PDA

View Full Version : Brian Manifee accuses Rand of being a "product of white privilege"

compromise
04-11-2013, 02:12 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2307094/Protestor-white-supremecy-sets-tone-Rand-Pauls-gutsy-speech-majority-black-audience-Howard-University.html

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/04/10/article-2307094-1939E817000005DC-553_634x471.jpg
Brian Menifee, a Howard student, unfurled a banner in the middle of Paul's remarks that indicated how much of an uphill climb Republicans have in front of them.
'Howard University Doesn't Support White Supremacy,' the banner read, a picture of which was taken outside by a Huffington Post reporter.
Campus police tackled him and released him outside the building, but the audience heard him shouting 'Yo, get the f--- off of me!' as he was led away.
Manifee said after the event that police 'threw me to the ground.'
'I wasn't saying that Paul is a white supremacist,' he told MailOnline. 'But he's the product of white privilege, so take that for whatever you think it means. It takes some real you-know-what for a white Republican to come here and speak.'

Asked if he had ever protested a white Democratic speaker with the same banner, Manifee replied, 'Well, no. We just made the banner for this event. But Bill Clinton was the last - maybe the only - white Democrat to show up at Howard and talk to us like we were grown-ups.'

itshappening
04-11-2013, 02:21 PM
Rand Paul studied hard and was in the top 5% of his class at Duke Medical School.

Perhaps this student could learn from his example?

sailingaway
04-11-2013, 02:21 PM
well it worked, he got his name in the paper.

and here you are raising his profile.

compromise
04-11-2013, 02:24 PM
well it worked, he got his name in the paper.

and here you are raising his profile.

I don't think a few people on a Ron Paul forum significantly raises his profile.

I was more trying to point out the sheer stupidity of the left.

Sam I am
04-11-2013, 02:26 PM
ITT: feeding trolls

sailingaway
04-11-2013, 02:41 PM
I don't think a few people on a Ron Paul forum significantly raises his profile.

I was more trying to point out the sheer stupidity of the left.

Why don't you go google Rand Paul by date and see what comes up? This forum is usually very high for Rand and Ron and the thread titles become google titles as articles do.

Brian4Liberty
04-11-2013, 02:54 PM
We just made the banner for this event.

That's interesting for a banner that looks as though it has been folded and unfolded quite a few times, so much so that some of the paint has worn off.

AuH20
04-11-2013, 03:27 PM
Rand is such an ambassador for white privilege with that million dollar wardrobe he displays. LOL

BamaAla
04-11-2013, 03:29 PM
Dude is misguided, but why the hell was he tackled?

cajuncocoa
04-11-2013, 03:30 PM
Rand is such an ambassador for white privilege with that million dollar wardrobe he displays. LOLIt doesn't matter if you spent your entire life in a trailer park...the left will always portray any white person as "privileged".

compromise
04-11-2013, 04:55 PM
Why don't you go google Rand Paul by date and see what comes up? This forum is usually very high for Rand and Ron and the thread titles become google titles as articles do.

Why are you going after me and not the guy talking about what Maddow or anyone else critical of Rand is saying? This subforum is filled with topics about what so-and-so said about Rand.

Most people will see the title of this topic and think it's absurd. I doubt anyone will actually believe it.

I am by no means a Rand hater. I strongly support Rand Paul and agree with him on everything.

torchbearer
04-11-2013, 05:29 PM
white devil. no facts, just hate while accusing the person of being a hater.

MRK
04-11-2013, 05:48 PM
Yep, it's not good that he got tackled, seemed pretty unjust. Although otherwise, this would've been a nonevent. It's interesting that one could say I am a product of 'white privilege' and didn't get any press coverage when I was tackled completely out of the blue by two undercover cops while at a college football tailgating event and given no reason for such. Nor do millions of others, black and white, who get abused by cops for no reason.

They made sure to breathalyze me, too, after I told them I was 19, and blew a 0.00 in front of a crowd of hundreds of people, after threatening to taze me no less than 3 times every time I tried to move my face out of the dirt. That's not embarrassing or anything, being emasculated after zero provocation and not being able to fight back without felonies.

Of course when there's a politically charged event, like at Howard yesterday, I understand there's going to be magnifying glasses over anything that happens.

Inkblots
04-11-2013, 06:06 PM
Yes, lighter skinned people probably enjoy some subtle socionomic advantages, but how is that relevant to anything? Does Rand Paul being a product of white privilege have any bearing on what he said in his speech or the conservation he was trying to start at Howard? This yahoo doesn't even try to justify it as relevant: "so take that for whatever you think it means"? It's silly.

