PDA

View Full Version : Can we primary the anti-Filibuster GOP Senators in 2014?

DeadheadForPaul
04-11-2013, 05:02 PM
Not sure if any are vulnerable but worth a shot since many of them are in conservative states

Do any of the following have legit primary challengers?:

South Carolina: Graham
Tennessee: Alexander
Georgia:Chambliss
Mississippi: Wicker
Maine: Collins

compromise
04-11-2013, 05:17 PM
Chambliss is retiring.

I believe Paul Broun is the liberty candidate in the race to replace him.

Primarying out a Republican in Maine from the right is impossible, the state is too progressive.

dillo
04-11-2013, 06:15 PM
Pat toomey, people in pa hate gun control

Smart3
04-11-2013, 07:32 PM
Nancy Mace
Rep. Duncan
Reps. Broun or Kingston
St. Sen Chris McDaniel
Scott D'Amboise

sailingaway
04-11-2013, 07:43 PM

he has 3000+ comments on his facebook already.

Stockman retweeted this, thought it was funny:

Rep. Steve Stockman ‏@ReElectStockman now
RT @TheRickWilson: This will never lead to a gun registry, because if you like your health insurance plan, you can keep it.

compromise
04-12-2013, 06:03 AM
Rep. Duncan

He has an 84% lifetime score from the Club and an 83% from FW. He's not that conservative, only really a little more so than Paul Ryan (he is a lot more so than Walter Jones, however) and 2012 was a particularly bad year for him on the scorecard front. That could hurt him with funding if he primaries Alexander.

jbauer
04-12-2013, 11:11 AM
I'd love to see Alexander go down but name recognition and money probably wont work out in our favor.

Spoa
04-12-2013, 11:26 AM
He has an 84% lifetime score from the Club and an 83% from FW. He's not that conservative, only really a little more so than Paul Ryan (he is a lot more so than Walter Jones, however) and 2012 was a particularly bad year for him on the scorecard front. That could hurt him with funding if he primaries Alexander.

Plus he already endorsed Alexander for re-election (in fact, he is the chairman of the re-election campaign): http://www.lamaralexander.com/2012/12/congressman-duncan-will-chair-sen-alexander-s-2014-re-election-campaign

04-12-2013, 11:33 AM
Chambliss is retiring.

I believe Paul Broun is the liberty candidate in the race to replace him.

Primarying out a Republican in Maine from the right is impossible, the state is too progressive.

Actually no, it's possible but extremely risky. Lepage is pretty far right and won. But he only won because of a three way race. If Collins was primaried successfully, which could be done the GOP is pretty far right here, you would also need an independent to draw votes from the democrat to win the general or you risk losing the general.

Only the rural republicans do. Primary Toomey and you risk losing in the general with all the democrats from pittsburgh and philly.

Acala
04-12-2013, 11:46 AM
I would suggest that they ALL need to be reminded that gun owners have a LONG memory. If Tom Foley can be taken out, so can they.