PDA

View Full Version : Michelle Obama throws herself into gun debate

green73
04-10-2013, 10:06 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-M9X2j1evep4/TjAswMUQNWI/AAAAAAAAE-0/6yJb5IXur58/s400/michelle-obama-hideous.jpg

Michelle Obama is making a rare foray into a controversial political issue by getting personally involved in the gun control debate — just as it appears set to dominate the Senate.

The first lady will return to her hometown of Chicago on Wednesday for an event with Mayor Rahm Emanuel to speak about gun control, casting her in a leading role to push one of her husband’s top priorities.

The Senate is poised on Thursday to begin its debate on gun control. The first lady’s speech is part of a White House effort to pressure the Senate to pass legislation that would include tougher background checks on gun purchases — a provision that looks to be in trouble.

cont
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/292841-first-lady-throws-herself-into-debate-on-gun-control

RonPaulFanInGA
04-10-2013, 10:07 AM
So since she's going to be in Chicago, she will be talking about how gun control has failed, right?

itshappening
04-10-2013, 10:10 AM
They want the assault ban and have loads of events, relatives of dead kids and other pressure points lined up.

By the time the debate is finished Obama will have the senate voting to ban everything: semi-automatics, shotguns and handguns with stiff penalties should you not turn them in immediately to be destroyed.

supermario21
04-10-2013, 10:11 AM
Every time I hear an Obama comment on guns I have to close my mouth and make sure I don't type or say anything I would come to regret.

itshappening
04-10-2013, 10:16 AM
They will go for everything with this. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Just wait for the Sunday propaganda shows and George Stephanopoulos interview with a Sandy Hook relative sat next to Lindsey Graham.

They will weep and demand guns are banned and Graham will fold like a cheap suit.

Schieffer will call anyone voting against a complete ban unpatriotic and 'unAmerican' and Candy Crowley will suggest Republicans are on the side of rapists (Morning Joe is already saying that)

kathy88
04-10-2013, 10:25 AM
The hypocrisy coming from someone who will be followed by armed SS until she dies.

jclay2
04-10-2013, 10:40 AM
Go home michelle. This city is bad enough with Rahm. Luckly I walk to work so I won't have to worry about the travel grid being shut down for the elite queen obama.