PDA

View Full Version : Idaho restricts drone use by police agencies amid privacy concerns

CaseyJones
04-12-2013, 08:49 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/idaho-restricts-drone-police-agencies-amid-privacy-concerns-024225503.html

Idaho's Republican governor signed a law on Thursday that restricts use of drone aircraft by police and other public agencies as the use of pilotless aircraft inside U.S. borders is increasing. The measure aims to protect privacy rights.

In approving the law, which requires law enforcement to obtain warrants to collect evidence using drones in most cases, Idaho becomes the second U.S. state after Virginia to restrict uses of pilotless aircraft over privacy concerns.

"We're trying to prevent high-tech window-peeping," Idaho Senate Assistant Majority Leader Chuck Winder, sponsor of the measure in the Republican-led Idaho legislature, told Reuters earlier this year as the bill was pending in the legislature.

more at link ^

Keith and stuff
04-12-2013, 09:11 AM
That's what the bill in NH was designed to do but liberty folks claimed it wasn't good enough so they stopped it. Good for ID, though. I understand the argument that isn't isn't a perfect bill but it slightly increases liberty, IMO.

CaseyJones
04-12-2013, 02:37 PM
That's what the bill in NH was designed to do but liberty folks claimed it wasn't good enough so they stopped it. Good for ID, though. I understand the argument that isn't isn't a perfect bill but it slightly increases liberty, IMO.

gonna have to chisel it all down.. what we need is more hammers

sailingaway
04-13-2013, 08:15 PM
bump

Anti Federalist
04-13-2013, 09:54 PM
In approving the law, which requires law enforcement to obtain warrants to collect evidence using drones in most cases, Idaho becomes the second U.S. state after Virginia to restrict uses of pilotless aircraft over privacy concerns.

Well, color me a nattering nabob of negativity tonight but, I see "most" cases, now being "few" and the "few and rare" cases where drones are used without warrants to become the norm.

Anti Federalist
04-13-2013, 09:54 PM

phill4paul
04-13-2013, 10:01 PM
Well, color me a nattering nabob of negativity tonight but, I see "most" cases, now being "few" and the "few and rare" cases where drones are used without warrants to become the norm.

No. You've pretty much cut through the bullshit.

Anti Federalist
04-13-2013, 10:03 PM
No. You've pretty much cut through the bullshit.

Losing my tolerance for bullshit anymore.

phill4paul
04-13-2013, 10:13 PM
Losing my tolerance for bullshit anymore.

I know. I got to go through a papers check today. At least they were polite. Glad it didn't escalate. Knowing there mentality and mine I'm just glad it worked out.