PDA

View Full Version : Empty media seats at Abortion Monster trial

itshappening
04-12-2013, 07:37 AM
http://cdn.breitbart.com/mediaserver/Breitbart/Big-Journalism/2013/04/12/Gosnellmediaseating.jpg

The picture above, for what it’s worth, is of the reserved media seats at the Gosnell trial. It was taken by JD Mullane, a news writer and columnist for the Bucks County Courier Times, The Intel and the Burlington County (NJ) Times. He says:

Sat through a full day of testimony at the Kermitt Gosnell trial today. It is beyond the most morbid Hollywood horror. It will change you.

I was surprised by the picture and asked “really?” He responded “Local press was there, Inky, PhillyMag, NBC10 blogger. Court staff told me nobody else has shown up.”

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/04/12/Photo-Empty-Reserved-Media-Seating-at-Abortion-Doc-Trial

tod evans
04-12-2013, 07:40 AM
Dead babies don't sell papers...

Origanalist
04-12-2013, 07:58 AM
I shouldn't be surprised, but I am. Actually I'm dumbstruck. Our society, is it worth saving?

tod evans
04-12-2013, 07:59 AM
I shouldn't be surprised, but I am. Actually I'm dumbstruck. Our society, is it worth saving?

The world's due for a plague...

VBRonPaulFan
04-12-2013, 08:03 AM

They're just following the recent American tradition of avoiding dealing with your problems in any way possible. It's much easier to ignore something like this than to actually deal with it. Sickening, this is the same reason why politicians get away with so much bullshit. We've turned into a nation of scrubs who refuse to deal with reality.

Origanalist
04-12-2013, 08:05 AM
They're just following the recent American tradition of avoiding dealing with your problems in any way possible. It's much easier to ignore something like this than to actually deal with it. Sickening, this is the same reason why politicians get away with so much bullshit. We've turned into a nation of scrubs who refuse to deal with reality.

Reality has a funny way of making you deal with it one way or another. Ignoring it just makes the reckoning that much harder.

jclay2
04-12-2013, 08:06 AM
Why would they want to expose something they are in agreement with?

A Son of Liberty
04-12-2013, 08:20 AM
They're just following the recent American tradition of avoiding dealing with your problems in any way possible. It's much easier to ignore something like this than to actually deal with it.

Disagree. If this were for a mass murderer or a serial killer, the room would have been overflowing with media.

itshappening
04-12-2013, 08:22 AM
Disagree. If this were for a mass murderer or a serial killer, the room would have been overflowing with media.

I can't believe you approved of something I posted. Am I no longer a traitor/collaborator/war criminal?

A Son of Liberty
04-12-2013, 08:25 AM
I agree or disagree based on the merit of each post/argument. I don't think I ever called you any of those things.

S.Shorland
04-12-2013, 08:27 AM
They won't report it because it makes an emotional connection between the abstract 'woman's body,her medical choice' and the reality of screaming flesh being torn apart.Emotional connection trumps abstract ideas.

It doesn't make them as bad as him but it makes them less than they should be.

Origanalist
04-12-2013, 08:27 AM
Where is our "save the children" president and his propaganda posse?

VBRonPaulFan
04-12-2013, 08:28 AM

In my defense, they're just there for the show and not the actual content of the trial. Watch the circus following that 'media attention' on one and you'll see what I mean.

tod evans
04-12-2013, 08:28 AM
Where is our "save the children" president and his propaganda posse?

Get with the agenda mundane or expect internment...

AuH20
04-12-2013, 08:33 AM
Hear no evil. Speak no evil. See no evil. Of course, they'll spend inordinate time promoting conformity and mindless consumption.

S.Shorland
04-12-2013, 08:49 AM
Someone famous needs to sit in there.Any famous pro-life people contactable?

AuH20
04-12-2013, 08:58 AM

Martin Sheen? Jack Nicholson?

SchleckBros
04-12-2013, 09:23 AM
#Gosnell has been trending all morning on Twitter.

itshappening
04-12-2013, 09:49 AM
Abortion Doc 'Gosnell' Is Most Searched Term on Politico, Yields Zero Matches

The media will tell you they are all about news, sensationalism, "if it bleeds it leads," ratings, money, fulfilling demand, and clicks -- but that is all a lie.

Over at Politico, the number-one "most searched" term is "kermit gosnell," the abortion doctor currently on trial in Philadelphia for the murder of seven babies.

That search yields zero matches.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/04/12/Kermit-Gosnell-Abortion-Doc-Is-Most-Searched-Term-on-Politico-Yields-Zero-Matches
-

The sheeple didn't get the memo that POLITICO is a known establishment rag and propaganda outfit for the US government.

Alternative media will thrive.

kathy88
04-12-2013, 10:07 AM
They were following the Sandy Hook families around. Priorities, folks. Gun control so there will be no more innocent victims. It's not like with abortion..... oh wait...

georgiaboy
04-12-2013, 10:33 AM
for some reason, this story had completely missed my radar screen. This story, and discussions about it, should be everywhere! but it just isn't.

Such moral decay, brushed under the rug. My stomach is literally lurching.

chudrockz
04-12-2013, 10:36 AM

You mean it ISN'T for that?

Cowlesy
04-12-2013, 12:34 PM
I read Dave Weigel and Conor Friedersdorf's pieces on the trial. Almost enough to make one physically ill.

angelatc
04-12-2013, 01:42 PM
I read Dave Weigel and Conor Friedersdorf's pieces on the trial. Almost enough to make one physically ill.

I read someone who said it was life changing.

angelatc
04-12-2013, 01:44 PM

Paging Janine Turner. Ms Turner to the microphone, please!

There's another one that comes to mind - crap! She played the conservative DA on Law and Order. Angie something, maybe? I seem to recall that Patricia Heaton is pro-life, as is Justin Bieber.

JorgeStevenson
04-12-2013, 01:52 PM
The real tragedy is the left's response. They are taking this as a sign to double down on abortion. Basically, since the right is trying to make abortions more difficult to obtain, it creates a market for guys like Gosnell to come in and exploit.

http://www.salon.com/2013/04/12/there_is_no_gosnell_coverup/

After all, the question is not just why the state failed to respond to the complaints of women and advocates who visited the clinic, although that matters hugely. It’s why women kept going there anyway: because they felt they had no alternative. Read this account from Jeff Deeney, a social worker from Philadelphia, who points out that the lack of public funding for abortion is a big factor leading desperate women to Gosnell: “It’s worth noting for outsiders that Health Center #4 which serves the same neighborhood is the best in town, providing quality care for the uninsured poor. But Health Centers don’t do abortions, and Medicaid, where a TANF mom’s insurance coverage would come from, if she had any at all, doesn’t pay for them. And for these women the cost of paying for an abortion out of pocket breaks the budget, leaving mom scrambling to make next month’s rent or possibly wind up on the street.” Cost is also how women often get past the legal gestational limit, as they struggle to save up enough money — and Gosnell’s willingness to break the law was what made him their last chance. To everyone who thinks his case was a reason for more abortion restrictions: What he did was already illegal.