PDA

View Full Version : RUBIO DINING AT THE WHITE HOUSE TONIGHT!

itshappening
04-10-2013, 05:14 PM
Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) joined President Obama for his second closed-door dinner with Senate Republicans on Wednesday.

Rubio had been invited but had not committed for most of the day of the dinner. The Florida Republican's office said immigration meetings might get in the way of him going to the dinner, but later said he would attend.

Besides Rubio, Sens. Lamar Alexander (Tenn.), John Boozman (Ark.), Susan Collins (Maine), Mike Crapo (Idaho), Mike Enzi (Wyo.), Deb Fisher (Neb.), Orrin Hatch (Utah), Johnny Isackson (Ga.), Pat Roberts (Kan.), John Thune (S.D.) Roger Wicker (Miss.) dined with Obama.

Obama's first meeting with Senate Republicans, last month, did not result in any new policy breakthroughs but senators left the meeting feeling more optimistic about possibly brooking a deal on deficit reduction.

After Wednesday night's dinner Obama will have not met with 21 Senate Republicans. They are: John Barrasso (Wyo.), Roy Blunt (Mo.), Thad Cochran (Miss.), John Cornyn (Texas), Ted Cruz (Texas), Jeff Flake (Ariz.), Chuck Grassley (Iowa), Dean Heller (Nev.), Jim Inhofe (Okla.), Mark Kirk (Ill.), Mike Lee (Utah), Mitch McConnell (Ky.), Jerry Moran (Ky.), Lisa Murkowski (Alaska), Rand Paul (Ky.), Rob Portman (Ohio), Jim Risch (Idaho), Tim Scott (S.C.), Jeff Sessions (Ala.), Richard Shelby (Ala.) and David Vitter (La.).

SOURCE:
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/293155-invited-rubio-may-miss-obama-dinner

Origanalist
04-10-2013, 06:07 PM
I love it, he's showing he can "reach across the aisle". Rand, please stay away.............................................. .................................................. ................................

MRK
04-10-2013, 06:12 PM
If only the gun control filibuster happened today, Rubio could solidify his moss amongst the old boulders of the GOP that dined with Obama during the last filibuster.

bunklocoempire
04-10-2013, 06:13 PM
Going over the moves no doubt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfhFncWQ2Fw

Will Obama's outreach work? Stay tuned folks. :rolleyes:

kathy88
04-10-2013, 07:14 PM
Interesting group.

Christian Liberty
04-10-2013, 07:33 PM
Would you dine with Anders Brevik? If not, stay the crap away from Obama's table. He deserves outright shunning. I make no claim that Rubio is anything special but he hasn't actually murdered anyone yet, so he should stay away from people who have.

If ten percent of people would realize just how despicable people like Obama are, maybe we'd get someplace...

PatriotOne
04-10-2013, 08:00 PM
I don't find dining at the white house particulary disturbing. There might be a day when Rand/Cruz/Lee attends. Doesn't mean they will change their agenda's to suit them and perhaps have an opprotunity to change Obama's mind. Though I don't have that much faith in Rubio's willpower but will stay hopeful.

itshappening
04-10-2013, 08:06 PM
I hope he chokes on the succulent taxpayer funded steak >

(joking)

Seriously though, I read somewhere that the president has to pay his own food bills in the White House. Is that true? If so it must cost him a fair chunk of his 'salary' but i dont know if he has to pay to entertain guests as well or if it's just an old custom that's now dead.

Christian Liberty
04-10-2013, 08:19 PM
Would you dine with Anders Brevik? If not, stay the crap away from Obama's table. He deserves outright shunning. I make no claim that Rubio is anything special but he hasn't actually murdered anyone yet, so he should stay away from people who have.

If ten percent of people would realize just how despicable people like Obama are, maybe we'd get someplace...

Actually, I take it back, I'd show up and call him a murderer to his face. THAT would make the news...

I don't find dining at the white house particulary disturbing. There might be a day when Rand/Cruz/Lee attends. Doesn't mean they will change their agenda's to suit them and perhaps have an opprotunity to change Obama's mind. Though I don't have that much faith in Rubio's willpower but will stay hopeful.

I find it disturbing to eat with serial murderering dicators, personally.

I hope he chokes on the succulent taxpayer funded steak >

(joking)

Seriously though, I read somewhere that the president has to pay his own food bills in the White House. Is that true? If so it must cost him a fair chunk of his 'salary' but i dont know if he has to pay to entertain guests as well or if it's just an old custom that's now dead.

No, I hope OBAMA does. And I'm not joking. Its what he deserves.

I don't apologize for hating mass murderers with a burning passion.

