PDA

View Full Version : Newtown families: Victims turn lobbyists

itshappening
04-11-2013, 10:46 PM
Here we go folks. Establishment rag POLITICO has started the roll out of the Newtown families. Expect them to be all over the Sunday propaganda shows conducting emotional interviews with Schieffer, Stephanopoulos and Candy Crowley. Expect wavering Republicans to be wheeled out on NBC's Meet The Press to be badgered by David Gregory. This is a classic propaganda show being put on to build support for their big surprise on Monday or early next week which will likely be the assault weapons ban and ammo restrictions.

The liars will swear blind all weekend that 'no one is talking about banning firearms' and 'no one is going to restrict your 2nd Amendment' but just wait until Monday or next week if the debate in the Senate is still going. The Bill is called the Second Amendment Protection Act (!). How Orwellian.

They're not just doing all this for expanded background checks. They have something far more devious in mind but will spring it on Monday once they've softened up the American public. Welcome to tyranny!

-
Newtown families: Victims turn lobbyists

When a lobbyist for families of Newtown shooting victims called the office of Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) to set up a meeting, the first response was a standard D.C. offer. They could get a meeting with her staff, and a quick and simple “hello” from Collins herself, they were told.

The families’ answer: Not good enough. According to their lobbyists, the families have a rule against staff-only meetings: they won’t do them. They insist on sitting down with the senators themselves.

That rule is just one of the ways that the Newtown families, political novices just a few months ago, are proving to be savvy, effective advocates as they promote the gun legislation that has finally begun to move through the Senate. The families are well-educated, and many are well-off. They have been polished and sharp on TV. They’re mostly non-political, but quite accomplished in their own fields. With access to money and media, they’re using persistence, visibility — and, most all, their unique moral authority — to help prod Senate action. They also have their own lobbyists — several of them, in fact.

They don’t try to sound like wonks or pundits or operatives. They just tell their heart-breaking stories, weaving in a demand for action that is respectful but forceful. As a result, senators respond to them as bereaved parents, not advocates.

“These are smart, articulate people, who don’t have a scintilla of Washington about them,” said Matt Bennett of the centrist Democratic group Third Way, which has been helping the families navigate D.C. “But they virtually cannot be denied a meeting. There are not many groups of people that can get a meeting with any senator they want, whenever they want.”

What started as a support group is now a lobbying force unlike any other to descend on Capitol Hill. The family members typically begin their pitch to senators softly, telling the story of the child that they lost. They gently say they could not have imagined themselves in this position, but they’re doing it to honor the memory of their children. They say they’re supporters of the Second Amendment, and just want to have a conversation.

But there’s nothing subtle about the way some of them conclude their visits: by leaving behind a color card with a photo of their slain relative. Nicole Hockley, who introduced President Barack Obama in Hartford this week, hands senators a card with three photos of her son Dylan, who was 6 when he was gunned down. One frame shows him grinning, in a Superman shirt.

“Dylan Hockley, 3/8/06 – 12/14/12,” the card says. “Honor his life. Stand with us for change. NOW IS THE TIME.”

More State propaganda:
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/04/behind-the-curtain-newtown-89977.html?hp=t1
-

Notice they're working on Susan Collins. Curious how they can say "not good enough" to her suggestion of meeting with staff. These families are from CT not Maine. They have no business demanding to see Susan Collins and making demands but they're desperate to see her because she's one of a handful of Republicans who will likely support the AWB and ammo restrictions. She's a sucker for the emotional appeal and prepared to vote for crap. Bloomberg knows who to target.

Also, as per the quotes, if they're so smart are they incapable of the logic that suggests if the principal had a gun and Sandy Hook wasn't a Gun Free Zone then Lanza would have been taken out before he could mow down their children? Such a thought can't be beyond such smart people can it?

Anti Federalist
04-11-2013, 11:27 PM
That rule is just one of the ways that the Newtown families, political novices just a few months ago, are proving to be savvy, effective advocates as they promote the gun legislation that has finally begun to move through the Senate. The families are well-educated, and many are well-off. They have been polished and sharp on TV. They’re mostly non-political, but quite accomplished in their own fields. With access to money and media, they’re using persistence, visibility — and, most all, their unique moral authority — to help prod Senate action. They also have their own lobbyists — several of them, in fact.

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

― C.S. Lewis

Anti Federalist
04-11-2013, 11:35 PM
My rights are not subject to your emotional appeals.

