PDA

View Full Version : How to answer Don Black smear attempts

perpetualstateofwar
11-24-2007, 08:57 PM
I keep seeing MSM stories about this Don Black character. Is anyone else aware this guy was supporting Bush during the 2000 recount in Florida? This should be used to counter any future attacks on Dr. Paul's association with Don Black. If you see a smear article be sure and email the author and leave comments to story with this information. If you hear a talk show host bring it up call in and counter with this information. We have to aggressively refute these smear attempts. Sources linked below.

http://www.takimag.com/blogs/article/give_the_money_back_hell_no/

http://www.villagevoice.com/news/0046,ladd2,19934,6.html

TechnoGuyRob
11-24-2007, 09:01 PM
Uh....how does that help us?

perpetualstateofwar
11-24-2007, 09:06 PM
How would it not help us? It puts them back on the defensive. You are basically asking why don't they hold President Bush to the same standard they do Dr. Paul? I've been following national politics for 20 years and I've learned you can't sit back and just let this stuff get out into the public without aggressively responding to these type of attacks.

atilla
11-24-2007, 09:09 PM
if you ignore them, they will get bored and go away. didn't you learn that in kindergarten?

Harald
11-24-2007, 09:22 PM
I asked Bydlak about attention the campaign is getting from creepy white supremacists, and whether if they discovered donations from specious people they'd give them back. "If people hold views that the candidate doesn't agree with, and they give to us, that's their loss," he said. What if the campaign keeps getting scrutiny as its coffers grow? "The scrutiny is a perfect sign of how this campaign is growing."

http://reason.com/blog/show/123347.html

perpetualstateofwar
11-24-2007, 09:26 PM
if you ignore them, they will get bored and go away. didn't you learn that in kindergarten?

Wrong. I've been seeing this same attack being recycled for the past month. If you let someone bully you and don't fight back it'll never stop. Didn't you learn that in Kindergarten?

hocaltar
11-24-2007, 09:28 PM
Don't be so quick to judge people. Maybe Mr. Black has heard the message and come around to embrace it. Maybe not. The only person who knows for sure is Mr. Black.

Ginobili
11-24-2007, 09:29 PM
Didn't etheir of you learn that Kindergarten has nothing to do with the real world? :P

Flash
11-24-2007, 09:30 PM
Go to Black's website and ask him to stop his open support for Ron Paul. Its That easy.

jenninlouisiana
11-24-2007, 09:36 PM
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/press-releases/15/ron-paul-is-highest-polling-republican-among-black-voters/

You can digg it... click on the link and digg it.

Press Releases › Ron Paul is Highest-Polling Republican Among Black Voters

[Email this] [Print this]
October 24, 2007 10:12 am EST

ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA--Public opinion service Rasmussen Reports recently released data indicating that Texas congressman Ron Paul is the top Republican presidential candidate among African-American voters.

1200 individuals were polled and asked if they preferred Ron Paul to Democratic presidential candidates Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton. 33 percent of Black voters chose Congressman Paul over Senator Clinton and 31 percent over Senator Obama. Rasmussen Reports polled voters on their preference for the other GOP contenders over Clinton and Obama, and all polled lower than Congressman Paul. John McCain was preferred over Clinton and Obama by 24 and 16 percent, and Mitt Romney by 20 and 27 percent, respectively. Rudy Giuliani was only preferred to Clinton by 15 percent, and to Obama by 17 percent.

Congressman Paul’s support among African-Americans is much higher than what Republicans have received in recent presidential elections. CNN’s 2004 presidential election exit polls show that Democrat John Kerry was preferred over George Bush by 88 percent.

The RealClearPolitics Insider Advantage Poll from early October also indicated that Dr. Paul was the leading Republican candidate among Black voters in key primary state, New Hampshire.

“Dr. Paul is the candidate who brings Americans together,” said Paul campaign manager Lew Moore. “His unifying message of freedom, peace, and prosperity is drawing supporters of all backgrounds back into the Republican party.”

Rasmussen Reports conducted preference polls for Ron Paul between October 12 and 14. Preference polls for Rudy Giuliani were conducted October 8 through 9 and 15 through 16, and for Mitt Romney and John McCain between October 10 and 11 and 17 through 18.

TheNewYorker
11-24-2007, 09:38 PM
Go to Black's website and ask him to stop his open support for Ron Paul. Its That easy.

He can support whomever he likes.

SlapItHigh
11-24-2007, 09:43 PM
I don't think there is much to answer. So what if an ignorant racist person chooses to donate to Ron Paul's presidential campaign. Some ignorant racist people like freedom too. The freedom movement is about freedom for all...that includes ignorant racist people too. It isn't as if all the other candidates *only* have donors without hate or ignorance.

I like Ron Paul because he supports an individuals right to think and do whatever that individual wants as long as he does not infringe upon the rights of others. That thinking can include racist thoughts and the doing can include a racist donating to an honest campaign.

TheNewYorker
11-24-2007, 09:46 PM
Don Black isn't a racist but you are 100% right, you should judge a candidate not by his supporters but by the candidate himself.

Flash
11-24-2007, 09:48 PM
Don Black isn't a Nazi, hes a racial seperatist. However its still bad media.

constituent
11-24-2007, 09:50 PM
too many labels

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pcosmar
11-24-2007, 09:51 PM
It is such an ignorant smear it does not require a response.

atilla
11-24-2007, 10:02 PM
Didn't etheir of you learn that Kindergarten has nothing to do with the real world? :P

ALL I REALLY NEED TO KNOW I LEARNED IN KINDERGARTEN (http://www.amazon.com/Really-Need-Know-Learned-Kindergarten/dp/034546639X/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1195963286&sr=8-1);)

Flash
11-25-2007, 10:18 AM
I just thought of a brilliant idea. If a news network decides to report this story, we should simply email their sponsors like we did to Glenn Beck.

Dary
11-25-2007, 06:54 PM
Hate groups wish to advance:

Hate
Violence
Fear

Ron Paul wishes to promote:

Freedom
Prosperity
Peace

Ron Paul converts money that would be used for bad into money that will be used for good.

I wish ALL hate groups contributed ALL of their money to Ron Paul.

torchbearer
11-25-2007, 06:58 PM
I question the intention of the person who started this thread... anyone who creates hate and division amongst us is suspect. This is false propaganda and to post threads about it only hurts the people who are trying to help america.

Stop, for the love of humanity, even if you are an agent of deceit, for the love of all that is decent, stop participating in the manipulation and enslavement of our people.

jmdrake
11-25-2007, 11:17 PM
I question the intention of the person who started this thread... anyone who creates hate and division amongst us is suspect. This is false propaganda and to post threads about it only hurts the people who are trying to help america.

Stop, for the love of humanity, even if you are an agent of deceit, for the love of all that is decent, stop participating in the manipulation and enslavement of our people.

Actually this is the most constructive "Don Black" thread I've seen. (It's ironic that his last name is "Black".)

Most of these threads have been of the ilk "Ron Paul should return the money" or "Ron Paul should address this." Instead the OP gave a simple easy answer. Next time someone brings up DB and RP on a blog you can just post a link to DB and GW. RP doesn't have to bother with it. If you don't want to use the info you don't have to.

Regards,

John M. Drake