KrokHead
04-11-2013, 06:59 PM
Rand has the privilege of having more sensible political opinions than most.

BlackTerrel
04-11-2013, 07:16 PM
I doubt Rand is popular among the Howard crowd.... that said looks like this guy attracted a crowd of two so he's not exactly speaking for the majority either.

If this guy had been tackled and it had been another politician would we have looked at it differently?

torchbearer
04-11-2013, 07:21 PM
I doubt Rand is popular among the Howard crowd.... that said looks like this guy attracted a crowd of two so he's not exactly speaking for the majority either.

If this guy had been tackled and it had been another politician would we have looked at it differently?

depends on event i guess. but a good question. had rand been at a private political event, and his people roughed up some protestors- i'd be miffed. unless the protestors were using violence themselves, of course. but if rand was at a university event, that is policed by campus security. then i wouldn't care that they were wrestled out. i assumed the institution did not approve of the activity. it wasn't rand trying to silence someone.

BlackTerrel
04-11-2013, 08:44 PM
depends on event i guess. but a good question. had rand been at a private political event, and his people roughed up some protestors- i'd be miffed. unless the protestors were using violence themselves, of course. but if rand was at a university event, that is policed by campus security. then i wouldn't care that they were wrestled out. i assumed the institution did not approve of the activity. it wasn't rand trying to silence someone.

I agree. I'm sure they didn't ask Rand at all. Just typical thugs.

torchbearer
04-11-2013, 08:45 PM
I agree. I'm sure they didn't ask Rand at all. Just typical thugs. How does, 'i assumed the institution did not approve of the activity.' translate into 'just typical thugs'? am i missing something, or did you try to misrepresent what i wrote? are you being dishonest?

phill4paul
04-11-2013, 08:46 PM
******s gonna ***.

BlackTerrel
04-11-2013, 08:51 PM
How does, 'i assumed the institution did not approve of the activity.' translate into 'just typical thugs'? am i missing something, or did you try to misrepresent what i wrote? are you being dishonest?

Typical thugs are the guys who threw him down.

Not Rand. Not the institution.

I was agreeing with you.

torchbearer
04-11-2013, 08:55 PM
Typical thugs are the guys who threw him down.

Not Rand. Not the institution.

I was agreeing with you. I don't even see those guys as thugish. and this is why- If Dr. Carson came to Louisiana College to speak, and some dumb racist rednecks came in the event with a hate banner- i'd be very embarrassed by their behavior. i'd feel like it made LC look bad if they didn't remove them from their campus. LC doesn't stand for hate against anybody because of the skin color.

jj-
04-11-2013, 08:58 PM
I still can't understand what the heck is white privilege supposed to mean.

torchbearer
04-11-2013, 09:00 PM
I still can't understand what the heck is white privilege supposed to mean. there was a time in history where people were held back economically because of their skin color. this gave light skinned families an economic advantage. that advantage was passed to their children.

MelissaWV
04-11-2013, 09:00 PM
I still can't understand what the heck is white privilege supposed to mean.

Well you apparently get life points for being pale, and then on top of that you get life points for being rich... or at least upper middle class... by birth. It is, if you're dealing in cliches and ignoring a whole lot of other factors, the ideal position from which to start your life and gives you the best chance of being successful.

... or something.

jj-
04-11-2013, 09:03 PM
and if you by accident discover LSD you have an unearned advantage over everyone else. Should you apologize and feel bad for that?

torchbearer
04-11-2013, 09:04 PM
they hate rand for things he didn't do, nor did his family advocate. that is what makes their poster absurd. if david duke was giving a speech at that event. i'd expect such posters, and i may even expect them to be allowed- since they were the truth. duke is a white supremacist.

torchbearer
04-11-2013, 09:05 PM
and if you by accident discover LSD you have an unearned advantage over everyone else. Should you apologize and feel bad for that? should a child be held responsible for the sins of his father?

osan
04-11-2013, 09:23 PM
Perhaps this student could learn from his example?

BWAAAAAAAA HAA HAA HA HAHA...

Oh, you were serious.

Hooboy.

osan
04-11-2013, 09:27 PM
white devil. no facts, just hate while accusing the person of being a hater.

How amusing are the little ironies of profoundly and stupidly corrupt people.