compromise
04-10-2013, 03:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=WRxkwpNaWyU

Sola_Fide
04-10-2013, 04:13 AM
So awkward...

Peace Piper
04-10-2013, 04:58 AM
What a sniveling, disgusting little punk. When you have to spend half the interview saying oopsie...

"not there yet"?-- When he fails at this false conversion he'll be back on the R bandwagon in time for 2016.

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1841/glennbeckasjoker.jpg

He knows his 15 minutes turned into 20 and he hears that tick tock

itshappening
04-10-2013, 05:36 AM
LOL!! John caled him out right at the start.

I remember that when he was sayinn on FOX 700 billion aint enough in TARP. Now that was disgusting.

VoteRandPaul2016
04-10-2013, 05:37 AM
I am so grateful that John Stossel is still on our side.

ClydeCoulter
04-10-2013, 05:59 AM
It was a bit weak, to say the least, on the "who he supported for president". Seems that someone, a champion of liberty, was missing...hmmm

Bastiat's The Law
04-10-2013, 07:42 AM
The Santorum stuff made Glenn fidgety. lol

rprprs
04-10-2013, 07:44 AM
...He knows his 15 minutes turned into 20 and he hears that tick tock

In a nutshell, THIS ^^^

brushfire
04-10-2013, 08:05 AM
The Santorum stuff made Glenn fidgety. lol

LOL... "Ahhh....Hummina..Hummina..Hummina.."

Beck has years of consistent repentance before I believe a damn thing that comes out of his mouth.

The reason why we dont trust you, Beck, is because you cant walk the walk. Dont throw a fit when people make you reconcile before they believe you. You're not stupid, you know exactly what's going on.

cajuncocoa
04-10-2013, 08:08 AM
When discussing the candidates who were running for president last year, I really wish Stossel would have pushed a little harder on why Beck didn't support Ron. That would have exposed Beck's ass for the poser he is.

lib3rtarian
04-10-2013, 08:45 AM
I am sorry, but I don't understand the hate towards Glenn in this thread. If someone admits he is wrong, and is willing to extend a hand, trust but verify. I think he changed a lot in the past one year, especially after Nov. 2012. I actually enjoy listening to Beck these days.

brushfire
04-10-2013, 08:51 AM
I am sorry, but I don't understand the hate towards Glenn in this thread. If someone admits he is wrong, and is willing to extend a hand, trust but verify. I think he changed a lot in the past one year, especially after Nov. 2012. I actually enjoy listening to Beck these days.

The guy has been consistent in his demonstration of duplicity towards liberty. He's also trying to establish a business venture... For those who have watched Beck help hijack the Tea Party movement, and subsequent attacks on key liberty candidates, its hard to take his apologies seriously.

It was funny when Jake did it, but many here are not as easily duped...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKrNL0Kchlc

Thor
04-10-2013, 09:43 AM
@1:00 - "I haven't really changed a lot of the things I have believed in, but..." (back peddling enters here.)

"And why Santorum?"

"Ummm welll... ummm...."

Shane Harris
04-10-2013, 09:56 AM
At least he is admitting his mistakes and acknowledging that he's "not there yet" on issues, implying he is open to hearing arguments. He also said he has a lot to learn. He is in uncharted Beck waters (to those who like to say he does this every time). Not like this he doesn't. I tend to believe him with regards to moving in our direction because I can relate to the path he's on. I think most people don't change all their views overnight. He's far from Ron Paul or Lew Rockwell but he's trending up in my view.

Bastiat's The Law
04-10-2013, 10:00 AM
Credibility matters.

NIU Students for Liberty
04-10-2013, 10:03 AM
At least he is admitting his mistakes and acknowledging that he's "not there yet" on issues, implying he is open to hearing arguments. He also said he has a lot to learn. He is in uncharted Beck waters (to those who like to say he does this every time). Not like this he doesn't. I tend to believe him with regards to moving in our direction because I can relate to the path he's on. I think most people don't change all their views overnight. He's far from Ron Paul or Lew Rockwell but he's trending up in my view.

Just wait until 2015 and we'll see if Beck is still trending up for you.

VoteRandPaul2016
04-10-2013, 10:12 AM
The way I see it is -- you don't come to have a $65,000,000 net worth to spew the truth.

roho76
04-10-2013, 10:27 AM
How do you learn about libertarianism? Either you think you have the right to control other people or you don't. There is no "learning" in my opinion. He thinks the war on drugs is a personal issue but prostitution isn't. How can you acccept one and not the other when in the end they're the same thing?

kcchiefs6465
04-10-2013, 10:46 AM
Glenn Beck- "Why do people instead stand there and say, 'We don't want you!'"

