PDA

View Full Version : New York State Police Admit Wrongly Confiscating Guns Under New Laws

sailingaway
04-11-2013, 12:24 PM
State police in Erie County, New York have admitted a huge mistake in confiscating a man’s guns under newly passed gun control laws, saying they identified the wrong person.

Erie County Clerk Chris Jacobs has said that police called him to clarify that they had wrongly enforced a pistol permit suspension on a local gun owner under the NY SAFE Act. The confiscation order came following a warning suggesting the man was using anti-anxiety medication prescribed by his doctor

Under provisions in the new legislation, anyone identified as suffering from a mental health condition can have their firearms seized by police.

Jacobs said that during the phone call he was told troopers had forwarded incorrect information, and that police had made an error.

Jacobs also indicated that this case highlighted serious flaws in the new legislation.

“I think that first and foremost, it stems from a flawed law that was passed so quickly without forethought on how something would be implemented.” Jacobs told WGRZ News. “Certainly, I am disappointed on the fact that we were given information from State Police that this was an individual that we needed to act immediately on,”

http://www.darkpolitricks.com/2013/04/new-york-state-police-admit-wrongly-confiscating-guns-under-new-laws/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+DarkPolitricks+%28Dark+Politr icks%29

reportedly, the Reid gun bill has this nation wide, your doctor, without you even knowing it, can put your name on a list so you can't get a gun.

fisharmor
04-11-2013, 12:29 PM
reportedly, the Reid gun bill has this nation wide, your doctor, without you even knowing it, can put your name on a list so you can't get a gun.

Well it looks like it might be time for me to buy a mill.

Anti Federalist
04-11-2013, 12:57 PM
Well it looks like it might be time for me to buy a mill.

Machine tools and 3d printers will require federal permits.