PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever sent a hostile email on behalf of Ron Paul?

aspiringconstitutionalist
11-24-2007, 08:27 PM
Okay, I know I've been tough on the fact that RP supporters need to stop blaming everything on vast media conspiracies and quit the martyr complex and all, but why is it that everyone who runs any sort of blog, website, online poll, etc. claims to be receiving numerous e-mails that they usually describe as "angry," "hostile," "expletive-filled" and "threatening"???

I only ask because I've never sent anything other than pleasant emails on behalf of Ron Paul, and I've never met another Ron Paul supporter that's sent such emails. Ron Paul supporters that I know tend to be energetic, and at the very worst they might be called "pushy," but sending hostile emails with expletives and threats? That doesn't sound like ANY other RP supporter I know. What gives?

I mean, is it possible that there really are a lot of RP supporters out there sending angry emails and leaving nasty comments on blogs and such? Or is it possible that perhaps there actually IS some sort of sabotage going on by supporters of other candidates who are posing as RP supporters and spamming websites with nasty emails in our name? I don't know why people would waste their time doing that to stop some "third tier kook candidate," but where could all those emails possibly be coming from? Of course, there's also my third suspicion that perhaps everyone else is hyping up this false notion that RP supporters are crazy, rabid, angry, expletive-hurling, threatening psychopaths so much that when some blog or poll receives even a mildly critical email from a RP supporter they claim they are "drowning in a deluge of hostile RP emails that are flooding their inbox" (that was the case with that Mackinac ferry incident--one guy yelled something stupid, once, and the media reports that this mob of angry RP supporters scared Rudy Giuliani into a broom closet or whatever--the videos of the event that came out afterward proved that that was entirely made up).

So, please vote and say honestly whether you've ever, even ONCE, sent a veritably angry e-mail, or an e-mail that contained at least one expletive, or an e-mail that contianed at least one threat of some kind, EVER, as a Ron Paul supporter, because I'm baffled as to how all these deranged angry RP supporters are eluding my notice, since I've never met one.

Perry
11-24-2007, 08:28 PM
absolutely not. Sent some angry pm's to people misbehaving though.

AlexMerced
11-24-2007, 08:29 PM
nah, I do most my RPing face to face, I've sent out local press releases for local efforts, but that's it.

mstrmac1
11-24-2007, 08:31 PM
Okay, I know I've been tough on the fact that RP supporters need to stop blaming everything on vast media conspiracies and quit the martyr complex and all, but why is it that everyone who runs any sort of blog, website, online poll, etc. claims to be receiving numerous e-mails that they usually describe as "angry," "hostile," "expletive-filled" and "threatening"???

I only ask because I've never sent anything other than pleasant emails on behalf of Ron Paul, and I've never met another Ron Paul supporter that's sent such emails. Ron Paul supporters that I know tend to be energetic, and at the very worst they might be called "pushy," but sending hostile emails with expletives and threats? That doesn't sound like ANY other RP supporter I know. What gives?

I mean, is it possible that there are really are a lot of RP supporters out there sending angry emails and leaving nasty comments on blogs and such? Or is it possible that perhaps there actually IS some sort of sabotage going on by supporters of other candidates who are posing as RP supporters and spamming websites with nasty emails in our name? I don't know why people would waste their time doing that to stop some "third tier kook candidate," but where could all those emails possibly be coming from? Of course, there's also my third suspicion that perhaps everyone else is hyping up this false notion that RP supporters are crazy, rabid, angry, expletive-hurling, threatening psychopaths so much that when some blog or poll receives even a mildly critical email from a RP supporter they claim they are "drowning in a deluge of hostile RP emails that are flooding their inbox" (that was the case with that Mackinac ferry incident--one guy yelled something stupid, once, and the media reports that this mob of angry RP supporters scared Rudy Giuliani into a broom closet or whatever--the videos of the event that came out afterward proved that that was entirely made up).

So, please vote and say honestly whether you've ever, even ONCE, sent a veritably angry e-mail, or an e-mail that contained at least one expletive, or an e-mail that contianed at least one threat of some kind, EVER, as a Ron Paul supporter.

Never and never will. ....By the way Im a sales man.

James R
11-24-2007, 08:34 PM
I usually include a mild form of insults in my emails, like saying "Didn't your mother teach you to..." But I think for now on I'll just stop insults completely regardless of how mild they are.

stevedasbach
11-24-2007, 08:34 PM
No. However I have seen extremely nasty comments from self-described Paul supporters on various websites, nasty messages on this forum, and nasty emails reprinted in blog bostings. Given the number of sites involved, from across the political spectrum, it seems likely that many of them were, in fact, posted by real (but misguided) Paul supporters.

