PDA

View Full Version : Gov. Jindal is no leader; backs down

itshappening
04-08-2013, 02:39 PM
He's just backed down and withdrawn his "plan" for Louisiana.

What a fool. If you're a leader you must have confidence in your plan and ram it through the legislature. He's in his 2nd term and faces no electoral consequences. I don't know all the details of his plan but just ditching the State income tax is a proven way of generating jobs and prosperity even if you trade it for a higher sales tax.

So Gov. Jindal has caved to pressure. He's watched the polls and listened to the political prognosticators and changed course. He's shrieked away in the face of opposition and failed a basic test of leadership

What a contrast on the day that Margaret Thatcher's death has been announced and that we celebrate true conservative leadership. She faced far more pressing opposition to her "plans" and far greater consequences as the fate of a nation hung in the balance but unlike Bobby Jindal the Lady wasn't for turning.

abacabb
04-08-2013, 02:41 PM
He's a liberal wimp.

kathy88
04-08-2013, 03:48 PM
What a pussy.

Humanae Libertas
04-08-2013, 03:53 PM
Neo-Cons are all wimps.

supermario21
04-08-2013, 04:05 PM
Libertarians and small government conservatives are the only bold politicians I've seen. Ex...Rand always shredding the Ryan budget and Massie introducing a bill to repeal gun free zones right after Newtown.

itshappening
04-08-2013, 04:21 PM
Libertarians and small government conservatives are the only bold politicians I've seen. Ex...Rand always shredding the Ryan budget and Massie introducing a bill to repeal gun free zones right after Newtown.

That's true. The rest are just spineless with no real principles and no stomach to actually push through reform in the face of loud opposition from special interests.

That's why Thatcher is being celebrated. She did some bold things which produced change for the better. Not perfect but better than every other hack politician before her or since.

RonPaulMall
04-08-2013, 04:42 PM
What a contrast on the day that Margaret Thatcher's death has been announced and that we celebrate true conservative leadership. She faced far more pressing opposition to her "plans" and far greater consequences as the fate of a nation hung in the balance but unlike Bobby Jindal the Lady wasn't for turning.

Lady Thatcher fell from power because of her refusal to back down on the poll tax, which like Jindal's sales tax plan, was a mostly revenue neutral tax plan that had the effect of increasing on taxes on most people. So I would say Jindal learned the lesson of Lady Thatcher quite well. He should focus his efforts on more popular ideas that would actually reduce government, not a complex scheme to simply re-arrange the deck chairs of tax policy in a way that only stains the GOP brand while keeping government as large as ever.

itshappening
04-08-2013, 04:43 PM
Lady Thatcher fell from power because of her refusal to back down on the poll tax, which like Jindal's sales tax plan, was a mostly revenue neutral tax plan that had the effect of increasing on taxes on most people. So I would say Jindal learned the lesson of Lady Thatcher quite well. He should focus his efforts on more popular ideas that would actually reduce government, not a complex scheme to simply re-arrange the deck chairs of tax policy in a way that only stains the GOP brand while keeping government as large as ever.

She pushed through the poll tax even though she knew there would be riots.

She had balls and put it all on the line. Not just in 1990 but all throughout her premiership.

Jindal is weak and pathetic.