PDA

View Full Version : Connecticut Sen. pleads with Murdoch and Fox: Don't air 'NRA 500' NASCAR race

RonPaulFanInGA
04-12-2013, 09:30 AM
http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2013/04/connecticut-sen-pleads-with-murdoch-dont-air-nra-161502.html

Connecticut Sen. Chris Murphy is pleading with Rupert Murdoch, the chairman and CEO of News Corporation, which owns the Fox Sports channel, not to air a National Rifle Association-sponsored NASCAR race scheduled for this weekend.

The race "is inappropriate in the immediate wake of the Newtown massacre," Sen. Murphy wrote on Thursday in a letter to Murdoch, referencing the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting that took place in Murphy's home state last December.

The NASCAR Sprint Cup, which is set to take place at the Texas Motor Speedway on April 13, will be the first top-level NASCAR race the NRA has sponsored, following smaller races hosted in the past. The winners of the races are awarded with revolvers, while the fastest qualifier is given a shotgun, according to a report from CNN.

In his letter to Murdoch, Sen. Murphy argued that the race "not only brings national attention to an organization that has been the face of one side of this heated debate, it also features the live shooting of guns at the end of the race."

JK/SEA
04-12-2013, 10:24 AM
ratings for this race will be epic.

cajuncocoa
04-12-2013, 10:26 AM
I'm not a NASCAR fan, but I might watch just to piss off the tyrants.

DGambler
04-12-2013, 10:59 AM
fuck him, small minded piece of shit Nazi.

liberalnurse
04-12-2013, 11:37 AM
Man, just give it a rest already. Never let a crisis go to waste is an understatement. They just don't get it.

Yieu
04-12-2013, 11:41 AM
In his letter to Murdoch, Sen. Murphy argued that the race "not only brings national attention to an organization that has been the face of one side of this heated debate, it also features the live shooting of guns at the end of the race."

But what about the children?!

amy31416
04-12-2013, 11:51 AM
But what about the children?!

I hope this Murphy guy voted against all the war resolutions and war funding bills. A heck of a lot more children have died by guns that way.

talkingpointes
04-12-2013, 11:53 AM
Even without the publicity people can joke about NASCAR all day, it's a money-maker like non other that I have seen. Tickets are like 100$ per person. My aunt and uncle watch, and partake in all this NASCAR and they are a wine and tie crowd. I don't know what it is but NASCAR makes a lot of people happy - so I like it to by proxy.

Restore America Now
04-12-2013, 11:59 AM

I guess we will need several huge, obnoxious Parental Advisory and Mature Content warnings plastered all over the screen. :rolleyes:

KramerDSP
04-12-2013, 12:17 PM
As a northerner who nOw lives in Florida and attended the Coke-Zero 400 at Daytona, I can tell you that NAScAR cannot truly be understood or appreciated until you have seen it live in person. Love the sport now!

Barrex
04-12-2013, 12:27 PM
They are making another left turn....................OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooO OUUUUUUUUUUUUUaaaaaaaaaaaaa.... and the crowd goes crazy....

Yes I am mocking it...

roho76
04-12-2013, 12:30 PM
They should send a letter back asking them to please not exploit the Newtown massacre.

Grubb556
04-12-2013, 12:34 PM
Are the revolvers nice and high quality ?

VBRonPaulFan
04-12-2013, 12:37 PM
They should send a letter back asking them to please not exploit the Newtown massacre.

Best possible response.

supermario21
04-12-2013, 12:38 PM
Pretty soon Mayor Bloomberg is going to speak out against the Coca Cola 600 and Pepsi 400 and the like...

roho76
04-12-2013, 12:47 PM
He'll make it the Coca Cola 300 and the Pepsi 200, because 600 and 400 are to much.

jbauer
04-12-2013, 01:14 PM
I'm not a NASCAR fan, but I might watch just to piss off the tyrants.

Think I'll turn on both my receivers and tune them to this race even though I've never have and never will watch a nascar race. But I want to give them the ratings.

HOLLYWOOD
04-12-2013, 01:20 PM
Marxist nutcases like Connecticut Sen. Chris Murphy. Always wrong, treating the effect, instead of the problem-cause. Meh, slime-balls that play populist political propaganda games.
As a northerner who nOw lives in Florida and attended the Coke-Zero 400 at Daytona, I can tell you that NAScAR cannot truly be understood or appreciated until you have seen it live in person. Love the sport now!Love watching NASCAR Daytona races... reminds me of Congress.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrR4ZWcqOyA

satchelmcqueen
04-12-2013, 02:49 PM
sandy hook is fast becoming the NEW 911.