PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Rand overtakes Rubio in favorability ratings

itshappening
04-12-2013, 10:45 AM
The wheels are coming off quicker than I thought for young Marco.

-
Poll: Paul more favorable than Rubio among Republicans

(CNN) – Republican Sens. Rand Paul and Marco Rubio–both elected in 2010–have been at the center of much hype in the political arena this year as they've taken on high-profile roles and are considered potential 2016 presidential candidates.

Rubio and Paul delivered the GOP and tea party responses, respectively, to the State of the Union in February and gave speeches at last month's major gathering for conservatives known as CPAC.

And a new poll released Friday indicates that Paul has a slightly higher favorability rating among Republicans and independents, as well as higher name recognition, than Rubio.

According to the NBC News/Wall Street Journal survey, Paul, who was elected with strong tea party support in Kentucky, comes in at 53% among Republicans, and 32% among independents.

Rubio's favorable rating among Republicans, meanwhile, is 48%. Among independents, the Florida senator is at 27%.

SOURCE:
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/04/12/paul-edges-rubio-among-republicans-in-new-2016-poll/
-

Throwing in with Chucky Schumer and ramming an immigration bill through Congress should further erode his favorables.

Prediction: He leaves Schumer's gang and ends up voting against the immigration bill to save his flagging ratings.

T.hill
04-12-2013, 12:09 PM
Wow, better name recognition and better favorability ratings? I still would like Rand to stay 2nd in national polls for awhile, to keep heat on Rubio rather than Rand.

AuH20
04-12-2013, 12:15 PM
Rubio is destoying his political future with this insane immigration bill. He will go the way of the Rick Perry. Guaranteed.

NY-Dano
04-12-2013, 12:16 PM
Prediction: He leaves Schumer's gang and ends up voting against the immigration bill to save his flagging ratings.

Looks like that's not going to happen:

Marco Rubio is preparing to go all in to support sweeping immigration legislation, offering himself up as the public face of a bill that will split the Republican Party — but that his allies hope will propel him to the front of the GOP presidential sweepstakes.

After offering lukewarm support until now, Rubio is preparing to fully embrace a measure that is the most significant of his political career so far. The gambit could pay off in spades by crowning a leading presidential contender in 2016, or it could permanently damage the Republican’s brand with conservatives.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/04/marco-rubio-immigration-bill-89979.html#ixzz2QH4N6POy

itshappening
04-12-2013, 12:19 PM
He'll backtrack soon. Just watch.

You've got a front seat at watching a politician squirm, backtrack and collapse.

It's going to be fun!

AuH20
04-12-2013, 12:23 PM
The New York Times even went as far to say that this bill is a joke, in terms of actual border enforcement. Rubio is a lying scumsucker. That's all I know. The Cuban John McCain.

jbauer
04-12-2013, 12:27 PM
He'll backtrack soon. Just watch.

You've got a front seat at watching a politician squirm, backtrack and collapse.

It's going to be fun!

Lets hope that it doesn't happen to Rand.

itshappening
04-12-2013, 12:33 PM
Lets hope that it doesn't happen to Rand.

He's a lot smarter than Rubio.

MRK
04-12-2013, 12:34 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-vpE6uMJ37dk/UOScrne47aI/AAAAAAAAEL4/Ki-4IWO-SoY/s1600/ron-paul.gif

PatriotOne
04-12-2013, 12:35 PM
We certainly don't have the excuse of Rand not getting any media coverage like Ron. I can't think of a single politician who has dominated the media like Rand has this past 6 months.

itshappening
04-12-2013, 12:37 PM
We certainly don't have the excuse of Rand not getting any media coverage like Ron. I can't think of a single politician who has dominated the media like Rand has this past 6 months.

Nobama dominates it everyday.

THINK OF THE CHILDREN!1!!

... just not the ones in Pakistan that I'm blowing to bits every week.

Bastiat's The Law
04-12-2013, 12:43 PM
I thought this wouldn't happen for at least another year!

Jeremy
04-12-2013, 01:57 PM
Wonderful comments.

itshappening
04-12-2013, 02:01 PM
And so it begins...

Gov. Perry is calling on Rubio to walk away from the Gang:

http://www.therightscoop.com/gov-rick-perry-to-rubio-stand-up-and-condemn-immigration-bill-and-step-away-from-it-as-far-as-you-can/

Watch Rubio squirm. He's in a no win situation by throwing in with Chucky Schumer who's determined to ram through an awful bill. He has no idea what he's doing. They will chew young Marco up and spit him out. Schumer is ruthless.

He's going to have to walk away sooner or later.

compromise
04-12-2013, 02:43 PM
Paul still has higher ratings among Romney voters than Rubio, 62%-56%
Good news. Rand's chances at the 2016 nomination seem to be getting higher by the day.

itshappening
04-12-2013, 02:46 PM
EXCLUSIVE: ICE Union President: Rubio Must 'Leave' the Gang of 8

Immigrations and Customs Enforcement agents’ union president Chris Crane called on Florida Republican Sen. Marco Rubio to abandon the bipartisan “Gang of Eight” in the U.S. Senate pushing immigration reform on Friday in a statement obtained exclusively by Breitbart News.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/04/12/EXCLUSIVE-ICE-Union-President-Rubio-must-leave-the-Gang-of-8
-

Teehee. This is happening faster than I thought.

The opportunists have sensed an opening; they've seen Rubio's flagging ratings and are now pressuring him.

itshappening
04-12-2013, 02:46 PM
I forgot that Tricky Dicky Durbin is also part of this Gang. Rubio is involved with some of the most ruthless Democrat politicians of our generation and he thinks they're going to let him have some sort of victory or balanced bill?

He's more naive than I thought.

The Free Hornet
04-12-2013, 03:23 PM
EXCLUSIVE: ICE Union President: Rubio Must 'Leave' the Gang of 8

Immigrations and Customs Enforcement agents’ union president Chris Crane called on Florida Republican Sen. Marco Rubio to abandon the bipartisan “Gang of Eight” in the U.S. Senate pushing immigration reform on Friday in a statement obtained exclusively by Breitbart News.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/04/12/EXCLUSIVE-ICE-Union-President-Rubio-must-leave-the-Gang-of-8
-

Teehee. This is happening faster than I thought.

The opportunists have sensed an opening; they've seen Rubio's flagging ratings and are now pressuring him.

If the ICE union chief is on the other side, I'm inclined to think Rubio is on the right one. Note all the mention of "effort to accomplish enforcement". That's money in HIS union. He doesn't want the US to realize that his people are ineffective and a waste of money.

Ending the welfare state should be strategy numero uno! I don't care about birthright citizenship, but if it can be used to reduce entitlements, then great. End the public schools. End social security. Defund the MIC! Et cetera! But let's not keep this guy in charge of a union even FDR would frown upon.

devil21
04-12-2013, 03:29 PM

That's fine, let him start the flip flopping now. He'll have a long list by the time candidates voting records start getting scrutinized for 2016.

itshappening
04-12-2013, 03:38 PM
Rubio is headed to the Sunday propaganda shows!

is he about to double down on what sounds like an awful bill?

This is like watching a slow-motion train wreck.

I agree with others though we want him around a bit longer. No good imploding now.