Because you fucking idiot, you still can't bring yourself to say Ron Paul was the only libertarian choice out there for republicans in 2012. ("I didn't like like any of them. I ended up supporting Romney ) You trashed Debra Medina, you mocked Ron Paul. Idgaf what beliefs he claims to espouse, I don't like him. He should apologize to Debra Medina personally, apologize to Ron Paul publicly, and apologize for being a MSM shill. Instead he will continue his appeal to emotion that he was simply wrong and cannot understand why people don't accept him. (boo-fucking-hoo) You know full goddamn well why people don't accept you Glenn. Because you are a phony two-bit hack who only 'comes around' when it is convenient or profittable to do so.

And fuck the Blaze. I wish it was a-blaze. He's the 'new' libertarian my ass. He's the new Republican and as soon as 2014, (probably) if not 2016 rolls around, he will be singing a different tune while he's laughing to the bank.

And FWIW, Allende was democratically elected. I know, you and that fat, 'mbumbling' co-host can't take the time to research something before mocking and ridiculing it. Lowkey would destroy your pro-Israel views and your foreign policy 'expertise' in general. (unless you co-opt Ron Paul's as your own, again) You'd still need to read up on the various coups and assassinations committed around the world, though.

Saying you are a libertarian and then in the same breath saying that there was no one to support in 2012 is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard him say. And I've heard him say some dumb shit.

Seraphim
04-10-2013, 10:48 AM
He seems genuine in his reformation, but the key will be around late 2014 when the next election cycle is in plain view. His endorsements must fit the talk.

compromise
04-10-2013, 10:58 AM
Regardless of what you think of him, he's had a lot of good libertarian content on his show recently.

Frazee of YAL was on a few days back, discussing education and foreign policy.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?410765-Jeff-Frazee-James-Antle-and-Alex-Smith-on-Glenn-Beck-discussing-education
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?410764-Jeff-Frazee-Alex-Smith-James-Antle-on-Glenn-Beck-discussing-foreign-policy

robertwerden
04-10-2013, 11:01 AM
My opinion is, Beck is a policy microphone, and people will follow him. If he gets us more people to vote for liberty, the possibility of those people actually becoming liberty minded is good. We need higher percentages in elections, and we should welcome people like him who might drive actual supporters our way.

jtap
04-10-2013, 11:44 AM
I'm curious what his next gimmick will be.

cajuncocoa
04-10-2013, 12:01 PM
Beck: "I didn't like like any of them. I ended up supporting Romney"

This would have been the time to interrupt and say "there was an excellent candidate in the race who has consistently supported everything you now say you stand for. Of course, you know I mean Ron Paul. How can you sit there and justify supporting a candidate like Rick Santorum and expect anyone to believe you're serious about libertarianism?"

sailingaway
04-10-2013, 12:17 PM
Regardless of what you think of him, he's had a lot of good libertarian content on his show recently.

Frazee of YAL was on a few days back, discussing education and foreign policy.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?410765-Jeff-Frazee-James-Antle-and-Alex-Smith-on-Glenn-Beck-discussing-education
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?410764-Jeff-Frazee-Alex-Smith-James-Antle-on-Glenn-Beck-discussing-foreign-policy

IMHO he is trying to coopt Ron's youth movement, which is potent. It makes me despise him more.

I saw on twitter last night something about Stossel calling Beck out as not being libertarian, but I didn't click on it. Maybe it had something to do with this video.

talkingpointes
04-10-2013, 12:30 PM
Where are the moderates calling Stossel negative and a jerk. Come on glenn beck is like 74% liberty, you can't have purity. Burn the souls of his shoes until he is honest. This is called checks and balances.

I love the smell of burning ex-neocon shoes in the morning. THANK YOU SOOO MUCH STOSSEL, YOU HAVE STEPPED UP YOUR GAME!!!! Sorry for the caps, this makes me smile cheek to cheek.

compromise
04-10-2013, 12:35 PM
IMHO he is trying to coopt Ron's youth movement, which is potent. It makes me despise him more.

I saw on twitter last night something about Stossel calling Beck out as not being libertarian, but I didn't click on it. Maybe it had something to do with this video.

