PDA

View Full Version : Gang Of Eight To Oppose Any Amendments to Thier 1500 Page Bill

CaseyJones
04-08-2013, 05:59 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/04/08/Report-Gang-of-Eight-to-band-together-to-force-immigration-bill-through-with-no-amendments

In response to Nakamura’s article on Monday, Gang of Eight member Sen. Marco Rubio’s spokesman Alex Conant told Breitbart News that his description of the process being worked on is not correct. “The legislation that the eight senators are working on is only the start of the process; we expect several committee hearings, a full debate, and an open process for other senators to offer amendments,” Conant said. “It’s premature to speculate about what sort of amendments might be offered, but if another senator offers an amendment that improves the legislation consistent with the principles Senator Rubio has outlined, then I would expect members of the group of eight to support it.”

But Rubio’s words are unlikely to do much to assuage the concerns of conservative Republicans in Congress, especially as fellow Gang of Eight member New York Democratic Sen. Chuck Schumer, Senate Judiciary Committee chairman Sen. Pat Leahy, and other Democrats appear poised to rush whatever bill the bipartisan group comes up with through as fast as they can once the legislative text is presented.

Nakamura notes the bill is expected to be around 1,500 pages long, and that the Gang of Eight “is trying to strike a deal in which all the members agree to oppose any amendments to the core provisions, even if they might agree with the amendments, people familiar with the talks said.”

more at link ^

Brett85
04-08-2013, 06:00 PM
Wow, that was some weird timing. Exactly 6:59.

Brett85
04-08-2013, 06:07 PM
I guess my thread was just deleted. Anyway, I just thought it was funny that CaseyJones and I both posted this article at exactly 6:59. It seems ridiculous to me that it takes 1,500 pages to write a bill concerning immigration reform.

CaseyJones
04-08-2013, 06:09 PM
must be a lot hidden away in it, and mine was a microsecond before yours :p

Anti Federalist
04-08-2013, 06:45 PM
Says something about where we are at in this country, when murderous, treasonous senators are refered to a "Gang Of Eight" or whatever.

Since they are named after the original "Gang of Four" which were a bunch of murderous Maoist Chinese Communists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gang_of_Four