PDA

View Full Version : ‘The neo-conservative era is dead’: Ron Paul announces DC think-tank

sailingaway
04-12-2013, 02:17 PM
http://rt.com/files/news/1e/b5/a0/00/000_was7330523.si.jpg

http://rt.com/usa/institute-neocon-ron-paul-786/

Ron Paul has been retired from Congress for only a few months, but he’s certainly not shying away from politics. The former US representative has already announced his new project: the Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity.

In a press release sent to the media Friday afternoon, the Ron Paul camp confirms that the long-time Texas representative will launch a think-tank of sorts in order to carry on his ideologies after his time in office has ended.

“After decades in and out of the US House of Representatives leading the call for a non-interventionist foreign policy and the protection of civil liberties, Dr. Paul is launching a revolutionary new vehicle to expand his efforts. The Institute will serve as the focal point of a new coalition that crosses political, ideological and party lines,” the statement begins.

According to the press release, the Ron Paul Institute will focus mainly on two issues: education and coming generations.

“It will fill the growing demand for information on foreign affairs from a non-interventionist perspective through a lively and diverse website, and will provide unique educational opportunities to university students and others,” his office says.

“The neo-conservative era is dead. The ill-advised policies pushed by the neo-cons have everywhere led to chaos and destruction, and to a hatred of the United States and its people. Multi-trillion dollar wars have not made the world a safer place; they have only bankrupted our economic future. The Ron Paul Institute will provide the tools and the education to chart a new course with the understanding that only through a peaceful foreign policy can we hope for a prosperous tomorrow.”

Ron Paul, 77, says he will formally unveil his latest endeavor next Wednesday at a conference in Washington, DC, only a stone’s throw from the congressional office he occupied for nearly three decades. Slated to attend the conference are the members of the Institute’s board of advisors, which contains a number of high-profile names including noted economist Lew Rockwell, the CEO of the Ludwig von Mises Institute and a longtime collaborator of Paul’s — he served as the congressman’s chief of staff from 1978 to 1982, and later advised the politician as he vied for the presidency.

Also on the Institutes board is Rep. Walter Jones, Jr. (NC), Rep. John Duncan, Jr. (TN), former Rep. Dennis Kucinich (OH) and Judge Andrew Napolitano.

more: http://rt.com/usa/institute-neocon-ron-paul-786/

Trust Ron's pop culture impairment to put this out on the news sink of a Friday instead of waiting for what is apparently his formal announcement on Wednesday.... :rolleyes:

PatriotOne
04-12-2013, 02:22 PM
Slated to attend the conference are the members of the Institute’s board of advisors, which contains a number of high-profile names including noted economist Lew Rockwell, the CEO of the Ludwig von Mises Institute and a longtime collaborator of Paul’s — he served as the congressman’s chief of staff from 1978 to 1982, and later advised the politician as he vied for the presidency.

Also on the Institutes board is Rep. Walter Jones, Jr. (NC), Rep. John Duncan, Jr. (TN), former Rep. Dennis Kucinich (OH) and Judge Andrew Napolitano.

Interesting board. Ron Paul think tank vs. Rockefeller think tank (CFR). "Let's get ready to ruuummblllleeee!"

sailingaway
04-12-2013, 02:24 PM
Slated to attend the conference are the members of the Institute’s board of advisors, which contains a number of high-profile names including noted economist Lew Rockwell, the CEO of the Ludwig von Mises Institute and a longtime collaborator of Paul’s — he served as the congressman’s chief of staff from 1978 to 1982, and later advised the politician as he vied for the presidency.

Interesting board.

Yeah, but one of them is on Fox with Hannity and this means Fox never has to have Ron on they can just ask Kucinich about stuff, pegging it as 'the other team' whenever they want, and they already ignore Ron.

Ron would never keep that from having him pick good people, though, because Ron is a much better person than I am on his behalf.

PatriotOne
04-12-2013, 02:28 PM
Yeah, but one of them is on Fox with Hannity and this means Fox never has to have Ron on they can just ask Kucinich about stuff, pegging it as 'the other team' whenever they want, and they already ignore Ron.

Ron would never keep that from having him pick good people, though, because Ron is a much better person than I am on his behalf.

Kucinich is a great talker though and I doubt Ron cares whether he ever has to go be interviewed on MSM again. He's probably fine having someone else do it.

PatriotOne
04-12-2013, 02:33 PM
Another board member according to Reason: Ambassador Faith Whittlesey

http://reason.com/blog/2013/04/12/ron-paul-to-launch-foreign-policy-instit

TaftFan
04-12-2013, 02:36 PM
I'd like to see some more foreign policy experts on the board, but its a good start getting big names to join.

sailingaway
04-12-2013, 02:51 PM
Kucinich is a great talker though and I doubt Ron cares whether he ever has to go be interviewed on MSM again. He's probably fine having someone else do it.

K doesn't present it as well or as persuasively as Ron does to a conservative audience, which is the audience Fox has. And Ron may be fine with it, I'm just saying I'm not fine with it. I want RON'S ideas to have maximum exposure.

sailingaway
04-12-2013, 02:53 PM
I'd like to see some more foreign policy experts on the board, but its a good start getting big names to join.

I'm sure there will be, and maybe are.

PatriotOne
04-12-2013, 02:59 PM
Kucinich would have a prob tying non-interventionist foriegn policy to liberty. Perhaps K's there to be a bridge to the Dems. Out of all of them (besides Ron) I would think Lew would be a better spokesman to tie the policies together.

sailingaway
04-12-2013, 05:26 PM
Yeah, another reason I want Ron to be the spokesperson.

VoteRandPaul2016
04-12-2013, 05:27 PM
I have a lot of problems with Kucinich -- but I am glad he is sane on foreign policy.

sailingaway
04-12-2013, 09:24 PM
I hope there will be a lot more flesh on the bones, on Wednesday!

itshappening
04-12-2013, 09:37 PM
I'm delighted with this.

I wonder if he's going to endow the institute with the rest of his campaign funds? if he does that makes complete sense and will get it off to a good start.

Please Ron do it. You have $1m sitting there. This can be used to hire staff, do important research offer scholarships and so on.

I couldn't think of a better use for that money.

ClydeCoulter
04-12-2013, 09:40 PM
I'm hoping that Kucinich will surprise us all, in a good way. He would be a great ally. :)

LibertyEagle
04-12-2013, 10:14 PM
I'm delighted with this.

I wonder if he's going to endow the institute with the rest of his campaign funds? if he does that makes complete sense and will get it off to a good start.

Please Ron do it. You have $1m sitting there. This can be used to hire staff, do important research offer scholarships and so on.

I couldn't think of a better use for that money.

Please link to your source that shows that there was one million dollars left in the campaign.