Maybe it was this DP tweet.
https://twitter.com/dailypaul/status/321892246007980033

It's about the same video as the one I'm talking about, just the topic was worded strangely and incorrectly.

satchelmcqueen
04-10-2013, 03:47 PM
"ron paul is the mayor of crazy town." glenn beck.

This would have been the time to interrupt and say "there was an excellent candidate in the race who has consistently supported everything you now say you stand for. Of course, you know I mean Ron Paul. How can you sit there and justify supporting a candidate like Rick Santorum and expect anyone to believe you're serious about libertarianism?"

Slutter McGee
04-10-2013, 05:00 PM
How do you learn about libertarianism? Either you think you have the right to control other people or you don't. There is no "learning" in my opinion. He thinks the war on drugs is a personal issue but prostitution isn't. How can you acccept one and not the other when in the end they're the same thing?

Of course there is learning. My dad now thinks the federal war on drugs is a failure, but he isn't willing to accept outright legalization. He has slowly come to believe we should not be as active in the world, where before he was scared shitless of the terrorists. Of course its a learning process.

Besides, there is a big difference between an-caps and libertarian leaning conservatives. I guess you could say I unlearned some libertarianism, because I am not even close to an an-cap any more.

All these things exist in degrees.

That being said, Beck has screwed us over plenty. You don't have to trust him. But right now....he is only pulling people to our cause. And what cracks me up is the fear that he suddenly will pull out the rug...and all those people will leave. So what. Its a 0 net gain.

Who cares about Beck. I am happy he is coming our direction, but I am not going to get completely worked up either way.

Slutter McGee

juleswin
04-10-2013, 05:03 PM

Exactly, you don't learn libertarianism, you discover it. The fact that it is taking him a political involved person this long makes me very suspicious. But he will prove to us come 2015

Cap
04-10-2013, 06:55 PM
I am sorry, but I don't understand the hate towards Glenn in this thread. If someone admits he is wrong, and is willing to extend a hand, trust but verify. I think he changed a lot in the past one year, especially after Nov. 2012. I actually enjoy listening to Beck these days.I can think of many, but this really sticks in my craw...Debra Medina.

Christian Liberty
04-10-2013, 07:24 PM
When discussing the candidates who were running for president last year, I really wish Stossel would have pushed a little harder on why Beck didn't support Ron. That would have exposed Beck's ass for the poser he is.

On the issues Beck didn't even seem that bad (Granted, he was pretty clearly WRONG on banning prostitution, but he seemed like he was moving in the right direction) but THIS is the lynchpin for me. It doesn't matter if you get every little position right, while I strive to be ideologically consistent, if you support significantly reduced government, there's room for you in my big tent. Unless you support the guy who isn't even in the same country as my big tent. Therein lies my problem.

There's some truth to the "War on religion" thing but Rick Santorum was just going to pick different targets, and wage ACTUAL war on Muslims...

As for Ron Paul... if Glenn thinks Ron is not going to solve the war on religion issue, than Glenn had BETTER be voting for Ron because Dr. Paul is the only one that doesn't want to lock him up for the rest of his life for using those controlled substances.

This is also the reason I'll never support Bob Barr, I was willing to tolerate his idiosyncracies until I learned that he endorsed Newt Freakin' Gingrich. I'd find even Obama to be preferable to Gingrich. And while I can tolerate a "Last second endorsement" as it were, even Rand Paul endorsed Romney eventually, to endorse someone like Romney where all the candidates that have a chance suck is very different than doing so when RON PAUL is still in the running...

As for John Stossel, this is a minor point but does Stossel actually support gay marriage or does he support getting government out of marriage? While not a huge issue he's still wrong if he takes the former position, and apparently, Beck would also be wrong.

camp_steveo
04-10-2013, 07:48 PM
I was a conservative before I became a libertarian. He sounds like he is going through what I did a while ago. I hope he brings the majority of his audience with him.

Christian Liberty
04-10-2013, 07:51 PM
I was a conservative before I became a libertarian. He sounds like he is going through what I did a while ago. I hope he brings the majority of his audience with him.

I went through a phase kind of like that. In fact, other than prositution I'm not even sure he actually SAID anything wrong. I don't really have a problem with pounding your enemies if they actually attack you. My problem is not with fighting hard for defense, but with fighting hard for offense while pretending you're on defense. I have no doubt Ron Paul would be willing to use the military to defend this country too.