Ron LOL
11-24-2007, 08:37 PM
Ditto, stevedasbach. I've sent a few e-mails in which I respectfully disagree and explain why. But cruising around and checking comments on RP articles, some folks really don't seem to have any self-control.

Typing while angry is generally a bad idea.

11-24-2007, 08:39 PM
I usually include a mild form of insults in my emails, like saying "Didn't your mother teach you to..." But I think for now on I'll just stop insults completely regardless of how mild they are.

Yeah, I think the meanest thing I've ever written was "You need to do more research on this subject!" Lol.

But what I'm consistently hearing are the words "expletive" and "threats". What RP supporter in their right mind would send an email with an expletive and/or THREATS for Pete's sake in the name of Ron Paul? That, and how could there possibly be so "many" of them? That, and how could I have never ever met one of these people or seen a real-life threatening or expletive-filled comment on a blog or anything? "What's going on?" is what I'm wondering. Maybe the RP backers I meet are just a REALLY nice, good-quality slice of his total support pool...?

pcosmar
11-24-2007, 08:44 PM
An angry but polite one, when Saul Anuzis called for banning Ron Paul from the debates.
E-mails and comments to others have been Firm but polite.

11-24-2007, 08:45 PM
An angry but polite one, when Saul Anuzis called for banning Ron Paul from the debates.

Yeah, maybe I should have specified. I'm not talking about firm emails or correcting emails, but impolite emails--specifically ones with expletives and threats.

Midnight77
11-24-2007, 08:45 PM
It's good to be honest here, people. If anyone has, please let us know. This is anonymous.

ladyliberty
11-24-2007, 08:52 PM
Absolutely not! I have written a couple of thoughful well written letters to clarify a misguided or wayward notion or two, but never any expletives or threats, etc.

Maybe they delete the thoughful comments so that only the ugly comments remain - thus making it appear that all Ron Paul related comments are ugly???

stevedasbach
11-24-2007, 08:58 PM
Here's a guy I can see sending nasty, hate-filled emails "in support" of Ron Paul:

http://leecountytoday.blogspot.com/2007/11/white-stealth-vote.html

inibo
11-24-2007, 08:58 PM
I probably popped off half cocked on a few YouTube threads several months ago, but I'm all better now. It dawned on me one day, when I was talking to a coworker and said he was a fascist and full of poo poo (not my exact words) because he thought the invasion of Iraq was justified, that, based on the look in his eyes, I was not making progress. Since then I've kept the vinegar and honey mantra running in my head.

Nevertheless, Eric Dondero is still a gob-kissing gleeking flap-mouthed coxcomb.

LibertyEagle
11-24-2007, 09:02 PM
Here's a guy I can see sending nasty, hate-filled emails "in support" of Ron Paul:

http://leecountytoday.blogspot.com/2007/11/white-stealth-vote.html

Oh geez. :eek:

Pauliana
11-24-2007, 09:04 PM
A soft word turns away wrath.

American
11-24-2007, 09:05 PM
I sent unpackaged baby powder with a skull & bones on the front cover, does that count?

torchbearer
11-24-2007, 09:16 PM
I notice a few trolls are brave enough to show themselves on this poll.

fedup100
11-24-2007, 09:27 PM
Well, I can see the honesty is overwhelming. I may have shot off a couple of colorful rants. In my defense though, I am from East Texas. We are plain spoken and tend to use some words just for "emphasis". Dr Paul would understand though being a fellow Texan.

The bravery on this thread is amazing, hope we don't have a "real" revolution.

I truly can't remember tearing someone a "new one" unless it was sean insanity and then that wouldn't count cause he most surely deserved it.

Boy I'm glad this is anonymous. :D:D

westmich4paul
11-25-2007, 12:17 AM

That one he will never live down lol. I heard the other day he was telling Michigan's Republican elite to treat Dr. Paul and his supporters with more respect and to give them the same courteousy as they would for any other candidate. I think Mr. Anuzis is finally "getting it". At the Kent County GOP meeting here in Grand Rapids Mr. Anuzis was there and I could literally see him counting to himself all the Paul supporters there and at every meeting it doubles. When I met him and shook his hand and introduced myself, I let him know that his Republican party is growing by the day with new people and he should be very happy and proud about that. I thnik his stance on Ron is like realizing that no matter how much you hate the speeding train you are not stopping it!

