PDA

View Full Version : Bill O's being tough on drugs

itshappening
04-10-2013, 06:09 PM
He's looking out for you....

Here's the full segment with tough guy Bill:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/bill-oreilly-clashes-with-bob-beckel-over-drug-war-so-you-can-kill-my-kid-cause-youre-addicted/

COpatriot
04-10-2013, 07:06 PM
Saw it. Pure, unadulterated horseshit.

itshappening
04-10-2013, 07:10 PM
Saw it. Pure, unadulterated horseshit.

I didn't see it all, what did he say?

dillo
04-10-2013, 11:59 PM
he essentially said that selling drugs was a violent crime because drugs kill people and that it deserved the same punishment as other violent crimes

The Goat
04-11-2013, 12:03 AM
he essentially said that selling drugs was a violent crime because drugs kill people and that it deserved the same punishment as other violent crimes

Selling guns is a violent crime because guns kill people and selling them deserve the same punishment as other violent crimes. Bill is a liberal and he knows it.

Giuliani was there on 911
04-11-2013, 12:11 AM
the drug war is a non issue

kcchiefs6465
04-11-2013, 12:20 AM
I'd beg to differ.

And FWIW, not that it matters, I don't use any drugs.

Kregisen
04-11-2013, 01:08 AM

Because saving 10,000 u.s. homicides a year by ending the war on drugs isn't worth it. (source: Milton Friedman, most popular economist in the world in last 50 years) Because saving the $50 billion a year it costs to run the war on drugs isn't worth it. Because standing up for freedom isn't worth it.

Right....

Sola_Fide
04-11-2013, 01:12 AM

Selling aspirin is a violent crime because 20 or so people a year overdose on it, so WalMart and CVS should be banned and their employees locked up for decades.

itshappening
04-11-2013, 02:18 AM
Bill loves being tough on drugs. He just can't help himself can he? He's looking out for all those seniors who watch him and are scared to death of them.

BAN THEM ALL! Lock them all up! throw away the key!

I'm surprised he's not sponsored by the Prison Industrial Complex.

The worst thing about the 'fairweather' neocons in the media like him is that they actually dont have ties to the MIC or anything else. They make money from the network and sponsors. Unless they espouse these views because of MIC ad dollars for their network? I don't know. These guys tend to be successful and not paid directly by special interests yet they shill for them. I have always thought it was odd.

I mean these guys are clever and they have no need to take a neocon view of the world. They either do it because their friends have ties to MIC through conservative organizations (see recent expose on ACU), ad dollars come from MIC and US military/government (big advertisers i guess) or they actually do believe in this muscular foreign policy which is odd because their hero Reagan always wanted to talk to enemies like Gorbachev.

If these clowns were around in the 1980's they'd be calling for a nuclear war with the Soviet Union. I can just imagine Levin ranting about it. 'NUKE THEM ALL !! DO IT, GODDAMNIT!' Well Mr. Levin, you were in Reagan's administration and he was talking to the Soviets, was he not keeping America safe? Alas they will never answer.

itshappening
04-11-2013, 02:34 AM
Update - Segment added to original post.

Haha Bill: 'Many on the Radical Left want softer drug laws..'

Well Bill, many on the Right do too.. sorry to shatter your little fake paradigm!

LOL, he's mentioning PIC... Follow the money Bill.

itshappening
04-11-2013, 02:38 AM
Beckel was a coke head! I didn't know that.

jkob
04-11-2013, 02:43 AM
Wonder what his medicine cabinet looks like

itshappening
04-11-2013, 02:43 AM
That was classic O'Reilly.

He setup his fake little paradigm. Quoted celebrities who wanted softer drug laws. Called them radical leftists and railed against them..

He ended up shouting down Beckel and being thuggish. Beckel didn't do a good job of explaining himself.

No Bob; dealing and selling a product in a free market is not violent and should not result in hefty prison sentences. Next?

itshappening
04-11-2013, 02:48 AM
Someone should send Bill a link to FAMM
(http://www.famm.org/)

And show him the cases of people being locked up for 50 years because they were in possession of drugs and an unlicensed firearm.

But I suspect Bill will ignore it. He's 'looking out for you' after all.