Its the fact that Glenn endorsed Santorum, which was never addressed by Stossel, that is my real problem. The ultimate endorsement of Romney is also annoying, although not as much so, Rand also messed that one up.

camp_steveo
04-10-2013, 07:56 PM
I went through a phase kind of like that. In fact, other than prositution I'm not even sure he actually SAID anything wrong. I don't really have a problem with pounding your enemies if they actually attack you. My problem is not with fighting hard for defense, but with fighting hard for offense while pretending you're on defense. I have no doubt Ron Paul would be willing to use the military to defend this country too.

Its the fact that Glenn endorsed Santorum, which was never addressed by Stossel, that is my real problem. The ultimate endorsement of Romney is also annoying, although not as much so, Rand also messed that one up.
I think GB is just now waking up. I find it very difficult to imagine he is faking. He would be totally ruined.

Christian Liberty
04-10-2013, 08:07 PM
I hope so. I could see it going either way, but I think he is waking up.

I wish Stossel would have pushed him on Ron Paul, however. If he admitted he made a mistake, than I'd let it go, but if he's still defending endorsement of SANTORUM of all people, that's something that needs immediate attention. That's far more important than his views on any single issue.

PaulConventionWV
04-10-2013, 08:12 PM
People keep falling for it. It's so funny.

Christian Liberty
04-10-2013, 08:13 PM
I've only known about Beck for a couple years so I wouldn't really know... I guess we'll see...

cajuncocoa
04-10-2013, 08:19 PM
I think GB is just now waking up. I find it very difficult to imagine he is faking. He would be totally ruined.It's not difficult at all for me to imagine he's faking. He's done this before.

kcchiefs6465
04-10-2013, 09:18 PM
I think GB is just now waking up. I find it very difficult to imagine he is faking. He would be totally ruined.
I might believe that the day he sincerely apologizes to, and endorses Ron Paul as the only good candidate for 2012, apologizes for sinking Debra Medina, etc. etc. etc.

Good for him if he's coming around. He won't get a lick of respect from me until he mans up and acknowledges/apologizes for past beck-stabs. And for past beckery.

Brett85
04-10-2013, 09:21 PM

Prostitution is a little bit different in that sometimes women are forced into it. That's probably about the only difference though.

Brett85
04-10-2013, 09:28 PM
I hope so. I could see it going either way, but I think he is waking up.

I wish Stossel would have pushed him on Ron Paul, however. If he admitted he made a mistake, than I'd let it go, but if he's still defending endorsement of SANTORUM of all people, that's something that needs immediate attention. That's far more important than his views on any single issue.

I think he viewed Ron as sort of an "extreme libertarian," while Beck is more of a libertarian-leaning Republican or moderate libertarian. Beck has said that he'll most likely support Rand in 2016. Still, I don't understand how he could endorse someone as anti libertarian as Santorum. He could've just stayed neutral if he didn't like any of the candidates.

trey4sports
04-10-2013, 09:31 PM

yeah exactly.

Who cares what he is going to do in the future.

he is a TOOL. We can use his audience for our gain. Let's APPLAUD him when he does something right. Like admit he was wrong.

he made several big concessions there and sounded a LOT like Rand Paul. We NEED Beck and his crowd.

kcchiefs6465
04-10-2013, 09:36 PM
Prostitution is a little bit different in that sometimes women are forced into it. That's probably about the only difference though.
A lot less women would be forced into it if it were legal. A lot less of them would be kidnapped and raped, or killed and the streets would generally be 'cleaner.'

That is looking past the STD and AIDS tests that would overall reduce over time and the fact that drugs prices are so artificially high because of the 'war on drugs' that they have to resort to prostitution or theft to finance it. These are moral problems that laws cannot solve. They need to be worked on at a local level with church and family support. I doubt Glenn Beck could begin to grasp that.

Origanalist
04-10-2013, 09:38 PM
Glen Beck!!!!

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4664266754621806&pid=15.1

tttppp
04-10-2013, 10:40 PM
He only showed to be partial libertarian. He gave himself enough wiggle room to change his mind again as he always does.

dillo
04-10-2013, 11:57 PM
I have been very critical of Beck in the past, and I still think he is a statist. However at the end of that episode of Stossel, he made a very important point. Beck said something along the lines of "I'm not there on all the issues, and I get a lot of negative reactions from people in the liberty movement saying that Im not a libertarian and should shut up. Isn't it good enough that Im moving in your direction?"

