PDA

View Full Version : micro campaign signs

chipvogel
11-24-2007, 07:41 PM
The trend seems to be for bigger and bigger advertisements, what do you think about going the opposite direction?

now just hear me out....If i had a few hundred 2"x2" stickers that said something like "google Ron Paul and vote Ron Paul" that could be put anywhere like ATMs, gas pumps, above urinals and right above the PULL sign on the door.

I think it might be subtle but effective way to create more name recognition.

John of Des Moines
11-24-2007, 07:46 PM
No. Putting them on other people's property is passe now. As for "Google Ron Paul" I just got an email from another meetup leader who sees the "Google Ron Paul" as past it usefulness. Now that the MSM is writing hit pieces we'd rather get people to go to RonPaul2008.com for the real story. MTCW

Austin
11-24-2007, 08:10 PM
No. Putting them on other people's property is passe now. As for "Google Ron Paul" I just got an email from another meetup leader who sees the "Google Ron Paul" as past it usefulness. Now that the MSM is writing hit pieces we'd rather get people to go to RonPaul2008.com for the real story. MTCW

1. Go to google.com
2. Type in Ron Paul
3. Click on first search result
4. Look what web site you are at

Most people still do not know who Ron Paul is, and those who have only heard of him will likely be more inclined to listen for his name, or even research him after seeing several Google Ron Paul signs.

I'm not saying it's the best sign, but don't brush it off just yet.

10thAmendmentMan
11-24-2007, 08:12 PM
No. Putting them on other people's property is passe now.

Substitute "obnoxious" for "passe" and I second this.

jonahtrainer
11-24-2007, 08:13 PM
The trend seems to be for bigger and bigger advertisements, what do you think about going the opposite direction?

now just hear me out....If i had a few hundred 2"x2" stickers that said something like "google Ron Paul and vote Ron Paul" that could be put anywhere like ATMs, gas pumps, above urinals and right above the PULL sign on the door.

I think it might be subtle but effective way to create more name recognition.

I keep seeing bumper stickers plastered all over the place. I really wish I knew who placed them so I could make sure they are aware of the campaign's warning. But alas, the darn things just keep turning up everywhere all across the country. They are just about perfect for what you are suggesting. Of course, keep in mind the campaign's official suggestion:

"Campaign materials should never be placed on private property without the permission of the property owner and, because certain state and local laws limit the placement of campaign materials on public property, please research local restrictions before placing campaign materials on public property or rights-of-way."