I did no harm to you people, you have no right to play the role of aggressor against me, no matter how much you may think you have the "moral high ground", you have no right to send your surrogates in your stead to kill me for my refusal to comply.

Do not keep pushing this.

RickyJ
04-12-2013, 01:13 AM
My rights are not subject to your emotional appeals.

I did no harm to you people, you have no right to play the role of aggressor against me, no matter how much you may think you have the "moral high ground", you have no right to send your surrogates in your stead to kill me for my refusal to comply.

Do not keep pushing this.

They don't care what we think, they will keep pushing it.

itshappening
04-12-2013, 08:31 AM
They're laying this on thick at the establishment rag POLITICO:

http://images.politico.com/global/2013/04/11/130411_dylan_hockley_blackbg_605.jpg

tod evans
04-12-2013, 08:41 AM
Thought this'd be a good place to include this Email from my mother....

Guess our national leaders didn't expect this, hmm? Darrell Scott, the father of Rachel Scott, a victim of the Columbine High School shootings in Littleton , Colorado , was invited to address the House Judiciary Committee's subcommittee. What he said to our national leaders during this special session of Congress was painfully truthful.

They were not prepared for what he was to say, nor was it received well. It needs to be heard by every parent, every teacher, every politician, every sociologist, every psychologist, and every so-called expert! These courageous words spoken by Darrell Scott are powerful, penetrating, and deeply personal. There is no doubt that God sent this man as a voice crying in the wilderness.. The following is a portion of the transcript:

"Since the dawn of creation there has been both good & evil in the hearts of men and women. We all contain the seeds of kindness or the seeds of violence. The death of my wonderful daughter, Rachel Joy Scott, and the deaths of that heroic teacher, and the other eleven children who died must not be in vain. Their blood cries out for answers.

"The first recorded act of violence was when Cain slew his brother Abel out in the field. The villain was not the club he used.. Neither was it the NCA, the National Club Association. The true killer was Cain, and the reason for the murder could only be found in Cain's heart.

In the days that followed the Columbine tragedy, I was amazed at how quickly fingers began to be pointed at groups such as the NRA. I am not a member of the NRA. I am not a hunter. I do not even own a gun. I am not here to represent or defend the NRA - because I don't believe that they are responsible for my daughter's death. Therefore I do not believe that they need to be defended. If I believed they had anything to do with Rachel's murder I would be their strongest opponent.

I am here today to declare that Columbine was not just a tragedy -- it was a spiritual event that should be forcing us to look at where the real blame lies! Much of the blame lies here in this room. Much of the blame lies behind the pointing fingers of the accusers themselves. I wrote a poem just four nights ago that expresses my feelings best.

Your laws ignore our deepest needs,
Your words are empty air.
You've stripped away our heritage,
You've outlawed simple prayer.
Now gunshots fill our classrooms,
And precious children die.
You seek for answers everywhere,
And ask the question "Why?"
You regulate restrictive laws,
Through legislative creed.
And yet you fail to understand,
That God is what we need!

" Men and women are three-part beings. We all consist of body, mind, and spirit. When we refuse to acknowledge a third part of our make-up, we create a void that allows evil, prejudice, and hatred to rush in and wreak havoc. Spiritual presences were present within our educational systems for most of our nation's history. Many of our major colleges began as theological seminaries. This is a historical fact. What has happened to us as a nation? We have refused to honor God, and in so doing, we open the doors to hatred and violence. And when something as terrible as Columbine's tragedy occurs -- politicians immediately look for a scapegoat such as the NRA. They immediately seek to pass more restrictive laws that contribute to erode away our personal and private liberties. We do not need more restrictive laws. Eric and Dylan would not have been stopped by metal detectors. No amount of gun laws can stop someone who spends months planning this type of massacre. The real villain lies within our own hearts.

"As my son Craig lay under that table in the school library and saw his two friends murdered before his very eyes, he did not hesitate to pray in school. I defy any law or politician to deny him that right! I challenge every young person in America , and around the world, to realize that on April 20, 1999, at ColumbineHigh School prayer was brought back to our schools. Do not let the many prayers offered by those students be in vain. Dare to move into the new millennium with a sacred disregard for legislation that violates your God-given right to communicate with Him. To those of you who would point your finger at the NRA -- I give to you a sincere challenge:
Dare to examine
your own heart before casting the first stone!