Benaiah
11-28-2007, 01:40 AM
Some kid made a Ron Paul/ Mike Huckabee video (It's on most discussed list right now). Read through the comments that people are leaving on his channel.
http://youtube.com/user/stodles

BLS
11-28-2007, 01:48 AM
Yes. I've done it.
Back in July when they wouldn't let Ron into the Iowa 'Forum'.
I called and politely left a message stating why I thought they were wrong.
I called back a few minutes later in an attempt to talk to a real human.
She was VERY rude, and very hostile, and hung up on me mid sentence (note I was still being very cordial).

Next call...I wasn't so nice. I'll admit it.

But that was the only time I can recall ever 'losing it' on someone and NOT using my brain.
But I will admit it.

pikerz
11-28-2007, 02:09 AM
eh, be careful about scapegoating. some people will just never be won over and will look for any reason to take offense to, talk bad about, or exclude Ron Paul supporters.

freedom brings with it passion-- and passion by its nature is very volatile. it also attracts all people of all stripes and colors.

the average joe that picks up your garbage or brings your groceries to your car may feel very passionately about our guy Ron Paul, and for the first time in his life feels like he wants to help a politician out. you just have to expect that in a lot of cases, this new found passion is going to be expressed in an unnuanced, inexperienced sort of way-- but its the sort of way this person knows, and in his heart believes is true and right.

when i was a kid, for example, if you said something bad about one of my buddies, you were going to get a punch in the nose, even if you were bigger and badder than me-- a senseless, stupid act of violence, but in this youthful time, we all believed it to be the right, and the honorable thing to do. buddies stick up for their buddies, consequences be damned.

so my point here really is that there prolly are some ron paul supporters behaving badly. it is a sign, however, that we have tapped into something very powerful-- something that touches the hearts and minds of our most experienced political players all the way down to the common man on the street.

freedom is attractive to all, and that "all" represents a very unpolished, unhomogenized mass of humanity.

Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.

This is freedom, guys-- in all its flawed perfection.

Those other campaigns play exclusion games-- this is their weakness, and their weakness is our strength.

BLS
11-28-2007, 02:12 AM
eh, be careful about scapegoating. some people will just never be won over and will look for any reason to take offense to, talk bad about, or exclude Ron Paul supporters.

freedom brings with it passion-- and passion by its nature is very volatile. it also attracts all people of all stripes and colors.

the average joe that picks up your garbage or brings your groceries to your car may feel very passionately about our guy Ron Paul, and for the first time in his life feels like he wants to help a politician out. you just have to expect that in a lot of cases, this new found passion is going to be expressed in an unnuanced, inexperienced sort of way-- but its the sort of way this person knows, and in his heart believes is true and right.

when i was a kid, for example, if you said something bad about one of my buddies, you were going to get a punch in the nose, even if you were bigger and badder than me-- a senseless, stupid act of violence, but in this youthful time, we all believed it to be the right, and the honorable thing to do. buddies stick up for their buddies, consequences be damned.

so my point here really is that there prolly are some ron paul supporters behaving badly. it is a sign, however, that we have tapped into something very powerful-- something that touches the hearts and minds of our most experienced political players all the way down to the common man on the street.

freedom is attractive to all, and that "all" represents a very unpolished, unhomogenized mass of humanity.

Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.

This is freedom, guys-- in all its flawed perfection.

Those other campaigns play exclusion games-- this is their weakness, and their weakness is our strength.

Look buddy...this is NO time for intelligent, well thought out, informed posts.
We're used to quibbly over spacing of text in ads, and image placement.
Get with the freakin program aiiiiight?

(yes...it's a joke....nice post BTW)

Thunderbolt
11-28-2007, 02:19 AM
I've been getting some RP spam that spouts positions that are not his and that are offensive to me. And I mean real spam from strange email addresses addressed to undisclosed recipient. Stuff designed to make him look fringe. So I don't know how to answer your question. No, they don't contain cuss words, but they are terrible. It happened a bunch for a while and then just stopped. So maybe it is gone now.

BLS
11-28-2007, 02:25 AM
I've been getting some RP spam that spouts positions that are not his and that are offensive to me. And I mean real spam from strange email addresses addressed to undisclosed recipient. Stuff designed to make him look fringe. So I don't know how to answer your question. No, they don't contain cuss words, but they are terrible. It happened a bunch for a while and then just stopped. So maybe it is gone now.

Yeah, that's a KNOWN problem. Some Eastern European place is sending out spam like mad with RP stuff.

Nothing you can do but ignore it/get a spam filter.