I think its important, 5 years ago Beck would have called Ron Pauls positions crazy and dangerous and while he may not support everything the majority of libertarians support he is at least questioning the status quo. Isn't that a victory for us? Is this not an indication that the message is being herd and starting the resonate?

tttppp
04-11-2013, 10:32 AM
I have been very critical of Beck in the past, and I still think he is a statist. However at the end of that episode of Stossel, he made a very important point. Beck said something along the lines of "I'm not there on all the issues, and I get a lot of negative reactions from people in the liberty movement saying that Im not a libertarian and should shut up. Isn't it good enough that Im moving in your direction?"

I think its important, 5 years ago Beck would have called Ron Pauls positions crazy and dangerous and while he may not support everything the majority of libertarians support he is at least questioning the status quo. Isn't that a victory for us? Is this not an indication that the message is being herd and starting the resonate?

Not necessarily. Glen Beck is a flip flopper and will say anything for ratings. He has come out in support of Ron Paul in the past only to change his mind and bash him. You can't trust him, that's why people won't get off his back.

roho76
04-11-2013, 11:03 AM

I said nothing of kidnapping or slavery. Why would you bring it up? It's a totally different subject, one of which I'm morally opposed to as well, which again makes me wonder why you even brought it up. Prostitution is not conscription nor is it kidnapping. Prostitution is an agreement between two consenting adults to do what they please with their persons. Excuse me if I don't follow your logic. Please explain.

Shane Harris
04-11-2013, 11:15 AM
Just wait until 2015 and we'll see if Beck is still trending up for you.

It makes no sense logically to turn a bunch of people towards us and then switch at the last minute, because that will still result in a lot of people turning towards us and then staying with us. Not everyone is a sheep. A lot of the people here used to really like Glenn Beck. If his evil master plan was to bring us down then he would just ignore us or fight us. What he is presently doing is helping us and especially helping Rand as of lately. My money is that if he runs, Rand will have Beck's support, which regardless of how pure Beck is or becomes, helps us greatly in the electoral sense.

Trust me I know what he's done and what he's said about Ron. I despise him but I'm happy that at the very least he is turning a lot of people towards us and making our ideas or even our labels more mainstream. A listener might wikipedia 'libertarian', which might then turn him towards classical liberalism, Friedman, Hayek, Ron Paul, Ayn Rand, austrian economics, Mises, Rothbard, Tom Woods, Lew Rockwell, Stephen Molyneux, agorism, voluntaryism, anarcho-capitalism, etc. Who knows how far that windy rabbit hole will go for each individual person. My own ideological evolution started with Ayn Rand and Milton Friedman and ended with Ron Paul, Murray Rothbard and the LvMI. I used to like Glenn Beck. I used to be a neocon. Then I used to be a moderate libertarian-leaning Republican. Then I became a minarchist. And now I would not shy away from the term anarcho-capitalist. Remember when they used to just ignore us? Or laugh at us? Or fight us? I don't know about anyone else here, but I much prefer this. Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. If he truly is trying to hijack us then he is beyond stupid because he is only helping us in the long run.

Christian Liberty
04-11-2013, 11:38 AM
I think he viewed Ron as sort of an "extreme libertarian," while Beck is more of a libertarian-leaning Republican or moderate libertarian. Beck has said that he'll most likely support Rand in 2016. Still, I don't understand how he could endorse someone as anti libertarian as Santorum. He could've just stayed neutral if he didn't like any of the candidates.

Not only that, it also shows political illiteracy.

In America you don't vote for dictator, you vote for President. Ron Paul could only have implemented so much of his own agenda anyway.

Its very likely that we'd have to pass through something Glenn Beck would consider "Sane" before getting to pure libertarianism. I often remind ancaps that any route to anarchy likely leads through minarchy first.

By contrast, Rick Santorum actually wants to move in the OPPOSITE direction that you, I, Glenn Beck, Ron Paul, or anyone else that could to any degree be considered part of the "Liberty movement" would want. I probably don't agree with you on everything, we probably don't agree with Ron Paul on everything, you, I and Ron Paul probably have a LOT of disagreements with Glenn Beck, but we all, along with Rand Paul, Chuck Baldwin, Pat Buchanan, Lew Rockwell, and a whole lot of other people all agree that we need to reduce the size of the government. Rick Santorum wants to increase it. So to support the guy that wants to move the opposite direction as you do rather than the one who wants to go the same direction as you, but maybe a little further in that direction, is silly.