My daughter's death will not be in vain...the young people of this country will not allow that to happen!"...Darrell Scott

Do what the media did not: let the nation hear this man's speech. Please send this out to everyone you can.
God Bless You!

jclay2
04-12-2013, 08:46 AM
How much you want to bet many of these families end up with 6 figure anti-gun lobbying salaries. absolutlely pathetic. What better way to honor your children, then inflict tyranny on the rest of the country.

RonPaulFanInGA
04-12-2013, 09:05 AM
I don't care if it's insensitive to say: I'm getting really sick of these people. Nothing in this bill is going to stop some 20-year-old psychopathic nutjob from stealing someone else's weapons and going on a rampage. Nothing in this bill would have prevented the attack at Sandy Hook. Nothing in this bill will bring their kids back.

Notice how the media ignores that one Newtown parent who's against gun control?

Anti Federalist
04-12-2013, 09:46 AM
They don't care what we think, they will keep pushing it.

I know they will.

Fair Warning.

04-12-2013, 10:17 AM
Notice they're working on Susan Collins. Curious how they can say "not good enough" to her suggestion of meeting with staff. These families are from CT not Maine. They have no business demanding to see Susan Collins and making demands but they're desperate to see her because she's one of a handful of Republicans who will likely support the AWB and ammo restrictions. She's a sucker for the emotional appeal and prepared to vote for crap. Bloomberg knows who to target.

Somebody is running a targeted ad campaign against Collins on this. Because I have a Maine IP address I see them constantly on drudge and some other sites.

I think it's disgusting how Obama and company are exploiting these people for their own gain.

Original_Intent
04-12-2013, 10:20 AM
Somebody is running a targeted ad campaign against Collins on this. Because I have a Maine IP address I see them constantly on drudge and some other sites.

I think it's disgusting how Obama and company are exploiting these people for their own gain.

Yeah, just like in the "thanks women" thread, it isn't really the victims fault, they are being exploited by the most skilled manipulators in the history of the world.

itshappening
04-12-2013, 10:24 AM

And yet the families from CT demand to see Mrs. Collins a duly elected senator from Maine!

They think THEIR opinion is worth more than YOUR opinion or the residents of Maine who elected her!

They really are unreal and have no right to be doing this.

sailingaway
04-12-2013, 10:26 AM
How many parents/families of shot kids are NOT doing this despite encouragement? Because the majority seems to be there.

itshappening
04-12-2013, 10:27 AM
Emotional Newtown Parent Rejects Gun Control:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVJ_lA7Q6Xw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVJ_lA7Q6Xw

tsai3904
04-12-2013, 10:30 AM
WH @PressSec just announced Newtown parent will give White House weekly address

itshappening
04-12-2013, 10:31 AM
We really need to recruit Mark Mattioli.

This is a propaganda war.

Someone suggest to Gun Owners of America that they bring him to DC.

04-12-2013, 10:32 AM
And yet the families from CT demand to see Mrs. Collins a duly elected senator from Maine!

They think THEIR opinion is worth more than YOUR opinion or the residents of Maine who elected her!

They really are unreal and have no right to be doing this.

I doubt the families even were the ones to try and set up the meeting. Some Obama administration minders probably do it and herd them along.

I think Collins would survive politically here voting for more background checks but would not survive voting for an "assault" weapon ban or mag capacity limits.

itshappening
04-12-2013, 10:35 AM
I doubt the families even were the ones to try and set up the meeting. Some Obama administration minders probably do it and herd them along.

I think Collins would survive politically here voting for more background checks but would not survive voting for an "assault" weapon ban or mag capacity limits.

Oh believe me, that's what these families want: background checks, gun registry, AWB and ammo restrictions. That's their wish list and they will be all over your TV screens and the Sunday propaganda shows this weekend weeping and demanding it while Bob Schieffer consoles them.

squarepusher
04-12-2013, 10:38 AM
Does anyone think the whole incidence was planned by anti-gun groups to promote anti-gun laws?

itshappening
04-12-2013, 10:40 AM
Does anyone think the whole incidence was planned by anti-gun groups to promote anti-gun laws?

Who knows. The man in the woods in combat gear sets off alarm bells.

04-12-2013, 11:23 AM
Oh believe me, that's what these families want: background checks, gun registry, AWB and ammo restrictions. That's their wish list and they will be all over your TV screens and the Sunday propaganda shows this weekend weeping and demanding it while Bob Schieffer consoles them.

Their kids were killed. They are grieving and probably don't know what they want right now, but are being manipulated by Obama administration minders.

I did see Schieffer on TV this morning on this issue and the bias is unbelievable.