PDA

View Full Version : Natural News Facebook account suspended for posting Ghandi quote

sailingaway
04-11-2013, 10:01 PM
This one:

http://www.naturalnews.com/gallery/articles/Gandhi-Quote-Banned-By-Facebook-600.jpg

http://www.naturalnews.com/038484_Gandhi_quote_Facebook_censorship.html#ixzz2 QDa4gtbi

TaftFan
04-11-2013, 10:07 PM
old news

sailingaway
04-11-2013, 10:14 PM
really? It is on twitter a bunch tonight.

Origanalist
04-11-2013, 10:16 PM
It's not to me, thanks for posting.

Origanalist
04-11-2013, 10:19 PM
Facebook declares war on human history
What's especially alarming about all this is that Gandhi himself was of course a champion of resistance against tyranny. To banish quotes from Gandhi is much like banning quotes of freedom from Martin Luther King (who also openly supported concealed firearms, by the way, and who personally owned an entire "arsenal" of firearms).

What's next? Will Facebook ban quotes by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington? Any and all patriots, founding fathers and liberty lovers throughout history might soon be stricken from the Facebook servers, and any who dare to post historical quotes supporting liberty, the Bill of Rights, or the Second Amendment risk having their accounts terminated and all content deleted.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/038484_Gandhi_quote_Facebook_censorship.html#ixzz2 QDfHmyap

It certainly would no longer surprise me.

Natural Citizen
04-11-2013, 10:30 PM
This happened some time ago. Since then it's happened to many more people. Subsequently folks are then required to present their "papers please" to reinstate the account. Drivers license and whatnot. And they do so willingly. Is a hoot.

Anti Federalist
04-11-2013, 10:32 PM
This happened some time ago. Since then it's happened to many more people. Subsequently folks are then required to present their "papers please" to reinstate the account. Drivers license and whatnot. And they do so willingly.

FarceBook...

This is why we can't have nice things.

Origanalist
04-11-2013, 10:35 PM
I'm just out of the loop I guess, I don't facebook.

Natural Citizen
04-11-2013, 10:40 PM
really? It is on twitter a bunch tonight.

There was actually a decent discusson on it here on the board some place when it first happened.

BlackTerrel
04-11-2013, 11:49 PM
Facebook declares war on human history
What's especially alarming about all this is that Gandhi himself was of course a champion of resistance against tyranny. To banish quotes from Gandhi is much like banning quotes of freedom from Martin Luther King (who also openly supported concealed firearms, by the way, and who personally owned an entire "arsenal" of firearms)

Except they didn't actually ban quotes from Gandhi did they?

Facebook has systems in place when people complain and sometimes pages just go down for pages at a time (including individuals I know who don't do anything even remotely controversial). That's what happens when you have a billion users.

RickyJ
04-11-2013, 11:54 PM
Except they didn't actually ban quotes from Gandhi did they?

Facebook has systems in place when people complain and sometimes pages just go down for pages at a time (including individuals I know who don't do anything even remotely controversial). That's what happens when you have a billion users.

They censored a post of mine before anyone even had a chance to see it. I posted the thing, then poof, it was gone. It was about gun control, Romney, Obama, puppets and the elite.

tangent4ronpaul
04-12-2013, 12:30 AM
They locked my account in 2007, I think. Seems I had sent e-mails that were too similar, and while the content of each differed, it still triggered a account freeze for spam. I was at the time contacting all the RP artists across the various social media and RP sites and forming the Ron Paul Graphics group.

I don't use facebook much anymore, and they have NEVER censored me. Where I do get censored a lot is here. 3 posts tonight, even!

-t

BlackTerrel
04-12-2013, 07:39 PM
They censored a post of mine before anyone even had a chance to see it. I posted the thing, then poof, it was gone. It was about gun control, Romney, Obama, puppets and the elite.

So do 50 million other facebook users.... really? This article is claiming quotes from Gandhi are banned? Yeah....

RickyJ
04-12-2013, 07:55 PM
So do 50 million other facebook users.... really? This article is claiming quotes from Gandhi are banned? Yeah....

I am just stating my personal experience with facebook of course, I have no idea what they do and do not censor from other users. So your point again? Yeah...