A Son of Liberty
04-11-2013, 11:50 AM

Beck's response would have been, "But Ron Paul doesn't 'get it' when it comes to radical Islam."

To Beck I say, if you want to piss your pants over the conjurings of your imagination, feel free, but keep your damned hands off of MY MONEY AND MY FAMILY. I'm so sick if this simpleton making "exceptions" to logically derived conclusions...

A Son of Liberty
04-11-2013, 11:53 AM

Exactly - if he has his way, before long "libertarian" will mean, "limited domestic spending, vigorous national 'defense' (i.e., foreign aid to 'allies', and a continuation of the 'war on terror')".

Every time this puke opens his mouth and uses the word "libertarian", it makes our job harder.

Christian Liberty
04-11-2013, 11:56 AM
Glenn did say he's against foreign aid...

Christian Liberty
04-11-2013, 11:57 AM
Exactly - if he has his way, before long "libertarian" will mean, "limited domestic spending, vigorous national 'defense' (i.e., foreign aid to 'allies', and a continuation of the 'war on terror')".

Every time this puke opens his mouth and uses the word "libertarian", it makes our job harder.

You'd be surprised how many people erroneously think foreign policy is completely an in-house question. Its not.

enjerth
04-11-2013, 12:52 PM
I have to ask, do you really mean it, Mr. Beck? Are you really for full legalization of drugs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRxkwpNaWyU&feature=player_embedded#t=208s

Beck: What my problem is is not the people using drugs, it's the people who then see a drug user in the street and force me to pay for rehabilitation for that person.

Please, stop trying to rehabilitate drug users by threatening prison. That's the most expensive rehab program ever.

Beck: I still don't think we can legalize it overnight. I believe in reverse engineering this. The drug war is a failure.

Wait. I don't get it.

A Son of Liberty
04-11-2013, 01:08 PM
So we can't end the drug war because we can't end the welfare state? Brilliant.

enjerth
04-11-2013, 01:28 PM
So we can't end the drug war because we can't end the welfare state? Brilliant.

Ann Coulter is also a libertarian like that.

Welcome, Ann Coulter!/sarc

Working Poor
04-11-2013, 04:12 PM
I will wait until the rubber hits the road. Who will he endorse when it matters? We will see if he sells out liberty or not.

enjerth
04-12-2013, 10:06 AM
What my problem is is not the people using drugs, it's the people who then see a drug user in the street and force me to pay for rehabilitation for that person.

Man got 55 years (of criminal "rehab") for dealing $350 of pot to police informant (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?411023-Man-got-55-years-for-dealing-350-of-pot-to-police-informant)

At $29,349 per inmate, per year (2010 figures) (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDIQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vera.org%2Ffiles%2Fprice-of-prisons-utah-fact-sheet.pdf&ei=gTRoUZhYyoLJAbz4gZgN&usg=AFQjCNEWdtP5-YRKlrlyXRpnlV6_7ZJzDw&sig2=p7X101dWFlOdGMntcoGFVg&bvm=bv.45175338,d.b2I), you will be paying $1,614,195 to incarcerate this man for 55 years, Mr. Beck.

Do you think that $1,614,195 is a fair price to taxpayers?
With that, you get:
* $350 worth of pot. (about an ounce?)
* one witness testimony (a paid witness?) that they believed a firearm was involved.
with additional findings of:
* was suspected of gang involvement.
* suspect spent $30,000 (bought a Lexus).
and irrelevant findings of:
* girlfriend's house held a duffel bag with 'cannabis shakings'.
* didn't take a deal for a lesser sentence.

Good buy, Mr. Beck?

WhistlinDave
04-12-2013, 10:50 AM

I have never liked Glenn Beck until this interview. Sure, he's not quite there yet. Hell, I'm sure there's at least one issue that I'm not quite there yet on either, and a multitude of things I've believed and/or said in the past that were totally wrong.

Personally I was surprised and impressed by his humility. Lots of people say stupid shit on TV to millions of people. Very few are a big enough person to later admit how wrong they were. Even more so when you're in the public eye. And I did get the sense he was totally sincere.

So... I think it's a good thing. He may only be "for the most part pretty libertarian" or whatever, but that's better than what he used to be and he doesn't seem inclined to go back in the other direction. There's only one direction for him to keep going.