PDA

View Full Version : PETA to Fly Drones to 'Stalk Hunters'

green73
04-08-2013, 01:59 PM
http://dafuq.com.ar/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/00229734-500x274.jpg

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals is actively shopping for a drone that would "stalk hunters," the organization said Monday.

[READ: Drones to Monitor Endangered Animals in Africa]

The group says it will "soon have some impressive new weapons at its disposal to combat those who gun down deer and doves" and that it is "shopping for one or more drone aircraft with which to monitor those who are out in the woods with death on their minds."

The group says it will not weaponize the drones, but will use them to film potentially illegal hunting activity and turn it over to law enforcement.

cont
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/04/08/peta-plans-to-fly-drones-that-would-stalk-hunters

Warrior_of_Freedom
04-08-2013, 02:02 PM
Are those dead birds formed into PETA?
They can honestly go fuck off. I'm sick of these hypocrites. There's nothing "humane" about putting a dog/cat to sleep. It always bewildered me how someone can claim they love animals so much, but quickly kill them off once they become an inconvenience to take care of.

green73
04-08-2013, 02:13 PM
Are those dead birds formed into PETA?

Geese. These are rabbits.

http://www.tonyrogers.com/humor/images/peta_rabbits.jpg

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
04-08-2013, 02:15 PM
Geese. These are rabbits.

He's on a roll of bullshit, with no fact checking. lol.

abacabb
04-08-2013, 02:16 PM
Can they fire missiles?

Warrior_of_Freedom
04-08-2013, 02:16 PM
Don't be a little turd and try to bring an argument from one thread into another thread. There's nothing to fact check about asking if an animal is a bird. Pic was too small for me to tell. Green said they were geese. A goose is a bird. Then Green linked a second picture, which Green said were rabbits. There's no bullshit going on here except for yours.

Anti Federalist
04-08-2013, 02:23 PM
But...but, they are a private outfit.

Pffft..."drone trap".

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
04-08-2013, 02:34 PM
Don't be a little turd and try to bring an argument from one thread into another thread. There's nothing to fact check about asking if an animal is a bird. Pic was too small for me to tell. Green said they were geese. A goose is a bird. Then Green linked a second picture, which Green said were rabbits. There's no bullshit going on here except for yours.

Ok. I'll own that. Though, you calling me "a little turd" is more comical than you know. Stay classy.

Dr.3D
04-08-2013, 02:39 PM
Emmm... I hope they send some over my field when I'm out pheasant hunting.

LibertyEagle
04-08-2013, 02:45 PM
Emmm... I hope they send some over my field when I'm out pheasant hunting.

There ya go. lol

asurfaholic
04-08-2013, 02:48 PM
What's worse than armed thugs (govt) with drones? "Private" companies /groups who have no boundaries, no jurisdiction conflicts, and a whole lotsa hate for people who don't feel the same way they do about the meat of the world.

Why isn't PETA listed as a hate group?

kcchiefs6465
04-08-2013, 02:59 PM
Bird shot.

The Goat
04-08-2013, 03:12 PM
Bird shot.

tight pattern.

PaulConventionWV
04-08-2013, 03:14 PM
Ok. I'll own that. Though, you calling me "a little turd" is more comical than you know. Stay classy.

Testy bunch, aren't we?

PaulConventionWV
04-08-2013, 03:16 PM
What if someone were to destroy this drone? Would that be illegal?

kcchiefs6465
04-08-2013, 03:18 PM
What if someone were to destroy this drone? Would that be illegal?
You betcha. Well, maybe not illegal, (?) they'd probably sue you for the cost of the drone though.

jbauer
04-08-2013, 03:19 PM
http://dafuq.com.ar/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/00229734-500x274.jpg

cont
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/04/08/peta-plans-to-fly-drones-that-would-stalk-hunters

So wait, they're going to fly a drone without weapons trying to scare off deer from a guy/gal who has a gun. They better invest in some good cameras because I know quite a few hunters that are a damn good shot. Since its not government issue it shouldn't be an issue at all to shot that mother down.

jbauer
04-08-2013, 03:20 PM
What's worse than armed thugs (govt) with drones? "Private" companies /groups who have no boundaries, no jurisdiction conflicts, and a whole lotsa hate for people who don't feel the same way they do about the meat of the world.

Why isn't PETA listed as a hate group?

Hate group. Terrorists!!! They are going to fly drones onto private airspace without FAA approval.

The Goat
04-08-2013, 03:30 PM
Animal rights group says drone shot down

http://thetandd.com/animal-rights-group-says-drone-shot-down/article_017a720a-56ce-11e1-afc4-001871e3ce6c.html

A remote-controlled aircraft owned by an animal rights group was reportedly shot down near Broxton Bridge Plantation Sunday near Ehrhardt, S.C.

Steve Hindi, president of SHARK (SHowing Animals Respect and Kindness), said his group was preparing to launch its Mikrokopter drone to video what he called a live pigeon shoot on Sunday when law enforcement officers and an attorney claiming to represent the privately-owned plantation near Ehrhardt tried to stop the aircraft from flying.

"It didn't work; what SHARK was doing was perfectly legal," Hindi said in a news release. "Once they knew nothing was going to stop us, the shooting stopped and the cars lined up to leave."

He said the animal rights group decided to send the drone up anyway.

"Seconds after it hit the air, numerous shots rang out," Hindi said in the release. "As an act of revenge for us shutting down the pigeon slaughter, they had shot down our copter."

He claimed the shooters were "in tree cover" and "fled the scene on small motorized vehicles."

"It is important to note how dangerous this was, as they were shooting toward and into a well-travelled highway," Hindi stated in the release. He said someone from SHARK called the Colleton County Sheriff's Department, which took a report of the incident.

The Colleton County Sheriff's Department filed a malicious damage to property incident report.

According to the report, Hindi told the responding deputy the group's remote-controlled aircraft "was hovering over U.S. 601 when he heard a shot come from the wood line. The shot sounded to him that it was of small caliber."

The incident report went on to state that "once shot, the helicopter lost lift and crash landed on the roadway of U.S. 601."

The deputy noted in the report that he was unable to speak to anyone at Broxton Bridge Plantation following the incident.

Hindi estimated damage to the drone at around $200 to $300.

Hindi said he will seek charges against those who shot down the drone.

"This was SHARK's first encounter with the Broxton Bridge Plantation, but it will certainly not be the last," Hindi said in the release. "We are already making plans for a considerably upscaled action in 2013."

Darguth
04-08-2013, 03:37 PM
So...they want us to note that they were shooting over a well-traveled highway. What about the fact that you were flying a drone over a well-traveled highway. Y'know, drones that have a notorious record for crashing?

Herp derp.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
04-08-2013, 03:40 PM

That post got me my first neg rep ever. woot!

Not from Warrior_of_Freedom, who was content to call me a little turd.

brushfire
04-08-2013, 03:51 PM
Pretty cool - PETA gives the watched hunter a chance to never get skunked. POV duck kill.

Anti Federalist
04-08-2013, 05:45 PM
Fuck a bunch of "property rights" for drone owners.

It should be open season on any drone, government or private, putting you under surviellance without permission or consent.

Don't want your "property" all shot to shit?

Don't fucking fly it around me.

dannno
04-08-2013, 05:49 PM
Fuck a bunch of "property rights" for drone owners.

It should be open season on any drone, government or private, putting you under surviellance without permission or consent.

Don't want your "property" all shot to shit?

Don't fucking fly it around me.

Ironically the government won't let you fly your own drone around on your own property for commercial purposes.