PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul on Chain Link Fences

BirdsAreWild
11-24-2007, 09:04 PM
One way that you can show your support for Ron Paul if you have a chain link fence.

Get some styrofoam cups and insert them into the openings to spell out the message RON PAUL 2008.

This would be a great way to get his name out to people in your neighborhoods and it would not cost a lot!!!!!!

bbachtung
11-24-2007, 09:05 PM
Do you have a picture or some sort of diagram?

Oh, and welcome to the Forums.

krott5333
11-24-2007, 09:09 PM
Do you have a picture or some sort of diagram?

Oh, and welcome to the Forums.

its not hard to picture..

cups.. shoved into the fence.. one after another, to create letters, and ultimately, words.

AdoubleR
11-24-2007, 09:12 PM
Welcome Patriot and thanks for the idea!

gornandez@yahoo.com
11-24-2007, 09:17 PM
i tried this earlier.,,.. but it takes a lot of cups! at least to spell it legibly... good luck and go for it! but bring xtra :)

McDermit
11-24-2007, 09:18 PM
People around here do it with cloth rags or ribbons, all tied around the links.

They do it for the football games and stuff whenever a local team makes it to playoffs.

TechnoGuyRob
11-24-2007, 09:20 PM
its not hard to picture..

cups.. shoved into the fence.. one after another, to create letters, and ultimately, words.

Hahahahaha. :p

EDIT:

http://i8.tinypic.com/6o0ztxz.png

Happy? ;-)

ladyliberty
11-24-2007, 09:26 PM
Does this give u an idea of how it is done?

http://www.oakharborcheer.com/FenceCups.jpg

stown
11-24-2007, 09:52 PM
Wow, what a great idea!

I have about 1200 feet of chain link fence, 900 of which are visible to passing traffic.

I wonder if foam cups can be spray painted red and blue for better visibility?

I've seen red and blue plastic drink cups. I wonder if they would stick in the fence as well as foam cups? I think I will experiment. :)

weatherbill
11-24-2007, 09:55 PM
nice idea! Very inexpensive and great way to advertise!!!

Man from La Mancha
11-24-2007, 10:03 PM
What about Christmas lights put in those cups?

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/9435/blackwsmallyh7.gif (teaparty07.com)...copy, paste

bbachtung
11-24-2007, 10:07 PM
Wow, what a great idea!

I have about 1200 feet of chain link fence, 900 of which are visible to passing traffic.

I've seen red and blue plastic drink cups. I wonder if they would stick in the fence as well as foam cups? I think I will experiment. :)

It probably works with plastic cups as well (I've seen plastic cups the same size as styrofoam in blue and red).

Thanks for the engineering schematics, TechnoRob.

weatherbill
11-24-2007, 11:11 PM
Hey, I just went to walmart, picked up a bunch of cups and wrote Ron Paul on the fence near the interstate. There's a high school fence there........it was excellent. I dressed in black and put them all in a black trash bag, in case a cop was gonna see me.....I got away with it!LOL..... I feel like I'm back to my mischievious days in high school...........boo! excellent! It only cost me like $4 in cups....

You want to get the letters like 8 to 10 cups long, like when you're starting the "R" for Ron..... 10 cups big would be best........ if you're shooting for something really big, then go with more, but I found doing 8 cups big was good, but 10 cups big in a row would have been the perfect size.....I may go in the morning and get a picture of what I did and post it here

mopar.bo
11-24-2007, 11:19 PM
yeah, get a picture. I'd like to see it, maybe post it on myspace.

steph3n
11-24-2007, 11:20 PM
Wow, what a great idea!

the foam will melt with spray paint, I know I tried it in 4th grade :D

bbachtung
11-24-2007, 11:27 PM
Do NOT link it to your MySpace page; trust me.

I'm sure what you meant to say here is that you saw that someone had done what you'd just read about on the forum.

axiomata
11-24-2007, 11:59 PM
"Ron Paul on Chain Link Fences"

I was waiting for a thread about RP's stance on chain link fences. ;)

And not to be a downer or anything, but this is not very environmentally friendly. What happens when wind or some kids knock out all the non-biodegradable styrofoam cups?

Flirple
11-25-2007, 12:22 AM
To do this right you need to buy both white cups and those red disposable plastic cups (no need to paint silly) and do the letters in one color and the background in another. Otherwise it won't be that noticeable. It takes a lot of cups but if it is your property and you knew it would be up for a while it is totally worth it and will make a big impression.

Also, another even cheaper way to make an unorthodox sign is of course to shovel out (down to the grass/dirt) "Ron Paul 4 Prez" into a snow covered hill that is visible from a busy road.

Man from La Mancha
11-25-2007, 12:26 AM
To do this right you need to buy both white cups and those red disposable plastic cups (no need to paint silly) and do the letters in one color and the background in another. Otherwise it won't be that noticeable. It takes a lot of cups but if it is your property and you knew it would be up for a while it is totally worth it and will make a big impression.

Also, another even cheaper way to make an unorthodox sign is of course to shovel out (down to the grass/dirt) "Ron Paul 4 Prez" into a snow covered hill that is visible from a busy road.
Or what about spray painting snow banks, no harm in that.

Flirple
11-25-2007, 12:46 AM
Or what about spray painting snow banks, no harm in that.

Yeah I though about that. Do you think it would work? Does a can of spay paint function in below zero temps? I wonder how it would show up on the snow. Or maybe use food coloring? Anybody out there who has snow on the ground right now want to try this out and let us know if it works?

axiomata
11-25-2007, 12:52 AM
Yeah I though about that. Do you think it would work? Does a can of spay paint function in below zero temps? I wonder how it would show up on the snow. Or maybe use food coloring? Anybody out there who has snow on the ground right now want to try this out and let us know if it works?
Can we use yellow "paint"?

Man from La Mancha
11-25-2007, 12:52 AM
Just keep the can warm in the car or under ones coat.IMO Take pictures too, thanks:)

OptionsTrader
11-25-2007, 12:54 AM
I think the chemicals in paint would drastically lower the melting point of solid ice much like salt and you would end up wth a nasty gooey mess.

Flirple
11-25-2007, 01:01 AM
I think the chemicals in paint would drastically lower the melting point of solid ice much like salt and you would end up wth a nasty gooey mess.

Thats what I suspect as well. There must be a something that would work though.

I do really believe that shoveling out letters into a snow covered hillside has a lot of potential if you select a hillside that is seen by a busy road.