PDA

View Full Version : Is the Nov 30th money bomb too close to Dec 16th?

James R
11-24-2007, 08:50 PM
I think the Nov 30th event is too damaging to the 16th event. I don't support it for that reason.

ItsTime
11-24-2007, 08:52 PM
there is no such thing as too close. We need ads in New Hampshire NOW! McCain has dropped over a million in ads here in the past few weeks and Rudy has been playing them 24/7.

James R
11-24-2007, 09:07 PM
there is no such thing as too close. We need ads in New Hampshire NOW! McCain has dropped over a million in ads here in the past few weeks and Rudy has been playing them 24/7.

If that were true, we should have a money bomb every day and every hour. If you put two real bombs close together it defeats the point of having two of them. If you put two money bombs close together it also defeats the point of having two of them. Only its even worse with money bombs, because the Nov 30th money bomb actually sucks out energy from the Dec 16th money bomb.

TechnoGuyRob
11-24-2007, 09:14 PM
There is absolutely no reason for it. We should just donate ASAP. The 16th is a "bomb" because it's meant to be huge: break records and cause media attention.

Nov 30th won't.

James R
11-24-2007, 09:21 PM
The 16th is a "bomb" because it's meant to be huge: break records and cause media attention.

Nov 30th won't.

Agreed! Those who believe Ron Paul needs money now need to give it immediately, rather than wait.

McDermit
11-24-2007, 09:26 PM
We definitely needed another Nov 30 vs Dec 16 thread.

austin356
11-24-2007, 10:00 PM
We definitely needed another Nov 30 vs Dec 16 thread.

Why? there is no real "vs"

VS implies a competition, and there is no competition between a couple hundred K's $$ and multi-millions.

sharedvoice
11-24-2007, 11:46 PM
If that were true, we should have a money bomb every day and every hour. If you put two real bombs close together it defeats the point of having two of them. If you put two money bombs close together it also defeats the point of having two of them. Only its even worse with money bombs, because the Nov 30th money bomb actually sucks out energy from the Dec 16th money bomb.

I havent seen any considerable down-side to having a Nov 30th event for those who would like to contribute on that day as well. http://rudysreadinglist.com/
In fact I think it would be a very FUN if MSM picked it up on their radar and mention RUDY'S READING LIST lol. :D

Dec 16th event will be huge no matter what, so no worries. With over 20,000+ pledges so far it will far surpass the Nov 5th money bomb without question.

Paulitician
11-24-2007, 11:58 PM
Only slightly. To be sure, the 30th won't be all that impressive. It might turn out to be another November 11th, due to it's short lifespan (1 week). December 16th is still going to be huge, but perhaps not as huge. I'm still thinking 6 million. The 30th should put us well over 10 mil.

cero
11-25-2007, 01:08 AM
I agree theres no need for a nov 30 moneybomb, just give the money now instead of waiting.

gworrel
11-25-2007, 10:51 AM
All you people who are negative about November 30 are only hurting both dates. As Trevor pointed out in his latest email, we need to expand the pie. You are not helping to expand the pie.

November 5th did great with an average donation of just over $100. I asked in another thread, are you too poor to give $100 on both dates or do you just think that everyone else is too poor? Your constant chatter that November 30 is hurtful or not needed is only helping to ensure that people will only give $100 once instead of twice. That does not help December 16th and it is greatly damaging to total fund raising.

You cannot know that it is impossible to have two significant money bombs 16 days apart. Your stated opinions only help to make sure that it does not happen. If you will not help promote November 30th then the least you could do is just shut up.

NinjaPirate
11-25-2007, 03:33 PM
I think the Nov 30th event is too damaging to the 16th event. I don't support it for that reason.

Two weeks is plenty of time for most of us to recharge our batteries. Letting donations slow down to a trickle again is really what is going to hurt us and the campaign in the long run.

Edit: eff you, Frank!!

sharedvoice
11-26-2007, 09:27 AM
The most significant pledge-drive now is:

www.rudysreadinglist.com

It is very important that we hit our goal putting us over 12M. This way we can send a message to Rudy in front of MSM for his lacking Foriegn Policy knowlege, while raising some cash to spend in NH and IA.

Remember how much press we got when Rudy challenged Dr. Paul during the debate? Well, this is an effort to re-hash that debate!!

Pledge if you can this Nov 30th. INCOMING!

KCIndy
11-26-2007, 09:45 AM
It's two weeks - that is, two (or at least one, if you're paid every other week) paydays apart. That should give at least a little time for a "recharge" of personal funds...

But frankly, I've decided to double my efforts and give twice as much - once on the 30th and just as much on the 16th. I'm living frugally between now and the 16th, and dumping some stuff on eBay, with the proceeds going toward the Ron Paul cause.

After all, what's freedom worth? Let's all dig a little deeper! :)

Original_Intent
11-26-2007, 09:54 AM
I agree witht he sentiment that people who think Ron Paul needs money now should give now. If the goal for November 30th iss to raise a few hundred thousand, I think that is great.

Those advocating 12 million by end of November, that want millions on November 30th, etc etc - I think that typ of effort is overall harmful in light of the effort that has gone into promoting the TeaParty.

Of course, no one would have guessed that was my position, would they? :rolleyes:

amistybleu
11-26-2007, 05:02 PM
HEAR YE, HEAR YE,

I just got off the phone with RP08 headquarters and in no uncertain terms they need the money now to be effective in the early primary states. In the best interest of the Campaign you should donate on the 30th.

This is about victory and not at all about money bomb records, if you can do both that is great, if not then donate on the 30th @ rudysreadinglist.com

Midnight77
11-26-2007, 05:18 PM
We need to dominate Media coverage for the entire month of December if we hope Ron to win any of the Primaries. This is the way to do it.

We MUST make the 30th successful and we MUST make the 16th successful. We can make the 16th successful by bringing in new donors from the Media publicity of the 30th. It's imperative that we make the 30th successful. Please think about this.

cameronb
11-27-2007, 09:23 AM
Clearly people are more motivated to donate when its part of an "event" - the Tea Party will be huge, but Nov. 30th also serves its purpose.

erowe1
11-28-2007, 12:18 PM

If they are too close, then isn't the problem that the Dec. 16th event is too damaging to the earlier and more important money bomb on Nov. 30th, rather than vice versa? If anybody is sitting on money that they could donate now just to wait until some game on Dec. 16th, then they need to know that they'd be helping the campaign more if they donated it on the 30th.

Edward
11-28-2007, 12:26 PM
Success on November 30th will ensure success on December 16th. It's all good!