PDA

View Full Version : Rep. Stockman floats new slogan: ‘If babies had guns, they wouldn’t be aborted

TaftFan
04-12-2013, 01:28 PM
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/04/12/rep-stockman-floats-new-slogan-if-babies-had-guns-they-wouldnt-be-aborted/

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BHnXTueCEAE8Nsc.jpg

jbauer
04-12-2013, 01:29 PM
LOL, probably going to regret putting that out there but its still funny.

brandon
04-12-2013, 01:29 PM
we got a winner here folks. Pure political genius :rolleyes:

luctor-et-emergo
04-12-2013, 01:35 PM
He should have replaced 'guns' with 'rights'.
Makes much more sense and would probably create sympathy rather than animosity.
This is one (effective) way to retire tough.

TaftFan
04-12-2013, 01:42 PM
He should have replaced 'guns' with 'rights'.
Makes much more sense and would probably create sympathy rather than animosity.
This is one (effective) way to retire tough.

He's not going anywhere. He got 71% of the vote in 2012.

kcchiefs6465
04-12-2013, 01:48 PM
Was that before or after this slogan? Aside from it not making any sense, it would seem to me to be politically stupid. I'm sure some of the late night shows will have a field day with it.

luctor-et-emergo
04-12-2013, 01:48 PM

Probably, but it looks like a serious attempt.

NewRightLibertarian
04-12-2013, 01:58 PM
Great slogan, I hope it catches on

kcchiefs6465
04-12-2013, 02:16 PM
Great slogan, I hope it catches on
How so? The fact that the gun probably weighs more than the aborted fetus, the baby couldn't pull the trigger, and the baby couldn't be able to discern who to aim at to defend its life all stick out to me that the slogan makes no sense. Even if the fetus had a gun it could and probably would still be aborted. I don't understand the point he is trying to make. How about, 'If the mother wasn't morally backwards, babies wouldn't be aborted.' Or, 'If Anne Murphy had a gun, more students would still be alive.' Mixing the two together makes absolutely no sense. It is simply for shock value, and most people who are on the fence or stuck in their beliefs will not pay it any attention. Aside to ridicule it on late night television, that is.

RonPaulFanInGA
04-21-2013, 08:49 PM
Was that before or after this slogan? Aside from it not making any sense, it would seem to me to be politically stupid. I'm sure some of the late night shows will have a field day with it.

He's in one of those gerrymandered districts, where he can do or say just about anything and always be reelected. Incumbents almost never lose in primaries, and usually then it's because they were too liberal/conservative for their party's base; you don't get beat as an incumbent in a primary for the U.S. House by being a too-conservative Republican or too-left-wing Democrat. Unless he murders someone on camera, the district won't elect a Democrat over him.

The late night shows will never mention it, because he's too obscure. He's not a U.S. Senator, nor a Congressman with a super-high profile like Michele Bachmann.