A doctor you chose for convenience may be Nancy Pelosi's clone who thinks anyone who has an AR 15 has proven thereby imbalance sufficient to prevent them from having guns, and can list every gun owner, or at least every one with a sense of humor they don't understand, so they can't get guns.

AND it is private medical information the doctor would be giving out.

The mere desire to own a gun is de facto evidence of a mental imbalance.

No guns for you.

But like I said, nobody gives a fuck.

ETA - Oh and of course they will: See Something, Say Something.

sailingaway
04-13-2013, 08:43 PM
Something I hadn't considered but just saw tweeted: Obamacare will create a national abortion registry.

CPUd
04-13-2013, 09:19 PM
Doctors in general are not going to go for this; regardless of their politics, it interferes with their ability to treat patients, trust issues and whatnot.

Anti Federalist
04-13-2013, 09:33 PM
Doctors in general are not going to go for this; regardless of their politics, it interferes with their ability to treat patients, trust issues and whatnot.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m03dutXOzM1qbxmbeo1_500.gif

Doctors will do precisely what all of us do, that is, exactly what is required for compliance.

If people die because of this, they will not give a shit, any more than anybody else.

They'll do the compliance Step-n-Fetchit, just like all the rest of us, and they won't say shit.

phill4paul
04-13-2013, 10:00 PM
Doctors will do precisely what all of us do, that is, exactly what is required for compliance.

If people die because of this, they will not give a shit, any more than anybody else.

They'll do the compliance Step-n-Fetchit, just like all the rest of us, and they won't say shit.

One cannot be a Doctor without a licence. It's major jail time to have the knowledge and be a practitioner and not have a license.

Even this compliance shows you where they will stand.

CPUd
04-14-2013, 03:21 AM
I'm talking about the way it is now, before it becomes a real requirement and the lobbyists are looking for some kind of support from the medical/mental health community.

If it gets passed, they will do what they will do.

Although the lobbyists involved in this thing are fairly well-entrenched in the health care legislation as well:

http://influenceexplorer.com/organization/mehlman-vogel-castagnetti-inc/8595a50e311d4b2fbca37ca0b1367676

Lindsey
04-14-2013, 04:23 AM
One cannot be a Doctor without a licence. It's major jail time to have the knowledge and be a practitioner and not have a license.

A way around this may be to use a naturopathic doctor. If you live in a state that does not license Naturopathic doctors, you can find a doctor who has gone through a naturopathic medical school, but can only practice as a 'medical consultant' in your state, while being licensed in another state, (such as OR or CA.) Since they are not licensed in the state they are practicing in, they shouldn't be forced to comply with the laws that apply to licensed physicians either.

kathy88
04-14-2013, 05:00 AM
My doc is a Liberty guy.

ghengis86
04-14-2013, 06:20 AM
i dont have a doctor and havent seen one in almost a decade. i can get a perscription if i need one (that's rare) and if i lop a finger off there's always the ER. I can envision going most of the rest of my life without needing much in the form of a doctor. that being said, all it would take would be one ER visit and some little brainwashed snitch right out of med-school....

this commie country sucks...and the pill-popping, American-Idol addicts who 'can't live without the 'scrips/doc' will go along happily.

where can i get my soma?

ghengis86
04-14-2013, 06:26 AM
My doc is a Liberty guy.

those aren't that common, so good for you.

i remember when we had to get our daughter a physical to attend school and the lady doc was very nice and asked lots of questions, like "does it hurt anywhere when you run around?" "Do you ever get find it hard to breathe when you play?" Then she asked, 'do you wear a helmet when you ride your bike?'

i almost lol'd when my daughter smiled and looked a the doc like she was an idiot and said, "no". you could tell by the look on the lady docs face that she thought we were the most backward, idiotic, horrible people on the planet. I knew she probably made a note of that and i was somewhat surprised we didn't get a visit from child services.

we're trying to find a new general practice doc for the fam, but liberty and our socialized medicine don't seem to be making any bedfellows...

Anti Federalist
04-14-2013, 10:23 AM
///