PDA

View Full Version : I'm reading the RonPaulBlimp website..

krott5333
11-24-2007, 09:01 PM
and I actually think this is an awesome idea :D

i pledged $25. :cool:

www.ronpaulblimp.com

TechnoGuyRob
11-24-2007, 09:09 PM
I was doubtful about being able to raise the money, but the $5000 option fixed everything. :)

krott5333
11-24-2007, 09:10 PM
hmmm.. i wonder if the super bowl could be covered....

AdoubleR
11-24-2007, 09:11 PM
I think there's better ways to get Ron Paul out there money wise, but I also see the media benefit... If it gets running it'll be a great thing... I think it's a big gamble, but go for it and don't let anyone tell you otherwise... Free markets rule!

T206
11-24-2007, 09:13 PM
hmmm.. i wonder if the super bowl could be covered....

Not likely, there are some pretty major security and air space restrictions around the site. It is considered one of THE most highly likely target events by hoomeland security and the NFL. I think its something like a 10 mile airspace restriction.

wisconsinite
11-24-2007, 09:17 PM
Not likely, there are some pretty major security and air space restrictions around the site. It is considered one of THE most highly likely target events by hoomeland security and the NFL. I think its something like a 10 mile airspace restriction.

But just think of the news coverage:

"RON PAUL BLIMP SHOT DOWN BY F-16's OVER THE SUPERBOWL"

jk;)

Man from La Mancha
11-24-2007, 09:35 PM
Not unless the blimb was used to cover the super bowl, I know they will have one but maybe they would like another for show and multiple angels.

BeFranklin
11-24-2007, 09:53 PM

Let Freedom Fly ;)

Matt Collins
11-24-2007, 11:01 PM
A blimp is A BAD IDEA!!!

Here is why:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=40432

Admin note: This single message is allowed, it's a fair opinion to try to educate others without polluting this thread. Most of the flame fest was removed and a proper size to this message was made. (That said, I pledged $100. - Bryan)

Midnight77
11-24-2007, 11:27 PM
I like to give a fair warning, he has some good posts but the spamming negatives gets old

Agreed. But there are a lot of other people that have good posts and his spamming has gotten completely out of control.

It's one thing not to like an idea. So what do you do about it? Obsess over it? Hell, it's not like we only have $350,000 raised all Quarter that is going all to the blimp. We have 9 Million dollars raised this Quarter thus far. That's damn sure as much as the Front Runners like Giuliani, Romney, and Thompson ... if not more.

Now is the time to try some innovative ideas to catch a media blitz. Coordinating this with the 16th, Sunday football games with Millions of viewers, New Year's Eve in New York City which will also have Millions of Viewers, etc. along with our traditional advertising mediums is a risk worth taking, in my view.

NewEnd
11-24-2007, 11:31 PM
Its risky

If we fail, we lose 350,000

if we succeed

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

richk
11-24-2007, 11:52 PM
My initial reaction was this was a bad idea. On the other hand, it's different and could generate alot of buzz. I'm going to pledge $100. :D

jcims
11-25-2007, 10:05 AM
I'm assuming by '100 flying hours' they mean that the rest of the time the blimp is sitting at an airfield. Seems to me this would be a great opportunity for local meetups to host some kind of event (BBQ's in the south, even) and for local media to stop by and interview project personnel and local supporters. Get your picture taken with the Ron Paul blimp in the background, etc.

Sure there's risk involved, but it could end up being one of those iconic images from the campaign. To me the greater benefit is the fact that it will rally the local supports and give everyone that has been slogging away a little boost. There is plenty of opportunity for additional coverage, and the novelty of it is something that will amplify that effect.

I personally think it's a great idea. Nobody is forcing anyone to contribute, and there is nothing to say that the dollars that this project has motivated folks to donate would go to the general fund anyway. Right on the site it has this disclaimer:

Disclaimer: Please donate to the official campaign if you have not already reached your maximum donation limit of $2,300.

Elijah
11-25-2007, 10:36 AM
I'm assuming by '100 flying hours' they mean that the rest of the time the blimp is sitting at an airfield. Seems to me this would be a great opportunity for local meetups to host some kind of event (BBQ's in the south, even) and for local media to stop by and interview project personnel and local supporters. Get your picture taken with the Ron Paul blimp in the background, etc.

Sure there's risk involved, but it could end up being one of those iconic images from the campaign. To me the greater benefit is the fact that it will rally the local supports and give everyone that has been slogging away a little boost. There is plenty of opportunity for additional coverage, and the novelty of it is something that will amplify that effect.

I personally think it's a great idea. Nobody is forcing anyone to contribute, and there is nothing to say that the dollars that this project has motivated folks to donate would go to the general fund anyway. Right on the site it has this disclaimer:

There are many changes we have had to make for the blimp in regards to the model of which this will work upon. Details are coming soon!

It is in the best interest of one thing - to get Ron Paul elected president!

The owner has graciously upped the flying time from 100 hours to 160 hours.

Bryan
11-25-2007, 01:20 PM
Off-topic flame fests get deleted. Please take it to PM.

Thanks! :)

Man from La Mancha
11-25-2007, 07:16 PM
There are many changes we have had to make for the blimp in regards to the model of which this will work upon. Details are coming soon!

It is in the best interest of one thing - to get Ron Paul elected president!

The owner has graciously upped the flying time from 100 hours to 160 hours.
WOW, thats fantastic!!!

AgentPaul001
11-25-2007, 11:51 PM
I think this is a very cool idea, but wasn't sure about pledging before....but seeing so many others do it.....I just pledged $25.....I'm still going to contribute the same amount to the campaign, but this idea is so cool its worth digging deep!

Man from La Mancha
11-25-2007, 11:56 PM
I think this is a very cool idea, but wasn't sure about pledging before....but seeing so many others do it.....I just pledged $25.....I'm still going to contribute the same amount to the campaign, but this idea is so cool its worth digging deep!
Exactly, me too. This damn thing has just coerced $50 out me I wouldn't have spent. Now no eating out this week:p

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1539/blackwsmalldv3.gif (teaparty07.com)ronpaulblimp.com...donate both

NewEnd
11-26-2007, 12:03 AM
I kind of wish the raffle was for two seats, though, so you could bring someone along.

Hook
11-26-2007, 12:08 AM
Its risky

if we succeed

Hardly any risk to the average $100 donor. If it doesn't work at all, oy vey:D

austin356
11-26-2007, 12:12 AM
It would be awesome if the feds shot down the Ron Paul blimp over an event.

Elijah
11-26-2007, 12:14 AM
I kind of wish the raffle was for two seats, though, so you could bring someone along.

Noted!

Primbs
11-26-2007, 12:22 AM
Its risky

if we succeed

If we take no risks, we fail.

If we take risks, we might win.