If any Christians throw in the inevitable "Love your enemies" I'll forgive them, but if anyone on this planet deserves our hatred, loathing, and rage, its mass murderers like Barack Obama.

sailingaway
04-10-2013, 08:46 PM
Yeah. That is when the real budget negotiations will occur, according to a write up I saw today.

asurfaholic
04-10-2013, 08:48 PM

I don't much think the puppets are really as despicable as the ones actually pulling strings. Really

It's not just Obama, its the policy

itshappening
04-10-2013, 09:23 PM
UPDATE from the dinner...

They did have steak! These people have no shame. They party, guzzle fine wine and chew on steak as America suffers from the worst recovery since the Great Depression.

Disgusting.

-
President Obama "enjoyed a constructive and wide-ranging discussion" over dinner with Republican senators on Wednesday night, White House officials said.

During the dinner, which lasted two-and-half-hours, Obama and the senators discussed deficit reduction and immigration reform, as well as a gun control measure that the Senate will take up in the coming days.

A statement put out by the White House said Obama thanked Sen. Johnny Isakson (R-Ga.) for "bringing the group together" for dinner, which included a green salad, steak and sautéed vegetables.

The White House said Obama looks forward to continuing bipartisan conversations.

"Productive discussion tonight at dinner with the President and GOP colleagues," Sen. Mike Crapo (R-Idaho) tweeted Wednesday night.

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) was also among the lawmakers who joined Obama for his second closed-door dinner with Senate Republicans on Wednesday.

Rubio, a frontrunner for the 2016 GOP nomination, had been invited but had not committed for most of the day of the dinner. The Florida Republican's office said immigration meetings might get in the way of him going to the dinner, but later said he would attend.

Besides Isakson, Rubio and Crapo, Sens. Lamar Alexander (Tenn.), John Boozman (Ark.), Susan Collins (Maine), Mike Enzi (Wyo.), Deb Fischer (Neb.), Orrin Hatch (Utah), Pat Roberts (Kan.), John Thune (S.D.) Roger Wicker (Miss.) dined with Obama.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/293155-invited-rubio-may-miss-obama-dinner

itshappening
04-10-2013, 10:11 PM
Bump

J_White
04-10-2013, 10:35 PM
GOP traitors, going to have talks about how to fool the public into thinking they are Republicans, while trying to work with Obama on how to diminish our liberties.

Christian Liberty
04-11-2013, 05:01 AM
I don't much think the puppets are really as despicable as the ones actually pulling strings. Really

I'd make a statement like that about a common soldier. Not about the POTUS. Obama has the choice not to do what he's doing. He's not taking it...

Christian Liberty
04-11-2013, 05:02 AM

And I know its not just Obama, its the Republicans and other Democrats too.. I hate them all.

coastie
04-11-2013, 08:25 AM
UPDATE from the dinner...

They did have steak! These people have no shame. They party, guzzle fine wine and chew on steak as America suffers from the worst recovery since the Great Depression.

Disgusting.

-
President Obama "enjoyed a constructive and wide-ranging discussion" over dinner with Republican senators on Wednesday night, White House officials said.

During the dinner, which lasted two-and-half-hours, Obama and the senators discussed deficit reduction and immigration reform, as well as a gun control measure that the Senate will take up in the coming days.

A statement put out by the White House said Obama thanked Sen. Johnny Isakson (R-Ga.) for "bringing the group together" for dinner, which included a green salad, steak and sautéed vegetables.

The White House said Obama looks forward to continuing bipartisan conversations.

"Productive discussion tonight at dinner with the President and GOP colleagues," Sen. Mike Crapo (R-Idaho) tweeted Wednesday night.

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) was also among the lawmakers who joined Obama for his second closed-door dinner with Senate Republicans on Wednesday.

Rubio, a frontrunner for the 2016 GOP nomination, had been invited but had not committed for most of the day of the dinner. The Florida Republican's office said immigration meetings might get in the way of him going to the dinner, but later said he would attend.

Besides Isakson, Rubio and Crapo, Sens. Lamar Alexander (Tenn.), John Boozman (Ark.), Susan Collins (Maine), Mike Enzi (Wyo.), Deb Fischer (Neb.), Orrin Hatch (Utah), Pat Roberts (Kan.), John Thune (S.D.) Roger Wicker (Miss.) dined with Obama.

Wow, they started that one already, huh?

Tod
04-11-2013, 08:29 AM
Only reason he hasn't had Portman over is probably because he knows he can count on Portman's support already. :mad:

Bastiat's The Law
04-11-2013, 08:36 AM
Rubio is stepping in it again.

JK/SEA
04-11-2013, 08:46 AM
Rubio had rhino steak w/ fava beans and a good chianti.

Rhinio for Rubio.

Matt Collins
04-11-2013, 12:44 PM
So this is why Lamar Alexander voted to advance Obama's gun control bill today?